Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

The good news is that they're seemingly in for about 3 or 4 other players right now. They won't get hung up on Cabaye, they'll just go for someone else, then someone else.

Maybe.

They definitely knew this bid would get rejected. This is far from over imo.

Why do Arsenal want Cabaye? :dontknow:

Arteta is 4 years older at 31 and the only other 2 dedicated central midfielders they have who can hold a candle to him are Wilshire and Diaby. If they can get him for £15m then it would be great business. Not that I think they will for that much.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

FFS he's a fully established French international with 3 years left on his contract. Surely he's just trying to unsettle our player to join them rather than just paying up his price tag 

Guest neesy111

For all of the s*** Cabaye gets on here who do people think that we could realistically attract to replace him that's of the same calibre?

Shouldn't be too hard to replace him. He was non-existent for about 20 games last year.

Apart from the ones where he came back and pulled us out of the s***?

We stayed firmly in the s*** until the second last game. His contributions while captain were an absolute disgrace.

He may not have been captain material but had he not come back we'd have been royally f***ed. Villa away?

BRYbkInCQAEcBLj.png

Let's not play this game. I've got at least 6 games since he can back which he should have been shot for.

Gets an inordinate amount of shit on here, playing a turgid side. Its ridiculous.

Good players stand out in turgid sides.  He didn't last season.

The good news is that they're seemingly in for about 3 or 4 other players right now. They won't get hung up on Cabaye, they'll just go for someone else, then someone else.

Maybe.

They definitely knew this bid would get rejected. This is far from over imo.

they'll posture for a bit but I just can't see them going to a price we'd accept and I definitely can't see Ashley lowering asking price

Was it Arsenal that reportedly wanted him last summer or Liverpool? Can't remember. Anyway, he'll be desperate to go there. French manager, good footballing principles, Champions League, London for the wife, more money... The list is endless. Arsenal know this, obviously.

Was it Arsenal that reportedly wanted him last summer or Liverpool? Can't remember. Anyway, he'll be desperate to go there. French manager, good footballing principles, Champions League, London for the wife, more money... The list is endless. Arsenal know this, obviously.

:pardsgrin:

For all of the s*** Cabaye gets on here who do people think that we could realistically attract to replace him that's of the same calibre?

Shouldn't be too hard to replace him. He was non-existent for about 20 games last year.

I think it also needs to be remembered that we dont have a clue what we are doing. I think we buy good players, but not to fit into any sort of system. This newcastle team has not had a style of play for a good few years, there are no real tactics on show, and as a result it is difficult to look at players to fit into what we do.

:thup:

I don't think that really stands up when you look at the players we've bought and when.  We actually tend to buy in the right positions, just not necessarily the style of player that Pardew would prefer.

We've got one acceptable goalscorer and one acceptable winger in the entire squad, man. Fucking wake up.

Why do Arsenal want Cabaye? :dontknow:

Paceless, average height, passing midfielders are Arsene's new small, positionless attacking midfield/forwards.

It would be interesting to see how he would look in an Arsenal midfield, although obviously I'd rather we could create the same conditions here for him to flourish.

I think it also needs to be remembered that we dont have a clue what we are doing. I think we buy good players, but not to fit into any sort of system. This newcastle team has not had a style of play for a good few years, there are no real tactics on show, and as a result it is difficult to look at players to fit into what we do.

:thup:

I don't think that really stands up when you look at the players we've bought and when.  We actually tend to buy in the right positions, just not necessarily the style of player that Pardew would prefer.

We've got one acceptable goalscorer and one acceptable winger in the entire squad, man. Fucking wake up.

That doesn't have any bearing on what I said. I don't claim we always buy every player we need, I'm saying that when we make signings they are often in positions we need to strengthen.

PS Fuck off.

Ashley wont sell below a certain price, Cabayes far more likely to improve his status this season. Plus hes shown his top end potential in enough momentary flashes that his minimum value is unlikely to drop much lower really regardless. Arsenal are taking the piss really.