Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Think he's close to being finished as a Premier League defender. Still love him though.

He looked finished yesterday, he was by far our worst player and we would have been punished by most teams for that display.

Made Williamson look competent yesterday. He might not be finished but he is increasingly looking like it. He certain  needs to get his head In the right place.

Maybe he is just focussing too much time in thinking about how he is going to manage the team with carver next season.

I'd keep him as a 3rd choice. Sell Taylor, two new centre-backs for the first team, Lascelles 4th choice with Williamson as extreme cover of we can't shift him on either.

Taylor'll have only a year left on his contract come summer. I think selling him is wishful thinking.

I think he's our best CB when fit but he's been fit less than half the time for the past 8 years. It's criminal, really.

I'd keep him as a 3rd choice. Sell Taylor, two new centre-backs for the first team, Lascelles 4th choice with Williamson as extreme cover of we can't shift him on either.

60 grand a week 3rd choice...can see that happening.

I'd personally get rid of the lot; colo, willo, Taylor, we'd get next to nowt, but it would free up a lot of wages and squad space.

Can see us watching qprs season like a hawk and go for austin & caulker should they go down.

I'd personally get rid of the lot; colo, willo, Taylor, we'd get next to nowt, but it would free up a lot of wages and squad space.

Can see us watching qprs season like a hawk and go for austin & caulker should they go down.

honestly don't get what people see in Caulker

Had a fantastic passing rate at swansea.

Part of two shit defences two seasons in a row

Part of two s*** defences two seasons in a row

Speaking of which, it's a shame we didn't go in properly for Ashley Williams back when he might have looked twice at us.

In Garth's team of the week...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31085797

"In a week when Newcastle United announced John Carver is to remain as head coach until the end of the season, the 3-0 victory at struggling Hull City was a terrific team performance by the Magpies. Fabricio Coloccini made a clearance off the line at a crucial stage in the match and was solid and strong throughout. This was an excellent team performance by Newcastle and special mention to the match officials for spotting Ahmed Elmohamady's handball."

It's clear looking at his teams he doesn't even watch the games.  He clearly saw a few highlights and saw the clearance and it's a player he knows and we kept a clean sheet.  There's no more logic in it than that.  We win 3-0 and no mention of a single attacking player, because a few of the other players he recognises also had reasonable games this weekend.  Another case of a really lazy Football journalist thieving a living.

In Garth's team of the week...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31085797

"In a week when Newcastle United announced John Carver is to remain as head coach until the end of the season, the 3-0 victory at struggling Hull City was a terrific team performance by the Magpies. Fabricio Coloccini made a clearance off the line at a crucial stage in the match and was solid and strong throughout. This was an excellent team performance by Newcastle and special mention to the match officials for spotting Ahmed Elmohamady's handball."

:lol: