Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Louise Taylor in the guardian yet again banging the drum for her theory Colo is a deep lying midfielder and should be played there. He's got absolutely no pace, closer he is to goal the better

We tried him there once before, West Ham away I think, and it was an absolute disaster think we lost 4-0 or something daft like that. No point trying to find a new position for him that doesn't expose him chronic lack of pace and instead look at taking the captaincy off him short term and bringing in a replacement in January (just offer Schalke whatever they want for Matip). I also think a commanding centre half will improve Mbemba no end so it's a double bonus.

Sadly the modern day NUFC isn't forward enough thinking to do any of that.

Louise Taylor in the guardian yet again banging the drum for her theory Colo is a deep lying midfielder and should be played there. He's got absolutely no pace, closer he is to goal the better

We tried him there once before, West Ham away I think, and it was an absolute disaster think we lost 4-0 or something daft like that. No point trying to find a new position for him that doesn't expose him chronic lack of pace and instead look at taking the captaincy off him short term and bringing in a replacement in January (just offer Schalke whatever they want for Matip). I also think a commanding centre half will improve Mbemba no end so it's a double bonus.

Sadly the modern day NUFC isn't forward enough thinking to do any of that.

Lost 1-0 away to Villa

It was away to Wigan. We got beat 1-0. Get football right folks.

It happened at Villa too! 4pm Sunday match!

Yep.  I was there.  I think we started Ranger up top  :hmm:  Barton missed an absolute sitter.  Which he got a lot of stick for.  As he had been saying in the press how bad the current English midfielders were and thsat he should be playing for England  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Was it not Man City away? The game that Given dodged before he left.

He's played there on more than 1 occasion.  This game, West Ham away and another game IIRC.

I don't get the colo hate, he was one of the few with any confidence  last week against Leicester, our entire left side was paralysed with dummet and thauvin in the  first half and then both flanks were paralysed second half when thauvin switched. Colo is about the only one in the side who isn't terrified of the ball from what I can see. The ball just keeps coming back at him because we can't play the game in the other teams half.

One of the reasons we can't 'play the game in the other team's half' is the fact there are obese women with arthritis out there who move faster than him.

Name them.

Wish Bimpy was still here.  Put this one on a plate for him.