Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I must say I hated the fat fuck for his comments when Pardew was here. However he has proven to be a half decent backup keeper, never a no. 1 but he's filled in well in Krul's absence. Seems to have improved, if he can keep this level then there's no reason we shouldn't keep him as a no. 2

I must say I hated the fat f*** for his comments when Pardew was here. However he has proven to be a half decent backup keeper, never a no. 1 but he's filled in well in Krul's absence. Seems to have improved, if he can keep this level then there's no reason we shouldn't keep him as a no. 2

Agree - he's done much better than I thought he would.

Been fairly impressed by him since he came in. Was fully expecting him to he absolutely hopeless and conceding hand over fist but I'm not afraid to say he's proved me totally wrong, fair play to him and I'd go as far as saying I'm not sure Krul shouldn't automatically come straight back into the team as long as Elliot keeps this form up. 

Think I have been too harsh about him. Had another good game.

Should have done better for the goal but wouldn't have been such a glaring mistake had the defence done their job right. Got some good stops in, got down quick for that outstretched arm to his right.

He's done better than I thought he would do like, I thought he'd be blasted through the net.

Honestly heard the commentator from last weeks game claim that he'd 'stole us points this season' though, it's mental and completely fabricated, it's that kind of bollocks that can lead to a goalkeeper being hailed as the 'player of the season so far no question' solely by not being complete shite. His best save today was palmed straight to Lukaku 3 yards from goal.