Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

It'll be interesting to see who we sign this summer actually, if we buy 2 left backs and 2 central midfielders because they were good value I'll be spitting blood.  The needs of the team need to come first possibly at the expense of a few extra million quid, and the needs of the team are to make us less toothless going forward.

I don't think we need another centre half if Coloccini stays, at all.  We need 2 or 3 players that can play up front or wide though and that's about it.

While i agree if we were to sell Williamson and get someone solid and reliable as 4th choice i wouldn't complain.

I don't think we need another centre half if Coloccini stays, at all.  We need 2 or 3 players that can play up front or wide though and that's about it.

Need a better defensive and creative midfielder IMO, but we don't play that way so we'll probably not bother.

Not too arsed if we don't buy a defender. An upgrade on Willo wouldn't be bad but few are likely to move to be 4th choice.

If Colo stays I wouldn't mind seeing another CB in the 20-23 age range come in.  I'm not sure how much progress Good and Streete have made but probably not enough to be considered 4th string. Obviously there are other positions we need to concentrate on more, but it would be nice to have someone developing. With Saylor's injury history I have no doubt that the 4th centerback will end up playing more than a few games at some point.

Pearce is just 24 right?

Correct. Is he any good though? Don't like to buy players from the relegated clubs, especially a defender from the side that gave up the most goals in the league. If he's free he can't hurt I suppose.

Guest bimpy474

Pearce didn't play in the second half or so of their season because he wouldn't sign a new contract, iirc.

We bought Haidara from the bottom team in Ligue 1 who have since been relegated.

Not really about the quality of team but the quality of player, some times you can find quality in relegated teams.

If things had gone a bit more against us, we could have been relegated this season. And there is two or three players from our team, that I would welcome into our team with open arms.

We bought Haidara from the bottom team in Ligue 1 who have since been relegated.

Not really about the quality of team but the quality of player, some times you can find quality in relegated teams.

If things had gone a bit more against us, we could have been relegated this season. And there is two or three players from our team, that I would welcome into our team with open arms.

:lol:

Guest Phil K

Has San Lorenzo ever bid for Coloccini? My understanding is that they have wanted him for free, I don't count that is bidding.

Thats the impression I get. No money offered, just unsettling him, hoping we'll let him go for nowt. Ashley is many things. A mug he isn't.