Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

It's clear looking at his teams he doesn't even watch the games.  He clearly saw a few highlights and saw the clearance and it's a player he knows and we kept a clean sheet.  There's no more logic in it than that.  We win 3-0 and no mention of a single attacking player, because a few of the other players he recognises also had reasonable games this weekend.  Another case of a really lazy Football journalist thieving a living.

Just remember UK residents, you pay his substantial wages.

It's clear looking at his teams he doesn't even watch the games.  He clearly saw a few highlights and saw the clearance and it's a player he knows and we kept a clean sheet.  There's no more logic in it than that.  We win 3-0 and no mention of a single attacking player, because a few of the other players he recognises also had reasonable games this weekend.  Another case of a really lazy Football journalist thieving a living.

Just remember UK residents, you pay his substantial wages.

Worth every penny. If anything he's not on TV enough these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished at the top level almost. No excuses for him.

Well there is one excuse. Playing next to Williamson would make almost anybody look bad

It would, but like Ronaldo says, Colo hasn't been good for about two years now, and it's got nowt to do with Williamson. We need to get rid of Colo, Willo and Taylor and get three new CBs in this summer, as well as bring Lascelles back as cover.

Well there is one excuse. Playing next to Williamson would make almost anybody look bad

It would, but like Ronaldo says, Colo hasn't been good for about two years now, and it's got nowt to do with Williamson. We need to get rid of Colo, Willo and Taylor and get three new CBs in this summer, as well as bring Lascelles back as cover.

Might as well have Lascelles here given he never starts a game for Forest.

He's 33 and was never the quickest or most physically centre-back. What do you expect? Not his fault he's in a position where he's the only barely competent centre-half on our books.

I think there's more to it than his physical degradation. My feels are that he doesn't really give a fuck anymore.

He's 33 and was never the quickest or most physically centre-back. What do you expect? Not his fault he's in a position where he's the only barely competent centre-half on our books.

It is his fault he's still useless dealing with physical strikers after 7 years in this country. It's also his fault he doesn't do his job as a captain.

When was the last time he was paired with an actual decent partner who can complement his weaknesses, though? Other teams extend the usefulness of their CBs and strikers by having a much quicker player next to them. Our policy has been to pair him with absolute shite, and sell the best young defender we've had at the club in ages to Roma.

Correct!

I imagine Ronaldo and College Dropout's universe going completely red with the siren-theme from Kill Bill filling the air every time Colo and Cisse are mentioned, respectively. :lol:

I was kinda the same way about Gosling, so I do understand.

I imagine Ronaldo and College Dropout's universe going completely red with the siren-theme from Kill Bill filling the air every time Colo and Cisse are mentioned, respectively. :lol:

Gosling wasn't the club captain costing us stupid goals for 3 consecutive seasons, though. I only get vaguely wound up when his abhorrent fan club on here defend the indefensible instead of just putting their hands up and admitting their hero is actually quite shit. 

Gosling wasn't the club captain costing us stupid goals for 3 consecutive seasons, though. I only get vaguely wound up when his abhorrent fan club on here defend the indefensible instead of just putting their hands up and admitting their hero is actually quite shit. 

I'm not defending my irrational hatred of Gosling in any way. Although he was simply the embodiment of Pardewism, as was Shola / Gouff on the wing, etc.

We need two new CBs, and give Abied a run in the team, asap.

He isn't what he was but you go way over the top when slating him. He's still the best centre half at the club.

Probably because we've got the same 3 CBs we had in the Championship 5 years ago. :lol:

:lol: Aye, I was just talking about that last night in the club with Dr Spaceman. Fair point but Colo really isn't as bad as you make out - he needs replaced but it is very unlikely to happen for a few transfer windows yet.

Gosling wasn't the club captain costing us stupid goals for 3 consecutive seasons, though. I only get vaguely wound up when his abhorrent fan club on here defend the indefensible instead of just putting their hands up and admitting their hero is actually quite s***. 

I'm not defending my irrational hatred of Gosling in any way. Although he was simply the embodiment of Pardewism, as was Shola / Gouff on the wing, etc.

We need two new CBs, and give Abied a run in the team, asap.

Totally agree about giving Abeid a run in the team. He was our best player before getting his injury. He's physical and can actually pass a ball. Think it's time Colback sat in the bench in place of this lad.