The Life and Times of 'Entertaining' Mario Balotelli

Ketsbaia

I'm really not sure about this whole thing. For one thing: at no point does Balotelli look down. Parker falls behind his back, Balotelli stumbles over him (backwards), therefore can only feel where he must lie. But if you meant to stamp on someone, surely you'd have a quick peek, just a little turn of the head, where that person is. I can't help but feel that that would be the natural reaction to the idea of hitting a certain thing. Just check out Pepe when he marched over Messis hand.

Furthermore, the leg goes pretty much to the direct point Balotelli is initially falling towards. The only reason his body moves away from Parker and therefore opposite direction from his leg is because Modric gives him a push.

I realise I'm pretty much alone with my opinion, but I don't really think he deserves this ban. I'm just not sure this was intentional and since there are just as many moments of doubt as of proof how can you convict him?

Furthermore I think we have seen far more malicious acts during this season. Now I might be a bit overprotective of Coloccini here, but does anyone remember Rooney kicking him 3 times when he was on the floor? Once with the ball in front of Colo, once with the ball behind him and once with the ball 3 yards away! And all this in front of Rooney, where he could see who and what he was hitting. Now, if we have at least established that Balotelli didn't intend to hit the head, how is Rooney any less malicious? My opinion: Balotelli is officially labelled a nutcase (by right) and therefore doesn't deserve a moment of doubt, whereas Rooney is the baby of the English football nation or at least the FA and therefore gets away with a lot of sh*t more.

Actually I'm with you. For me he lost his balance and there was no intention to stamp. We can all go on hypothesizing of where his foot should have landed but when you lose balance, there is really no control. Balotelli wasn't falling towards one direction, his momentum was combination of two directions. Plus with a stamping incident, it's usually as a pay back for an earlier tackle or in some cases aimed at the star player to injure him. There was no previous altercation between Parker and Balotelli and Parker is probably one of the least 'star player' in Spurs. I also agree that Rooney's lashing out at Colo was more dangerous and definitely more intentional because Colo was on the floor right in front of him and he lashed out not once but thrice. But Rooney get's away with it because he is our hope for the national team, hypocrisy from the FA  .

It looked very sneaky and while I think it's 95% clear that it was deliberate, that 5% of doubt may be enough to get him off.

Stamping on a player's head is kinda dangerous, and if found guilty he should get a lengthy ban.

Definitely not as blatant and more deliberate than Shearer on Lennon...granted that was 14 year ago and with different personnel on the FA.

I've just watched that again as I hadn't seen it in years, it's so bad. :lol:

Howay man, Lennon headbutted Shearer's boot on purpose! :shifty:

(Nah, that was properly bad from Shearer. Should have been punished for that. Got to be said that his role as England captain saved him from any sort of sanction really).

I'm really not sure about this whole thing. For one thing: at no point does Balotelli look down. Parker falls behind his back, Balotelli stumbles over him (backwards), therefore can only feel where he must lie. But if you meant to stamp on someone, surely you'd have a quick peek, just a little turn of the head, where that person is. I can't help but feel that that would be the natural reaction to the idea of hitting a certain thing. Just check out Pepe when he marched over Messis hand.

Furthermore, the leg goes pretty much to the direct point Balotelli is initially falling towards. The only reason his body moves away from Parker and therefore opposite direction from his leg is because Modric gives him a push.

I realise I'm pretty much alone with my opinion, but I don't really think he deserves this ban. I'm just not sure this was intentional and since there are just as many moments of doubt as of proof how can you convict him?

Furthermore I think we have seen far more malicious acts during this season. Now I might be a bit overprotective of Coloccini here, but does anyone remember Rooney kicking him 3 times when he was on the floor? Once with the ball in front of Colo, once with the ball behind him and once with the ball 3 yards away! And all this in front of Rooney, where he could see who and what he was hitting. Now, if we have at least established that Balotelli didn't intend to hit the head, how is Rooney any less malicious? My opinion: Balotelli is officially labelled a nutcase (by right) and therefore doesn't deserve a moment of doubt, whereas Rooney is the baby of the English football nation or at least the FA and therefore gets away with a lot of sh*t more.

I'm with you. Think a 4 game ban is kind of ridiculous. Now I know Balotelli is looked upon as the devil himself, and perhaps rightly so on some previous occasions, but swap him with, let's say Adam Jonhson. Would he get punished in the same fashion? Balotelli may be a cunt, but in this particular incident I genuinely believe FA got it wrong.

No, he would have got a 3 game ban as he hasn't been sent off this season already. :)

Guest Geordiesned

I'm really concerned about the ability of those who don't think he meant to stamp to walk and maintain their balance. You must constantly fall over!

Guest Geordiesned

His agent his on SSN now saying Balotelli is considering quitting the Premier League as he's having such bad treatment.

Ta'ra then.

FA slap Balotelli with 4 match ban but appeal Rooney's ban given by UEFA.  Hmmm....

What's that got to do with anything? The incidents are completely different and unrelated. Will never understand why people keep bringing the Rooney thing up.

Definitely not as blatant and more deliberate than Shearer on Lennon...granted that was 14 year ago and with different personnel on the FA.

I've just watched that again as I hadn't seen it in years, it's so bad. :lol:

Howay man, Lennon headbutted Shearer's boot on purpose! :shifty:

(Nah, that was properly bad from Shearer. Should have been punished for that. Got to be said that his role as England captain saved him from any sort of sanction really).

Yeah but tbf. Lennon's a c***...

• 1 month later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7578094/

Balotelli fined by City

Manchester City have fined striker Mario Balotelli one week's wages for breaking a club curfew.

Less than 48 hours before their clash with Bolton last week, Balotelli was pictured leaving a strip club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17284477

Mario Balotelli in Trafford Centre hoodie dispute

Footballer Mario Balotelli was asked to leave Manchester's Trafford Centre after refusing to pull down the hood of his top, staff have confirmed.

Manchester City's Italian striker was approached by security staff on Monday and told he would be ejected if he did not remove his hood.

Balotelli, 21, who was out shopping with a friend, decided he would prefer to leave rather than remove it.