Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Sophie S

Thanks for the translation mini.

I really hope this puts a stop to all the "Demba is unhappy, Demba is sulking, Demba is acting like a spoiled kid" talk. He seems to feel happy and well accepted in Newcastle, with the fellow players and with the fans. Of course he is unhappy about his performance at the minute - he is a striker after all, he wants to score goals. I would be quite upset if it wasn't like that. But I can't see any sort of jealousy or general disagreement with the way Pardew plays him (apart from the Bolton match) or with the fact that Cisse is now the star: "I don’t score but if another one scores, I’m happy too".

This talk of some on here recently isn't really helping:

I think he's acting a bit like a spoilt kid atm.

It's sort of like he's been friends with a kid for ages and introduces him to everyone else, who then think he's cooler. So then he ends up being forgotten about and goes in a strop.

Agree with that, but the spoilt kid act he is portraying atm ( not saying is but its what it looks like) is what is annoying me.

You forget that he actually hasn't done anything to support these statements except for refusing Pardews handshake?! People are just grabbing this from nothing. His interviews and most of his public gestures (celebrating with Cisse, the team, ...) say otherwise. Just read again what mini posted.

The best we can do as fans is continue to support him so that he gets over his dry spell quickly and doesn't lose more confidence.

Thanks for the translation mini.

I really hope this puts a stop to all the "Demba is unhappy, Demba is sulking, Demba is acting like a spoiled kid" talk. He seems to feel happy and well accepted in Newcastle, with the fellow players and with the fans. Of course he is unhappy about his performance at the minute - he is a striker after all, he wants to score goals. I would be quite upset if it wasn't like that. But I can't see any sort of jealousy or general disagreement with the way Pardew plays him (apart from the Bolton match) or with the fact that Cisse is now the star: "I don’t score but if another one scores, I’m happy too".

This talk of some on here recently isn't really helping:

I think he's acting a bit like a spoilt kid atm.

It's sort of like he's been friends with a kid for ages and introduces him to everyone else, who then think he's cooler. So then he ends up being forgotten about and goes in a strop.

Agree with that, but the spoilt kid act he is portraying atm ( not saying is but its what it looks like) is what is annoying me.

You forget that he actually hasn't done anything to support these statements except for refusing Pardews handshake?! People are just grabbing this from nothing. His interviews and most of his public gestures (celebrating with Cisse, the team, ...) say otherwise. Just read again what mini posted.

The best we can do as fans is continue to support him so that he gets over his dry spell quickly and doesn't lose more confidence.

You shouldn't have to tell people that. If BA is pissed off at getting brought off then good for him, I want all of our players to want to play 90 minutes of every game. I'll take a Demba BA over a Michael Owen every day of the week. One player wants to play while the other is happy to sit on his arse while getting paid for nothing.

Guest mimifrench

I tend to agree with you Sophie S but you all have to be careful with what I wrote . I mean here I just translated the whole interviesw but it might be true that Ba was frustrated by his situation. He wasn't of course going to say to the journalist : Yes fuck them all, I'm jealous of Cisse scoring and being the big star..."

I tend to agree with you Sophie S but you all have to be careful with what I wrote . I mean here I just translated the whole interviesw but it might be true that Ba was frustrated by his situation. He wasn't of course going to say to the journalist : Yes f*** them all, I'm jealous of Cisse scoring and being the big star..."

Mimi is amazing, thanks for that :thup:

Nope i said it because of his on the pitch demeanor and the fact the more frustrated he got the more we switched to 4-4-2 so i assumed Pardew did it to get Ba a goal to keep him sweet.

I do support him and will continue to support him, its just his recent on the pitch attitude gave the look of someone who wanted to get a goal for himself rather than helping the team.

And i dont like to see that, i might be totally wrong and i hope iam wrong but thats how i interpreted his body language. 

Guest Shaun

Can’t believe I’m doing all that just for you but as I promise (POOT it’s for you mainly ;)), here is the transcription and translation of Demba Ba’s interview on French TV (there were some very funny moments also so wanted to share it with you):

-On the Premier League: He was asked about Balotelli and said he talked with him last time a little and seemed a good guy. He’s very talented but with such a behavior on the pitch, you can’t want to work with him. For Ba. Balotelli is a “misunderstood” person… 

Ba said that he thinks Man Utd will be Champion. He really praised Sir Alex Ferguson, he admires him.

-On NUFC: little report on Ba was called “Ba to follow Drogba’s steps?

For the Bolton match, Ba said that he was clearly unhappy to be subbed that’s why he had this behavior. It was 0-0 and they had to win so he wanted to stay on the pitch, they had to win...

They after talked about the 4th fourth place on the league and if NUFC was the favorite.

Showed some videos about his goals and there were a lot of similitude between him and Drogba. Indeed Ba really succeed/became good at 25-26 years old. He had quite the same route as Drogba, played first in France with low division (amateurs) and played like Ben arfa in Montrouge (little town in the limit of Paris which is also MY TOWN too :aww:).

Even Ba said that he can’t believe it. Drogba is a kind of modele for him, well after Thierry Henry. He adores the Premier league, best in the world for him ahead of Germany where he played. Said that it is THE league where to play. He takes a lot of pleasure to play in it.

Chelsea’s coach of the keeper was here too and reckoned similitude with Drogba.

-On Ba position on the pitch: He said that he likes “walking” on the pitch in the meaning of going everywhere. He wants to be part of the game, like going down on the pitch, helping in the middle (sorry here for the translation). Important thing is that he said he’s not the forward who will always stay on the penalty area, he likes moving!!!

Plus they showed that his stats are better than Drogba for his first season in England.

-On the relation with the Frenchies: He really loves Cabaye! Has a very good relation with him on the pitch.

Said literally: “I’m in his home every 2 days and reciprocally!”  :lol: After that French journalist asked him:  “So you are married with him then?” They laughed a lot at that, it was very funny.

Said he adores all the Frenchies with Hatem and Cissé.

Moreover, Ba that he always wanted to play in England.

Said that if he scored it’s good, if not, no problem, he’ll do it next time. He won’t make a big deal for that.

It’s like he’s playing like when he was a kid at school. He’s finding again his sensations. But the difference here according to him is that now when you don’t score, you start worrying and becoming less confident (contrary to when he was a kid and played for fun…).

Demba added that you have sensational public, fans.

-On Papiss’s form and his change of position on the pitch: Now Ba is playing differently because Pardew changed the style of play since Cissé came. Ba plays on the left but it’s not very new for him as he already played there during his career.

French journalist asked him if it was frustrating not scoring and not being THE star since Cissé came. Ba answered: “It’s sure, I want to be in the middle but the coach made his choices. So for the team I do it. We all work for Cissé. I’m happy that he scores. It doesn’t bother me to be on the “wing”…”

“Really happy for Cissé. I don’t score but if another one scores, I’m happy too”.

-On Ba’s little secret: SYRUP!!! It was a very funny moment too.

They showed an extract of an interview he gave to an English journalist. Said he loved syrup (strawberry one lol), he’s been drinking it for around 10 years now. Every day he put it in water, it’s like an addiction he said. His family always brings it to him…

-On PSG: Paris is his favorite team, it’ll be a dream to play there he said (well, here he answered the journalist) as he was supporting that team since he’s a kid. He said “you can’t explain that love for PSG”.

Funny story to conclude: He told he was (again) at Cabaye’s home to watch the PSG-OM game on Sunday, he was happy because PSG won! But has quite a fight (lol) with Cabaye’s wife as she is from the South of France so maybe she was supporting Marseille… :lol:

PS : Just one rectification about what he said on HBA. He said exactly this: “I think that Ben arfa doesn’t like when we see him training/working hard”. He impresses him a lot. For his goal, HBA confessed when he saw there was a possibility to score, he said to himself “Why not then??”…

Hope you’ve enjoyed that translation even if I’m sure it’s full of mistakes, sorry.

I have the most peculiar erection. . . I love Demba, me.  :love:

Every time he's mentioned PSG he's also praised the Premier League.

He adores the Premier league, best in the world for him ahead of Germany where he played. Said that it is THE league where to play.

I think it's fairly clear that while he does have aspirations of playing for Paris eventually, he wants to make the most of his career and he sees that being done here in the PL. Obviously you cannot rule out someone coming in with silly money, but I certainly don't think he's pushing for a move like some people have twisted it to look like.

Demba Ba insists he is happy to put his own goalscoring ambitions to one side in order to help Newcastle United team-mate Papiss Cisse to flourish.

Following his arrival on Tyneside on a free transfer last summer, Ba scored 15 goals in his first 19 Premier League appearances for the Magpies.

However, since returning from Africa Cup of Nations duty with Senegal and the signing of compatriot Cisse, the 26-year-old has managed just one goal in 10 outings.

In contrast, Cisse has scored 10 goals in nine games for the Magpies and Ba is prepared to sacrifice his own goals after being moved in to a different position by manager Alan Pardew.

"I work in order to score goals, but also so Papiss can score," said Ba. "The coach told me he would put me on the left. And for the team I thought, 'Let's do it'.

"Also, I know the qualities of Papiss as a finisher. It does not bother me at all.

"As a striker you like to be in the striking position but now the coach has made a decision. He has decided for Papiss to be there.

"I do what I have to do to balance the formation for the good of the team. If I can be in the finishing area I do everything to be there, if I cannot, we do the work for Papiss.

"I like to be up front but lately the coach has decided to play with three strikers and I do not mind playing on the side.

"If I score, that's great, but if I don't score there is someone else who does."

Hope he puts a couple of screamers away like he did before the new year. If he gets three chances within twenty yards he'll put one away but I don't know if he'll get the chances

Indeed. Let's hope he puts that bunch of cavemen to bed on Saturday with a goal or two.

Guest Chubby Jason

He might well have and it's probably something of nothing but it irritates me when players bang the drum for other clubs. This isn't the first time he's mentioned them either.

All of this is from the same French TV interview. The press literally have nothing else to do other than drip feed his comments out over a number of days as though it's new stuff.

He might well have and it's probably something of nothing but it irritates me when players bang the drum for other clubs. This isn't the first time he's mentioned them either.

Mentioned them? I doubt he brings up the topic tbh. If he's asked a question, he'll answer it, he's pretty straight to the point. Nowt wrong with it.