Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

As if people would advocate letting go of a good footballer with a good attitude.

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

He's just not built for 90 minutes of Premier League football on a regular basis. He's basically been running on almost empty for 2 months.

I agree here, I think he's just been drained completely for the season. Would be nice to see him work his fitness levels this summer and hopefully not struggle as much during Ramadan and kick on. 

Crazy statement here, I'm hoping we also don't get rid of Leon Best and we are able to use Besty this next  season with European football on the horizon.

Found it:

Samuel Ameobi ‏ @Sammy_Ameobi

Sitting in the box with Kano and Potts, as if one of @dembabafoot 's boys have brought a chicken cottage bucket in. A brothers gotta know there's a time and a place for fried chicken #packlunch

:lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Probably not going to be a popular thing to say on here. But I wont be too fussed if we sell Ba on in the summer. His price is at the largest its going to ever be.. I just feel that even when he was scoring goals, his all round play is not good enough. His passing has been sloppy all season, he constantly trys to turn instead of playing the earlier easy pass, he struggles to physically dominate most centre halfs... If we get an offer of say 12 million pounds .. I wouldnt hesitate to sell him and replace him with a pacier/ wide player.

I can't agree with this in terms of Demba's quality early in the season- he was top class.

However, today was a classic example of where we should have played 4-3-3 but didn't with the most likely reason being that they didn't trust Demba to track Zabaleta. The first goal comes from them outnumbering us in the middle.

If Demba was to go with us signing two pacy 4-3-3 style widemen, it wouldn't be the end of my world and it would lessen the impact of the ACON next year as well.

A straight swap for Gameiro wouldn't be too bad either!

I agree .. I remember against Man Utd at home where his performance was completely dominant .. but since then hes the one player that frustrates the hell out of me.. as he has an inability to retain posession... without scoring goals he is not an asset to the side at all.

pure short termism. if you could find one newcastle fan in january who would advocate getting rid of ba i will give you a million pounds. he's not scored in a while so some fans are going to start saying he's shite. personally i don't think we should lose one player in the squad this summer, as it is already too small for european football next season. the idea that some fans think we should sell one of our players of the season, leaving us with just cisse up front (and shola) for an entire season of european football (hopefully) beggars belief.

We CANNOT afford to lose demba ba, we were shit scared he would leave in jan, just because he hasn't scored in a few months doesn't change the fact that he is a player with a lot of ability. personally i would like to see a settled team for a few years. there are some top class (i mean top class) individuals in this side, and not just a few, there are 4-5 players who would not look out of place in some of the best teams in the world on current form, and another 3-5 who are also good enough for champions league football. if we can keep this squad together for a couple more years, without losing any/many and making small additions where necessary then we could be an excellent team, because as good as were playing at the moment, we are more a team with very good individuals than a very good team at the moment. Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Santon and to a lesser extent Krul have only had one season playing together as a team. The only players to have played in our first team for over 3 years are Jonas, Colo and Taylor (who doesn't really count this season), who are our joint longest serving players, having been here for 4 years. When you compare that to teams like arsenal, man u and chelsea that is a very small number.

We need to stop playing football manager and continue to mould our excellent group of individuals into an excellent team that can face teams like chelsea and arsenal and win by playing better football than they do, which i think our team now, with a couple of additions in one or two areas, is capable of.

Really hope he can finish the season off with a goal/winner at Everton. Would help him mentally to finish on a high note although he has plenty to be proud of this season - without his goals, we wouldn't be in this position really.

In any case, this summer will act as a welcome break for him. The Senegalese Olympic Coach can f*** off about selecting him for the squad btw.

Found it:

Samuel Ameobi ‏ @Sammy_Ameobi

Sitting in the box with Kano and Potts, as if one of @dembabafoot 's boys have brought a chicken cottage bucket in. A brothers gotta know there's a time and a place for fried chicken #packlunch

:lol: :lol:

Guest Sophie S

We CANNOT afford to lose demba ba, we were s*** scared he would leave in jan, just because he hasn't scored in a few months doesn't change the fact that he is a player with a lot of ability. personally i would like to see a settled team for a few years. there are some top class (i mean top class) individuals in this side, and not just a few, there are 4-5 players who would not look out of place in some of the best teams in the world on current form, and another 3-5 who are also good enough for champions league football. if we can keep this squad together for a couple more years, without losing any/many and making small additions where necessary then we could be an excellent team, because as good as were playing at the moment, we are more a team with very good individuals than a very good team at the moment. Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Santon and to a lesser extent Krul have only had one season playing together as a team. The only players to have played in our first team for over 3 years are Jonas, Colo and Taylor (who doesn't really count this season), who are our joint longest serving players, having been here for 4 years. When you compare that to teams like arsenal, man u and chelsea that is a very small number.

:thup:

Probably not going to be a popular thing to say on here. But I wont be too fussed if we sell Ba on in the summer. His price is at the largest its going to ever be.. I just feel that even when he was scoring goals, his all round play is not good enough. His passing has been sloppy all season, he constantly trys to turn instead of playing the earlier easy pass, he struggles to physically dominate most centre halfs... If we get an offer of say 12 million pounds .. I wouldnt hesitate to sell him and replace him with a pacier/ wide player.

I can't agree with this in terms of Demba's quality early in the season- he was top class.

However, today was a classic example of where we should have played 4-3-3 but didn't with the most likely reason being that they didn't trust Demba to track Zabaleta. The first goal comes from them outnumbering us in the middle.

If Demba was to go with us signing two pacy 4-3-3 style widemen, it wouldn't be the end of my world and it would lessen the impact of the ACON next year as well.

I agree .. I remember against Man Utd at home where his performance was completely dominant .. but since then hes the one player that frustrates the hell out of me.. as he has an inability to retain posession... without scoring goals he is not an asset to the side at all.

pure short termism. if you could find one newcastle fan in january who would advocate getting rid of ba i will give you a million pounds. he's not scored in a while so some fans are going to start saying he's shite. personally i don't think we should lose one player in the squad this summer, as it is already too small for european football next season. the idea that some fans think we should sell one of our players of the season, leaving us with just cisse up front (and shola) for an entire season of european football (hopefully) beggars belief.

We CANNOT afford to lose demba ba, we were shit scared he would leave in jan, just because he hasn't scored in a few months doesn't change the fact that he is a player with a lot of ability. personally i would like to see a settled team for a few years. there are some top class (i mean top class) individuals in this side, and not just a few, there are 4-5 players who would not look out of place in some of the best teams in the world on current form, and another 3-5 who are also good enough for champions league football. if we can keep this squad together for a couple more years, without losing any/many and making small additions where necessary then we could be an excellent team, because as good as were playing at the moment, we are more a team with very good individuals than a very good team at the moment. Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Santon and to a lesser extent Krul have only had one season playing together as a team. The only players to have played in our first team for over 3 years are Jonas, Colo and Taylor (who doesn't really count this season), who are our joint longest serving players, having been here for 4 years. When you compare that to teams like arsenal, man u and chelsea that is a very small number.

We need to stop playing football manager and continue to mould our excellent group of individuals into an excellent team that can face teams like chelsea and arsenal and win by playing better football than they do, which i think our team now, with a couple of additions in one or two areas, is capable of.

Proper bo post that.

Guest VegasToon

Proper bo post that.

:clap:

Interesting comments from AP about him being more motivated by emotion than money. Those of us going to Everton need to offer our usual encouragement. Would be my favourite player to score and make the dream a reality.

Had a dream last night we beat bolton 3-1, all goals in the first 7 minutes. Pato for bolton. Demba just couldnt score. Missed some absolute sitters

Which tesco in Durham supposedly has the syrup? My mate went to the big one in the city centre and asked if they had it, n the guy looked at him as if he were crazy

Which tesco in Durham supposedly has the syrup? My mate went to the big one in the city centre and asked if they had it, n the guy looked at him as if he were crazy

It'll either be the one on North Road or the Tesco Extra out Gilesgate direction then.  Most likely the huge one in Gilesgate.

Had a dream last night we beat bolton 3-1, all goals in the first 7 minutes. Pato for bolton. Demba just couldnt score. Missed some absolute sitters

The nonchalance in how this was said.