Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Ba was quality, 29 goals in 54 games for us :thup:

rafa would have loved prime ba imo

He would have been the ideal CF for Rafa given he was very mobile as well as decent in the air. He'd have been feasting on those long balls from Shelvey.

He was no Remy imo.

he was insane in that 5th season, just battering cunts all over getting on the end of scraps while the other 9 players stood in rows of 4 and watched him :lol:

Yohan Cabaye orchestrated everything in that season. It was hard even with a wanker like pardew in charge for that group of players to get anything wrong.  They all just gelled and made it work.

Was that also Coloccini's best season for us?

Guest firetotheworks

He was no Remy imo.

he was insane in that 5th season, just battering cunts all over getting on the end of scraps while the other 9 players stood in rows of 4 and watched him :lol:

Yohan Cabaye orchestrated everything in that season. It was hard even with a wanker like pardew in charge for that group of players to get anything wrong.  They all just gelled and made it work.

Was that also Coloccini's best season for us?

I would agree with that, yeah. I think it was probably most player's best season for us, only Obertan had a rubbish season and Danny Simpson wasn't great. Everyone else chipped in right down to the likes of Best, Perch, R Taylor, Guthrie etc. Coloccini, Jonas, Tiote had good seasons, but Cabaye, HBA, Ba, and Cisse in particular were outrageously good at the back end of that season and imo peaked during the away win at West Brom when Ben Arfa put in one of the best Newcastle performances I've seen in years. 

Guest firetotheworks

He was no Remy imo.

He was absolutely class. He just wasn't my type of player for whatever reason, wheras I loved Remy despite him being a proper mercenary.

We lost at home to west brom 3-2, he got both one a free kick, and the other was absolutley mint, maybe his best goal for us.

Man Utd at home and Reading away were both quality.

Reading away was class, Man Utd home was good but not as good as the Reading one imo.

He was no Remy imo.

He was absolutely class. He just wasn't my type of player for whatever reason, wheras I loved Remy despite him being a proper mercenary.

Same. I saw him as an ‘Henry lite’. He was amazing that first half of the season.

Ba and Remy make me sad, if they were happy playing for a midtable club for a bit less money they would be legends somewhere.

Players in wanting to better themselves shocker.

To me being a bench player, which is what they were always going to be at Chelsea, isn’t bettering yourself. Neither is going to play in China. But it depends on what you want from your career, I think the priority for both players was simply earn as much as possible, which is understandable, but still somewhat disappointing from a sporting point of view.

Everyone remember when Cisse played left wing and Shola started up front vs. Everton? The King's Masterstroke.

Claimed they'd trained with Ba upfront and Cisse out wide so Cisse couldn't move back in the middle :lol:

And yet changed formation after 20 minutes, he was so full of shit  :lol:

Ba and Remy make me sad, if they were happy playing for a midtable club for a bit less money they would be legends somewhere.

Players in wanting to better themselves shocker.

To me being a bench player, which is what they were always going to be at Chelsea, isn’t bettering yourself. Neither is going to play in China. But it depends on what you want from your career, I think the priority for both players was simply earn as much as possible, which is understandable, but still somewhat disappointing from a sporting point of view.

They might not have always been bench players, they might have had the belief and ambition to play regularly for a big team.

Injuries to other players, good form or a bit of luck and they could be playing regularly for them. To use a crap example if i was playing for Southampton and Barcelona wanted me I think I'd regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't sign for them