Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I don't think his injury record here was that bad, for a player who came to us with an injury prone tag stuck on him. Maybe that would have been different if he had played semi-regularly.

He missed most of his first season with us due to injury. :lol:

He's got a great range of passing and a good eye for reading the game but I always thought he was too lightweight for English football. Still would have been playing him every game last season as his strengths were exactly what we needed, same as HBA.

He wasn't too lightweight to play as an attacking midfielder when we already had two defensive midfielders on the pitch. But since Pardew wants everyone bar the striker in our own half defending, then there were probably better options to do the job he wanted.

I don't think his injury record here was that bad, for a player who came to us with an injury prone tag stuck on him. Maybe that would have been different if he had played semi-regularly.

He missed most of his first season with us due to injury. :lol:

Other than that little hiccup. :lol:

• 1 month later...

An assist for the first goal, nice dribble and pass to the player who won the penalty, and another highlight there where he went past someone and brought a good save from the keeper. All this whilst playing as a number 10 and not being instructed to hang a set piece 30 foot in the air with no pace on it to the back post. Who'd have thought that would work.

It's, largely correctly, all about MYM and HBA but this guy was very good as well. Could have had a good squad option on our hands at relatively low cost. Another stupid decision.

I actually think he's better than a squad option but I know many disagree - irrelevant anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Were Marv, Anita, Sissoko and Ben Arfa ever on the pitch at the same time? Seems like such a good midfield to play

Not sure about Anita but Sissoko, Ben Arfa and Marveaux were all on the pitch for the last 20 minutes against Benfica when we actually looked like a threat.

Were Marv, Anita, Sissoko and Ben Arfa ever on the pitch at the same time? Seems like such a good midfield to play

Not sure about Anita but Sissoko, Ben Arfa and Marveaux were all on the pitch for the last 20 minutes against Benfica when we actually looked like a threat.

2nd leg, when HBA nearly cleared the stand from so damn close to the Benfica goal? :(