Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Imagine if he was given a chance to thread some of those quality passes to Cisse, rather than the sloth that is Shola.

I remember one lovely through ball to Shola that ended up looking awful due to Sholas incredibly late reaction time and complete lack of pace.

Agree with this. Marv likes a forward incisive pass, Shola's not that guy.

Drop Tiote and play Marv ahead of Cabaye and Anita when all are fit, on paper there's enough steel and creativity in there to get a foothold in any game.

Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux midfield if we press properly would be class i'm not convinced Pardew has the nous or the balls to do it quite frankly.

Wet bog roll.

Like how the best team in the league has Cleverly-Carrick-Rooney in the same fashion? physicality is overrated and quite frankly all it does atm is restrict us.

Funny how very little top teams has players like Cheik yet we need him otherwise we will be overrun  :rolleyes:

They offer owt protection and are one of the reasons they have been conceding so many goals.

Fortunately for them, they have the 2 best strikers in the league performing well and another natural goal scorer. They'll get found out by better sides in the CL.

1. We are not a top team.

2. Garcia & Mikel. Even lower Sandro, Parker, Phil f***ing Neville.

Madrid use Alonso as a passer and a battler, Khedira is there for physicality. They used Lass last season too. Javi Martinez provides defensive cover as well as passing. Infact you can't bully any of Dias, Schweinsteiger or Martinez.

Cabaye and Anita don't provide defensive cover? i'd look at Swansea as one of the blueprints to follow tbh.

There's no reason it wouldn't work, at the moment all Tiote is doing giving the ball away he's doing absolutely nothing to stop attacks.

Of course i doubt Pards would have the know how or balls to do it but we would keep the ball a lot better and put teams under a lot more pressure by taking the shackles off.

Imagine if he was given a chance to thread some of those quality passes to Cisse, rather than the sloth that is Shola.

I remember one lovely through ball to Shola that ended up looking awful due to Sholas incredibly late reaction time and complete lack of pace.

Agree with this. Marv likes a forward incisive pass, Shola's not that guy.

I counted at least three times yesterday where Shola was literally immobile as a good ball came into the box in his vicinity. Not even lifting a leg to try and control it, just standing there helplessly as the defender nicks it from him. Disgraceful.

Drop Tiote and play Marv ahead of Cabaye and Anita when all are fit, on paper there's enough steel and creativity in there to get a foothold in any game.

Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux midfield if we press properly would be class i'm not convinced Pardew has the nous or the balls to do it quite frankly.

Wet bog roll.

Like how the best team in the league has Cleverly-Carrick-Rooney in the same fashion? physicality is overrated and quite frankly all it does atm is restrict us.

Funny how very little top teams has players like Cheik yet we need him otherwise we will be overrun  :rolleyes:

They offer owt protection and are one of the reasons they have been conceding so many goals.

Fortunately for them, they have the 2 best strikers in the league performing well and another natural goal scorer. They'll get found out by better sides in the CL.

1. We are not a top team.

2. Garcia & Mikel. Even lower Sandro, Parker, Phil f***ing Neville.

Madrid use Alonso as a passer and a battler, Khedira is there for physicality. They used Lass last season too. Javi Martinez provides defensive cover as well as passing. Infact you can't bully any of Dias, Schweinsteiger or Martinez.

Cabaye and Anita don't provide defensive cover? i'd look at Swansea as one of the blueprints to follow tbh.

There's no reason it wouldn't work, at the moment all Tiote is doing giving the ball away he's doing absolutely nothing to stop attacks.

Of course i doubt Pards would have the know how or balls to do it but we would keep the ball a lot better and put teams under a lot more pressure by taking the shackles off.

Cabaye & anita can get stuck in but they're not the strongest. Constantly getting stuck-in makes Cabaye particularly petulant. Not to mention they're both weak in the air where Tiote yesterday was pretty good.

Michu's bigger and stronger than Anita, Cabs & Marv combined ffs. Yesterday, Tiote was the only one who could disrupt Fellaini.

Our manager is Alan Pardew. Any Pardew side needs a Tiote and that parts not necessarily a bad thing. Any Moyes side needs a Tiote too.

We wasn't over run yesterday. First half we played okay if a bit too defensive. Started the second brightly then...........

Everton could have had 3 or 4 in the first half if it wasn't for Krul, such was the ease with which the waltzed through our so-called defense at times.

We are getting overrun anyway, which is the point.....

We are. I'm not sure how going all gung ho with 8 attacking minded outfield players will help resolve that situation?

For one we can keep the ball better and put teams under pressure and instead of them having no fear and easily combine for counter attacks they will drop backwards because they will have the likes of Anita, Santon, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Marveaux and maybe Remy running at them....

It will help defensively too for that reason as our defense wont be under anywhere near as much pressure.

I never saw us under this much pressure under Keegan or Sir Bobby, honestly the best form of defense is having a good offense.

We are. I'm not sure how going all gung ho with 8 attacking minded outfield players will help resolve that situation?

For one we can keep the ball better and put teams under pressure and instead of them having no fear and easily combine for counter attacks they will drop backwards because they will have the likes of Anita, Santon, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Marveaux and maybe Remy running at them....

It will help defensively too for that reason as our defense wont be under anywhere near as much pressure.

I never saw us under this much pressure under Keegan or Sir Bobby, honestly the best form of defense is having a good offense.

I don't disagree with that in principle, but there's a balance to be had surely?

I don't disagree with that in principle, but there's a balance to be had surely?

Well yeah i'd expect that Anita would be more of a DM like he was at Ajax, Cabaye would be more of a CM and there would need to be an understanding from the fullbacks when to go forward and when to attack.

We would also have to press effectively as a team, but any decent manager who has any idea about attacking football could make it work.

Unfortunately Pardew probably doesn't have the nous or the balls to make it work

Cabaye      Anita

HBA        Marveaux      New signing

Cisse

Is what I want.

Based on the last weeks performances, Obertan in where you've got "New Signing". Obviously, if we could get someone like Remy in, Obertan is the first to go, but he's a good option until we get someone else.

Carries the ball forward so well, can't wait to see him exchanging balls with Ben Arfa

I genuinely want him Cabaye and Anita in a midfield 3 for rest of season, but think Pardew wants a destroyer at all times

Agreed.

Him and Hatem in the same team will be ridiculous.

:fwap:

Interview with him in RMC saying he was down a few weeks ago and considered leaving but convinced Pardew to give him a run in the team and he's loving it now, says the target for him isn't to stay up but to climb the league to a good position as quickly as possible.