Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

surely signing Santon means we're not going for Cissokho? Santon can play both sides and is two-footed so therefore a replacement for Enrique?...

He's right footed and really is more of a right back than a left back but can play there, getting both would honestly give us one of the best.. dare i say if not THE best defence in the league at least in terms of who we've got starting.

However we'll get neither and Ryan Taylor will spend the rest of the season a left-back.

:facepalm:

surely signing Santon means we're not going for Cissokho? Santon can play both sides and is two-footed so therefore a replacement for Enrique?...

He's right footed and really is more of a right back than a left back but can play there, getting both would honestly give us one of the best.. dare i say if not THE best defence in the league at least in terms of who we've got starting.

However we'll get neither and Ryan Taylor will spend the rest of the season a left-back.

:facepalm:

I'll have whatever he's on, ta.

Lyon president Aulas: Cissokho likely to stay as Newcastle won't pay asking price (~€15m), while Delvin Ndinga is deal dead. #NUFC #OL #AJA

The Lyon supremo added that it is highly unlikely that left-back Aly Cissokho will leave the club, despite the 23-year-old being courted by Newcastle.

"The last hours of the transfer market sometimes reserve some surprises," Aulas noted. "For him to leave, an offer has to come which matches what we are demanding, which is roughly what we paid Porto to sign him. A replacement [for Cissokho] is also missing, and we have not announced one."

France Football, via the mighty Goal.com. :thup:

Tbf that is a lot of money for a left back coming off a bad season :lol:

Agree with this.

However, my boundless naivety will now have me hoping that we'll have Pieters and Santon in the squad by Thursday, given that wor Erik is still gagging to come here and we could probably get BOTH for the amount Cissokho would have cost. 2-for-1 deal man, Ashley loves that shit!!

I do realise the Dutch lad is now apparently "not for sale", but we might just up the offer by 100,000 Sports Direct mugs and seal the deal.

Agree with this.

However, my boundless naivety will now have me hoping that we'll have Pieters and Santon in the squad by Thursday, given that wor Erik is still gagging to come here and we could probably get BOTH for the amount Cissokho would have cost. 2-for-1 deal man, Ashley loves that s***!!

I do realise the Dutch lad is now apparently "not for sale", but we might just up the offer by 100,000 Sports Direct mugs and seal the deal.

At any decent club with ambitious owners, we'd have both on planes first thing tomorrow morning.

There's more chance of us winning the cup than there is of us raising our offer for Pieters :undecided:

Agree with this.

However, my boundless naivety will now have me hoping that we'll have Pieters and Santon in the squad by Thursday, given that wor Erik is still gagging to come here and we could probably get BOTH for the amount Cissokho would have cost. 2-for-1 deal man, Ashley loves that s***!!

At any decent club with ambitious owners, we'd have both on planes first thing tomorrow morning.

There's more chance of us winning the cup than there is of us raising our offer for Pieters :undecided:

So one could warm the bench?

Agree with this.

So one could warm the bench?

We only play with one fullback like?