Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

He was poor, but so were the conditions in general for the defence. Stupid high line and no protection whatsoever from Jonas or the two in the middle. Haris gets a pass because that wasn't really his job.

Agree with Ronaldo.

Our back line was more of a scattered zig zag, than a flat compact unit.  They were just playing average through balls that totally carved us open.  There was acres of room any time WBa wanted to make a forward pass.  No coincidence that we look all over the shop and concede a lot more goals when Perch plays.

Perch was getting applauded quite a bit in the first half for his last ditch tackles, if he wasn't so far out of position in the first place, he wouldn't need to make a last gasp sliding tackle FFS  :dave:

He was poor, but so were the conditions in general for the defence. Stupid high line and no protection whatsoever from Jonas or the two in the middle. Haris gets a pass because that wasn't really his job.

Think this sums it up.

Has no-one considered he may still be carrying the thigh and back injuries?

Definitely a possibility, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been asked to play because there are no other options. Still, I think the general shitness of the defensive unit was the problem last night... and not many people can live with their strikers for pace.

Has no-one considered he may still be carrying the thigh and back injuries?

Definitely a possibility, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been asked to play because there are no other options. Still, I think the general shitness of the defensive unit was the problem last night... and not many people can live with their strikers for pace.

It may have affected his confidence. In the second goal, he positioned himself in a complete no man’s land for the set piece, as though he didn’t want to get involved at all. Maybe he was wanting to protect an injury, and in any event we never demand much of Colo on defensive set-pieces, because it’s not his strong point. But it looked like complete avoidance, which you don’t want to see from your captain.

on the verge of a suspension now as he's got 4 yellows,  needs to get through next 2 games and then the threat is over as it goes to 10 yellows.  if he gets a booking at Bolton i dread to think what Suarez will do to our defence without him and same if he survives Bolton but gets one against Liverpool as we then have Man U!

on the verge of a suspension now as he's got 4 yellows,  needs to get through next 2 games and then the threat is over as it goes to 10 yellows.  if he gets a booking at Bolton i dread to think what Suarez will do to our defence without him and same if he survives Bolton but gets one against Liverpool as we then have Man U!

Was a reckless tackle as well, could tell he was fucked off about getting the runaround and zero support from the midfield and Perch.  Not saying he didn't play badly BTW.

Would be just our luck to lose him for the dippers or Man U.