Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I can't understand why we don't just play the ball to his feet. He's a fucking brilliant footballer, and not as good in the air. One of his poorest games today if not his poorest so far, but it's to be expected if we play like that as a team.

Embarrassing the service we gave him today. Cisse ran around on pure enthusiasm and was therefore a bit more involved. Ba barely had a sniff, he was reduced to having to try and trap balls launched up to him at head height (facing his own goal), spinning the defender and trying to get a shot off. Needless to say, he didn't have much success.

Agree that the service to him wasn't the best but thought that was his worst game for us today,  his touch and passing which is normally decent was poor,  hopefully he's back on top form next sunday.

It was pretty poor against Villa too, just that he scored so nobody cared. Hopefully he just needs to get back up to speed. Next week would be nice. :aww:

it's been pretty poor all season, what we've been great at is converting our meagre chances.

Nail on the head. The good results have morphed that into tactical mastery rather than a failure to control possession though.

game for game though i don't think we have many points we didn't deserve.

The problem is we are looking like we deserve less points the further we go into the season.

I can't understand why we don't just play the ball to his feet. He's a f***ing brilliant footballer, and not as good in the air. One of his poorest games today if not his poorest so far, but it's to be expected if we play like that as a team.

PERCENTAGE BALLS INTO THE BOX.

Embarrassing the service we gave him today. Cisse ran around on pure enthusiasm and was therefore a bit more involved. Ba barely had a sniff, he was reduced to having to try and trap balls launched up to him at head height (facing his own goal), spinning the defender and trying to get a shot off. Needless to say, he didn't have much success.

Agree that the service to him wasn't the best but thought that was his worst game for us today,  his touch and passing which is normally decent was poor,  hopefully he's back on top form next sunday.

It was pretty poor against Villa too, just that he scored so nobody cared. Hopefully he just needs to get back up to speed. Next week would be nice. :aww:

it's been pretty poor all season, what we've been great at is converting our meagre chances.

I was referring to Ba's game tbf.

Demba Ba ‏ @dembabafoot

@Jack96Gilbo achilles mate. My achilles. By the way i still feel it

So the knee is fine for now, was bricking it when he went down. Hopefully his achilles does not flare up

Was surprised that Cisse went off instead of him for HBA.

Guest johnson293

Demba Ba ‏ @dembabafoot

@Jack96Gilbo achilles mate. My achilles. By the way i still feel it

So the knee is fine for now, was bricking it when he went down. Hopefully his achilles does not flare up

Was surprised that Cisse went off instead of him for HBA.

That was just part of the scam to get him withdrawn from the senegal squad this week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9119546/Newcastle-United-v-Sunderland-Demba-Bas-future-in-balance-with-ongoing-speculation-about-release-clause.html

Headline: 'Newcastle United v Sunderland: Demba Ba's future in balance with ongoing speculation about release clause'

First line: 'Ba is annoyed by the constant speculation about his future and claimed he is thinking about nothing more than making sure Newcastle finish a surprisingly successful campaign strongly'

Guest Haris Vuckic

''Nobody at Newcastle United, including manager Alan Pardew, has confirmed or denied its existence''

Shut the fuck up then.

Luke Edwards is a complete tit, for the record.

George Caulkin ‏ @CaulkinTheTimes

Enjoyed chatting to Ba, too. Humble, funny & unaffected by speculation. "Let me just check again - yes, I'm an #NUFC player."

Very, very worrying if he's having to check every 5 seconds.

George Caulkin ‏ @CaulkinTheTimes

Enjoyed chatting to Ba, too. Humble, funny & unaffected by speculation. "Let me just check again - yes, I'm an #NUFC player."

Very, very worrying if he's having to check every 5 seconds.

:lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9119546/Newcastle-United-v-Sunderland-Demba-Bas-future-in-balance-with-ongoing-speculation-about-release-clause.html

Headline: 'Newcastle United v Sunderland: Demba Ba's future in balance with ongoing speculation about release clause'

First line: 'Ba is annoyed by the constant speculation about his future and claimed he is thinking about nothing more than making sure Newcastle finish a surprisingly successful campaign strongly'

“Last weekend against Wolves, Ronald Zumba just looked at me in the middle of the match and said ‘what a stadium to play in’. It made me happy to be here."

Loved that bit, cheers Ronald (Zubar). :aww:

''Nobody at Newcastle United, including manager Alan Pardew, has confirmed or denied its existence''

Shut the fuck up then.

Luke Edwards is a complete tit, for the record.

Ah, that will be because it would be a breach of contract for the club to disclose the contents of a private contract.