Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

It seems like I've settled for the following:

-Coloccini could be pondering a move to Argentina.

-He has come up to the club to discuss it.

-He has not made any formal request.

It's like a transfer deal. The party has shown a "slight interest", and thus submits an enquiry. Not a transfer offer straight off.

I meant more the he's going, he's staying back and forth. It's unbearable.

Aye, I'm just gutted that he's going but it doesn't matter that much seeing as he's staying so i'm not too fussed about him leaving.

Been on the cards since him and Pardew fell out, apparently as he slated the long-ball tactics wasn't it? Could really do with signing his replacement now and keeping Colo until the Summer to make the transition a lot smoother. Wonder who would be captain? Taylor? Cabaye?

Lets be honest, nowt to do with Pardew this man

Fact?

I hope you're right but nobody knows.

Cousin works at the ground text me this morning to say apparently his family fucked off back home weeks ago and wont come back hence him wanting to leave. Not fact at all but its been mentioned on here a few times too to sound the most obvious reason.

The same family who were with him last night in Hanna Hanna??

Try reading past that post

Sorry, i'm at work and have to duck in and out of the forum quickly while i'm waiting for reports to run etc.

Guest Roger Kint

My heart is so fickle like. It's Andy Carroll all over again. :lol:

Except we wont make a penny this time :(

What difference does that make to anything?

Assuming you are serious and not being intentionally stupid. It makes a huge difference given the likelihood of our owner spending money to replace him, it was hard enough when we did get money for Carroll let alone if/when Colo fetches us nowt.

Ryder seems certain

Fabricio Coloccini wants to quit NUFC immediately

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleJan 11 2013Comments (17)

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/11/fabricio-coloccini-wants-to-quit-nufc-immediately-72703-32587976/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2HfFPbqge

Jesus ...

OKay, well if this is happening that club  of his in Argentina need to pay up.

Absolute pisstake if between the both of them, they think he can just go back for next to nothing. Stop pining for Colo if you don't have the funds to buy him.

Outrageous stuff.

Guest Roger Kint

Been on the cards since him and Pardew fell out, apparently as he slated the long-ball tactics wasn't it? Could really do with signing his replacement now and keeping Colo until the Summer to make the transition a lot smoother. Wonder who would be captain? Taylor? Cabaye?

Lets be honest, nowt to do with Pardew this man

Fact?

I hope you're right but nobody knows.

Cousin works at the ground text me this morning to say apparently his family fucked off back home weeks ago and wont come back hence him wanting to leave. Not fact at all but its been mentioned on here a few times too to sound the most obvious reason.

The same family who were with him last night in Hanna Hanna??

Try reading past that post

Sorry, i'm at work and have to duck in and out of the forum quickly while i'm waiting for reports to run etc.

Ah ok, didnt read your PIP post til after i posted it. Seemingly Ryder has picked up on the absent family stuff too though so its clearly wrong :lol:

If this isn't true I'm going to hunt down whoever wrote that Independent article.

I used to know the lad quite well as it happens, used to go to the match with him home and away. He used to sell The Mag outside the ground and around the pubs and also write for The Mag along with George Caulkin. Went to both of our FA Cup Semi Finals at OT in 98 and 99 with him and he's a good lad, not a bullshitter, so i think there is something to the story.

Not seen him for years mind as he obviously had to stop going the match once he was an established full time football journalist and cover all North east Football instead.

Assuming you are serious and not being intentionally stupid. It makes a huge difference given the likelihood of our owner spending money to replace him, it was hard enough when we did get money for Carroll let alone if/when Colo fetches us nowt.

History of this ownership suggests to me that the transfer fees received make very little difference to our outlay on players.

Colo surely understands that he'd be taking a massive paycut to return home so he must be prepared to give up his lucrative newcastle contract.

But would the club just let one of our most important players leave for nowt when we're in a relegation scrap? It would leave us needing to make two big centre-half signings this window - so any deal letting him leave doesn't make any sense for us.

I think we'd also need one of those signings to be comfortable with the premiership already - we don't have time to offer someone a bedding in period. Ashley Williams would be my choice.

Guest Roger Kint

History of this ownership suggests to me that the transfer fees received make very little difference to our outlay on players.

:lol: I would hate to think what he would have spent without that £35m so clearly i dont share your confidence in Mike Ashley.

I still don't think the two stories are at odds with one another. Some rumours suggested he'd put in a transfer request and seemingly that's been denied. Doesn't make the line referred to in the title incorrect just yet.

I'd like to hear the player clarify all this tbh. He's the club captain, it wouldn't exactly be out of the question.

If it's true about his family sounds like he's been put between a rock and a hard place. Even if he goes this window should still be seen as a legend for his performances since our Championship season. In these kinds of situations you have to put family first. As much as I love football and love Newcastle, you can't criticise a player for something like this.

you think he signed a 4 year deal behind her back?

in this situation you can criticise the player.

Guest hydeous

Don't see us letting him go for nothing or even anything under what we value him at. On the other hand, if he's unhappy and underperforms, that leaves us no better off. Either way, we need a new CB as soon as fucking possible.