Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

If true, this is not good news.  That said, he really has not performed this season, to the levels he did last anyway.

He has been loyal to us and could have fucked off when we went down.  If its a personal thing, its hard to be harsh on him.  That said, the timing is cronic.

Going back home is hardly a kick in the nuts either, not like he is going to the bid dippers for money, that I would hate and could not handle.

Best outcome if true, is that he agress to give his all for the remainder of the season and we let him go June 1st and have time to replace him.

Guest firetotheworks

Once bitten, twice shy like. Given, Caroll, Coloccini - they can't all be terrible people. The common factor in this? Mike Ashley.

Guest Roger Kint

He has been loyal to us and could have fucked off when we went down.

He couldnt though as nobody would touch him then.

Guest Roger Kint

Once bitten, twice shy like. Given, Caroll, Coloccini - they can't all be terrible people. The common factor in this? Mike Ashley.

They are all footballers mate, get some perspective.

Not even sure how he can seriously put Carroll in there, it was £35m ffs :lol:

Perhaps there are personal reasons for the move.

It does appear very unprofessional to want to move while the club are in a relegation battle and he's the captain, but he's always struck me as a straight up man. Wonder what's happened to change his mind, if the article is true.

Guest neesy111

Yes it's bad Colo wants to leave but again this really exposes how we are toeing the line with squad policy i.e.  if 1 player gets injured / wants to leave then we are in crisis mode in a position.

All three of their departures aren't linked at all.

the damage has been done imo. Only good thing to come from this is colo dismisses everything (doubt that).

the best thing is to sell him for a fair fee asap and face reality and go out and buy 2 top quality CBs....wage policy aside....this is an emergency, BIG TIME.

How can he stay and lead us clear of relegation if his mind and heart is elsewhere. Wrong signal to send when we need dedicated players to save us from relegation.

If he knows he can leave in the summer no matter relegation and he is having a hard time with the manager etc. then he should leave asap.

The rumours doing the rounds would suggest its his own doing and has nothing to do with the club or football so if true he should be told he's staying until the summer and only sold for a fair price. He's been a loyal servant but if rumours are true he doesn't deserve any blessing to leave. Certainly not for free.

Guest neesy111

The rumours doing the rounds would suggest its his own doing and has nothing to do with the club or football so if true he should be told he's staying until the summer and only sold for a fair price. He's been a loyal servant but if rumours are true he doesn't deserve any blessing to leave. Certainly not for free.

:thup:

Totally agree with this.

Good news for Ashley. Tidy little chunk off the wage bill. :fwap:

Not if reports that suggest they want us to subsidise the move for "family reasons" are true.

I wonder what my gaffer would say if i told him that I wanted to move back up to Northumberland and that I was offered a start pushing trolleys in Asda so can he subsidise it?

Thanks for the memories but if wants out: Fuckim

Guest Roger Kint

How can he stay and lead us clear of relegation if his mind and heart is elsewhere. Wrong signal to send when we need dedicated players to save us from relegation.

To be fair i never got this logic. He can still do a job for 90 minutes a week, every one in the country has been through a rough patch and put their heads down at some point, if anything football should be a brief respite from his troubles.

Guest Roger Kint

:thup:

Totally agree with this.

Guest firetotheworks

I love how everyone is using hindsight to win the point. Not one person was happy with £35m when Carroll left. All we heard about was how he was reluctantly leaving.

Given was criticised by a lot of people for leaving in January, as would Colo.

They are all linked, because a lot of blame was put on the players and although there was blame for Ashley, all of us felt let down by a player that was, until that point and arguably still is, a legend at the club, or someone we thought was a fan, just like us.

There comes a point when you have to seriously question the environment the players are in and not primarily the players themselves.

a very well paid one