Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Roger Kint

Been on the cards since him and Pardew fell out, apparently as he slated the long-ball tactics wasn't it? Could really do with signing his replacement now and keeping Colo until the Summer to make the transition a lot smoother. Wonder who would be captain? Taylor? Cabaye?

Lets be honest, nowt to do with Pardew this man

Fact?

I hope you're right but nobody knows.

Cousin works at the ground text me this morning to say apparently his family f***ed off back home weeks ago and wont come back hence him wanting to leave. Not fact at all but its been mentioned on here a few times too to sound the most obvious reason.

Any idea why they left?

She doesnt know, just what the staff rumour mill have been saying for a while.

cabaye and taylor is the only candidates imo.

Aye, the only ones in our strongest XI who are close enough really. Cabaye though has the tendency to disappear when needed most, so I'd rather Taylor gets it. Albeit in a Ledley King-esque capacity. :anguish:

If it's true about his family sounds like he's been put between a rock and a hard place. Even if he goes this window should still be seen as a legend for his performances since our Championship season. In these kinds of situations you have to put family first. As much as I love football and love Newcastle, you can't criticise a player for something like this.

Guest palnese

Sooo. Colo's wife and kids have fucked off home to Argentina and are not coming back, yet they were out eating in Newcastle last night?

Seems legit.

Aye, the only ones in our strongest XI who are close enough really. Cabaye though has the tendency to disappear when needed most, so I'd rather Taylor gets it. Albeit in a Ledley King-esque capacity. :anguish:

Taylor who usually misses half a season and who we should be looking to upgrade on?

Cabs for me like.

Taylor who usually misses half a season and who we should be looking to upgrade on?

Cabs for me like.

It would go straight to Taylor's head as well.

These wives for goodness sake ... want to have their cake  and eat it. They enjoy the comforts that him being a footballer brings, but then start crying off home. It's part of the package. I mean damn! Sign up for English classes at a local college, and get out there and meet some folk. Learn about a different culture. Enjoy it! So frustrating.

Guest Roger Kint

Sooo. Colo's wife and kids have fucked off home to Argentina and are not coming back, yet they were out eating in Newcastle last night?

Seems legit.

Just seen that in the other thread :lol:

Seems like nobody has a clue really.

Sooo. Colo's wife and kids have f***ed off home to Argentina and are not coming back, yet they were out eating in Newcastle last night?

Seems legit.

Obviously just hired lookalikes to throw us off the scent

Stephanie Finnon ‏@stephfinnon

BBC Newcastle understands reports #nufc skipper Fabricio Coloccini has put in in a transfer request are UNTRUE and he will play at Norwich.

no doubt "BBC Newcastle understands" is Mick Lowes doing some digging, and tbh I believe him/them.

That will be true, a transfer request would cost him money, agitating a move wont.

Sooo. Colo's wife and kids have f***ed off home to Argentina and are not coming back, yet they were out eating in Newcastle last night?

Seems legit.

The last supper. Definitely leaving.

Cabs for me like.

It would go straight to Taylor's head as well.

I think in a weird way Ben Arfa might even be a good choice in a Beckham-esque way - he's got a level of maturity about him now and some of his performances early in the season were like captain-like imo.