The Life and Times of 'Entertaining' Mario Balotelli

Ketsbaia

Apparently Messi is a big fan aswell.

Ever since he has been playing in Manchester, Carlitos (Tevez) has told me how great Oasis was. I kept promising I would listen to them, but I never got round to it.

On the plane on the way to the World Cup Carlitos made me listen to their first two albums. I have to say I wasn't expecting much but it is some of the best material I have ever heard.

They are absolutely amazing. Their songs are incredible. I would have to say 'Supersonic' and 'Live Forever' are my favourites.

I have been listening to their stuff on my iPod dock in the hotel room, on the way to the matches and in the dressing room. I can't believe it's taken me all this time to finally listen to them.

I've been watching their live performances on YouTube and they look like they'd be amazing to see in concert. I asked Carlitos if we could go and see them in Manchester or London but he told me they have split up.

I showed the rest of the boys in the Argentina squad their stuff and I promise you, everybody absolutely loves it. A few knew a couple of their songs but for most of them it was their first listen.

We have agreed that if we win the World Cup we want to fly them over to Argentina for our celebration party. We just need them to name their price.

Bet Balotelli doesn't even know who he is.

Like every other broadcaster in the known universe we had made several attempts to interview him throughout his time in England. About five weeks ago I called Manchester City's press department on the off-chance he had decided it was time to sit down in front of a camera. He hadn't. Now it should be said that City are one of the most approachable, forward-thinking and accommodating clubs when it comes to player access. They are constantly doing things in the community, supporting charities and giving us the opportunity to talk to their highly paid stars. With that in mind, I went back to the club a few days later with a second proposal: What if we could get Noel Gallagher to do the interview? Again the answer was "No, I just don't think he's interested, but let me talk to Mario". This seemed like serious progress and a week or so later we were on the phone again. "He'll do it," said the voice at the other end. "He likes Oasis and he'll talk to Noel... but only Noel". The only thing we had to do now was get Mario - who does not have a great track record when it comes to reliability - and Noel - the busiest man in showbusiness - together. Cue two weeks of conversations with agents, agencies, friends and friends of friends to find a suitable date and a suitable location.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/danwalker/2012/03/noel_gallagher_meets_mario_bal.html

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ToonZA

Balotelli gatecrashed Andrea Stramaccioni’s 1st press conference as Inter Milan manager

Watched it now. Quite funny, just strolling into the room.......

Guest Craig-NUFC

Balotelli gatecrashed Andrea Stramaccioni’s 1st press conference as Inter Milan manager

:lol: What?

Strolled in, shook everyone's hand, then left :lol:

Video of it kicking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Before he came to the league I wanted him here because of his talent. When he first arrived I liked seeing him do whatever he wanted on the pitch. Now, he can f*** off. He's not entertaining at all anymore, he's just an annoying prick. he could have broken a leg out there yesterday and yet showed no remorse and almost did it again later on. Get out he PL, you're just a distraction from football and your attitude is abhorrent

Thought he was a bit of a laugh in the past but nowadays, really think he's a twat. If he continues being like this on and off the pitch, he's simply not going to be a great player. Needs to buck up his ideas soon otherwise he'll probably waste his talent.

Though I guess he still has time to mature, he's still only 21 after all. Who knows, maybe he'll properly fulfill his talent with the right manager. Mancini doesn't seem to be the best man manager so is probably not the man to offer Balotelli the right guidance.

He'll come good when his behaviour and lack of work effort begin to threaten his six-figure weekly wage. I honestly think this is the way his career will progress. As long as he is catered for and is one of the highest paid players in the world without having had to accomplish anything, he won't have reason to change. Too much, too soon for someone who is already fragile mentally.

• 1 month later...

Gazza:

Mario Balotelli? Don't make me laugh. What's he done? Setting off fireworks in his bathroom wouldn't even cause any damage.

He can come back to me when he's brought an ostrich to training. Yeah, when I was playing I brought in an ostrich and just let it loose on the training pitch.

The lads didn't know what to do. The gaffer was furious.

:lol: