The Life and Times of 'Entertaining' Mario Balotelli

Ketsbaia

don't think its the extra game for appeal here, just he's been sent off already so gets another game automatically

the extra game on appeal is for "frivolous" appeals but its not really clear what the FA qualify as "frivolous"

Guest neesy111

Webb saying he didn't see the incident is the biggest joke tbh.

Doesn't surprise me.  Most incompetent referee I've ever seen.  Wouldn't want him refereeing a 5-a-side match.

Guest neesy111

You know, when someone goes away for a bit it's easy to forget just how fucking stupid they are.

Take's one to know one.

Doubt he meant to stamp on Parker's head (if he did then he should be jailed in all honesty) but he definitely intended on sticking his foot in. You don't just randomly extend your leg like that, especially when you know there's a bloke lying on the ground behind you.

Used to find him ammusing but it's becoming pretty apparent that he's just a fucking tit.

Completely agree.

Guest Minusmensch

He was following the ball with his head and turned it back right after the incident. Of couse he couldn't see him. He's just a normal human being for f***s sake, can't catch everything that happens.

Edit: That guy was way, way faster than me. :lol:

Guest Sophie S

I'm really not sure about this whole thing. For one thing: at no point does Balotelli look down. Parker falls behind his back, Balotelli stumbles over him (backwards), therefore can only feel where he must lie. But if you meant to stamp on someone, surely you'd have a quick peek, just a little turn of the head, where that person is. I can't help but feel that that would be the natural reaction to the idea of hitting a certain thing. Just check out Pepe when he marched over Messis hand.

Furthermore, the leg goes pretty much to the direct point Balotelli is initially falling towards. The only reason his body moves away from Parker and therefore opposite direction from his leg is because Modric gives him a push.

I realise I'm pretty much alone with my opinion, but I don't really think he deserves this ban. I'm just not sure this was intentional and since there are just as many moments of doubt as of proof how can you convict him?

Furthermore I think we have seen far more malicious acts during this season. Now I might be a bit overprotective of Coloccini here, but does anyone remember Rooney kicking him 3 times when he was on the floor? Once with the ball in front of Colo, once with the ball behind him and once with the ball 3 yards away! And all this in front of Rooney, where he could see who and what he was hitting. Now, if we have at least established that Balotelli didn't intend to hit the head, how is Rooney any less malicious? My opinion: Balotelli is officially labelled a nutcase (by right) and therefore doesn't deserve a moment of doubt, whereas Rooney is the baby of the English football nation or at least the FA and therefore gets away with a lot of sh*t more.

I'm really not sure about this whole thing. For one thing: at no point does Balotelli look down. Parker falls behind his back, Balotelli stumbles over him (backwards), therefore can only feel where he must lie. But if you meant to stamp on someone, surely you'd have a quick peek, just a little turn of the head, where that person is. I can't help but feel that that would be the natural reaction to the idea of hitting a certain thing. Just check out Pepe when he marched over Messis hand.

Furthermore, the leg goes pretty much to the direct point Balotelli is initially falling towards. The only reason his body moves away from Parker and therefore opposite direction from his leg is because Modric gives him a push.

I realise I'm pretty much alone with my opinion, but I don't really think he deserves this ban. I'm just not sure this was intentional and since there are just as many moments of doubt as of proof how can you convict him?

Furthermore I think we have seen far more malicious acts during this season. Now I might be a bit overprotective of Coloccini here, but does anyone remember Rooney kicking him 3 times when he was on the floor? Once with the ball in front of Colo, once with the ball behind him and once with the ball 3 yards away! And all this in front of Rooney, where he could see who and what he was hitting. Now, if we have at least established that Balotelli didn't intend to hit the head, how is Rooney any less malicious? My opinion: Balotelli is officially labelled a nutcase (by right) and therefore doesn't deserve a moment of doubt, whereas Rooney is the baby of the English football nation or at least the FA and therefore gets away with a lot of sh*t more.

I'm with you. Think a 4 game ban is kind of ridiculous. Now I know Balotelli is looked upon as the devil himself, and perhaps rightly so on some previous occasions, but swap him with, let's say Adam Jonhson. Would he get punished in the same fashion? Balotelli may be a cunt, but in this particular incident I genuinely believe FA got it wrong.

I don't really see why Webb wouldn't have sent him off if he'd seen it.

He's said today that had he seen it, he'd have sent him off.

What possible reason would Howard Webb have for deliberately not seeing it? he's a Man United fan (practically a Man United player) FFS.