Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

He was busy, tidy and showed some good workrate and was unlucky with end product a few times. No really frustrating shit as usual which was pleasing.

I've noticed he definitely runs at players more, trying to commit them. I think Pardew mentioned that JC was working on him doing that. Good idea if true or he'll never use his pace to good effect otherwise.

Looked more like his europa league performance self today, kept it simple, used his pace, got some crosses in, no complaints and earned himself more chances. Did more penetrative attacking than any of our players in the first half

I think Jonas was so poor today that instead of the usual grumbles when Obertan appears from the bench, the grumbles were at Jonas and his shit performance and Obertan was actually applauded and cheered onto the pitch by most for a change. Bet that helped. :lol:

why do i still have a little faith in this lad? Dare I say it but I reckon a season at a championship club could do wonders for Obertan. Deep down, he's got raw attributes, regular competitive football could possibly lead us to seeing Obertan shine I reckon. Still not a total lost cause for me.

I must have missed all this like, apart from a decent bit of chasing back to win possession, he hardly touched the ball. Did have one opportunity to send Ba clear, and overhit a fairly easy pass.

I'm the same and he played right in front of me when he came on.  He probably made 3 crosses which came to nothing and a couple of times he could have been away from his defender and slowed down.

I must have missed all this like, apart from a decent bit of chasing back to win possession, he hardly touched the ball. Did have one opportunity to send Ba clear, and overhit a fairly easy pass.

He benefitted hugely from replacing Jonas, Obertan was ok, he kicked the ball towards the box and didn't give it away easily because he was only on the pitch for 15 mins.