Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Full thing:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4299494/Demba-Ba-and-Papiss-Cisse-struck-a-pact-to-scare-hell-out-of-Prem.html

We promised to each other that we’d plant fear into defenders!

Exclusive

By PAUL SMITH

Published: 05th May 2012

DEMBA BA and Papiss Cisse struck a pact to strike fear into the Premier League and scare the hell out of rival defenders.

The God-fearing dynamic duo have duly delivered on that promise much to the delight of the Newcastle fans who are suddenly dreaming of watching the pair take their double act into Europe next season.

Although the goals may have mysteriously dried up for Ba, who made a sensational start to the campaign, Cisse’s form has left the fanatical Geordies in wonderland.

Ba, who today puts to rest rumours he is planning to quit the club in the summer, said: “The season is developing beyond all our wildest expectations.

“Our time has arrived and we have to make sure we make the most of it.

“We have a lot of belief in ourselves and even when we have faced difficulties in the league we have shown we have the resilience and mental strength to recover.”

Despite the brilliant form of the Senegal pair most critics finally wrote off Newcastle after the disastrous 4-0 defeat against Wigan last weekend left their Champions League aspirations hanging by a thread.

But the magnificent 2-0 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday has revived their dreams of playing in Europe next season.

And that is mainly because of the impact and sensational form of Ba’s strike pal Cisse.

He has scored 13 goals in 12 games since joining the club in January but his predatory form is no shock to Ba, who partners the marksman for the Senegal national team.

Ba, who has scored 16 goals this season but none since February 5 said: “Honestly, it’s no surprise to me.

“He was made for Newcastle. He is an exceptional forward and has made it look so easy making the transition into the Premier League.

“On the first day he arrived we promised one another that we would form a partnership that would strike fear into England and the Premier League defences.

“And we are keeping our promise. Cisse is scoring goals that even Cristiano Ronaldo would be proud of.

“For me, he is the best strike sensation of the season.

“I knew we would form a great partnership having played with each other for the Senegal national team.

“We are bringing happiness to a lot of people and that in turn makes us very happy — we can play with a smile on our faces.

“We almost have a telepathic understanding but we can communicate with words and gestures from our own country that nobody else understands and that is a small advantage over rival defenders.”

Although Cisse’s arrival has coincided with something of an unexpected goal drought for Ba, he insists it has not played on his mind too much.

The 26-year-old added: “I have said to the Newcastle supporters that I have not forgotten how to score goals and the next one will arrive with a huge celebration.

“I accept my spell of bad luck is unusual but I haven’t become obsessed with it.

“I know I will score eventually and they could come in any of the two remaining games.

“I would love to bring it to an end against Manchester City today.”

The biggest mystery surrounds Ba’s future and whether he will be around next season if Alan Pardew and his Newcastle side do qualify for the Champions League.

But today he emphatically puts those rumours to rest insisting he wants to stay.

He revealed: “Nobody has said they are not counting on being without me next season.

“The rumours about me leaving have no basis.

“I have never said I want to leave. I love the Newcastle fans.

“Since the day I arrived they have shown me nothing but support, so why would I walk away from that?”

Guest pintofscottsellers

When he scores against Man City all hell will break loose. Can't wait for it to happen.

Today is his day, Big Dem to score the winner

Guest VaVaVoom

I think its more his way of tellin Paul Smith to make sure it is true what he prints rather than some minipulated bullshit they normally churn out.

Guest je85

Ba will score today. I can feel it. :megusta:

Aye, going to put money on him as anytime scorer.

I think its more his way of tellin Paul Smith to make sure it is true what he prints rather than some minipulated bullshit they normally churn out.

So that means all those awesome quotes weren't actually from Demba? :(

Guest VaVaVoom

So that means all those awesome quotes weren't actually from Demba? :(

Missing the point...i think he was just saying make sure he prints what he actually said.

Showed glimpses of his old self. But still not a good game, Cisse was much more mobile and just seemed to want it more. Hope he can finish off the season with a hattrick.

The few times he had space to pass it hr tried to shoot. I think he's chasing a goal too much instead of trying to play in his team mates. The first half chance where Ben Arfa volleyed the rebound, he prob should have layed it off to him first time. Still, he showed improvement and hopefully next week he can grab a goal!

Thought he was decent today, great work rate. He will score more goals soon. That control in the second half and the fannying around playing keepups afterward, hilarious....if we really didnt need him to pass the ball properly at the end of it.