Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Ryad Boudebouz seems to fancy a move...

French/African - tick

Under 27 - tick

Contract wrangle/ending - tick

Who cares if he's good or we need him? He's ticked the 3 criteria.

Think we need to go in for Kévin Gameiro - may be cut price, and he definitely will not be getting game time at PSG.

Isn't he one of those who refuse to leave France?

Nah, but he prefers Spain.

Guest Recoba

Franco Di Santo?

Aged 24, Argentina international (I know they cap a lot of shite), Premiership experience.

Does not really score goals...

Still would rather have than Carlton Cole.  At what point do we start scraping the barrel?

Franco Di Santo?

Aged 24, Argentina international (I know they cap a lot of shite), Premiership experience.

Still would rather have than Carlton Cole.  At what point do we start scraping the barrel?

We definitely need more players who don't score goals.

Guest Recoba

Franco Di Santo?

Aged 24, Argentina international (I know they cap a lot of s****), Premiership experience.

We definitely need more players who don't score goals.

I know but assuming we fail to sign Gomis/Gignac/Remy/Bent we will just be after bodies, especially if Shola has broken his arm.

I am getting seriously concerned.  We are so amateur.

I know he's not that good but I can't believe at 29 years old all the best he could get as a free transfer was a 1 year contract with a newly promoted side who are likely to go down :lol:

Why aren't we trying to get Weimann? I remember reading a while back we were linked with him and he seemed interested in us, he would fit perfectly into our squad.

Signed a new contract ages back.

Why aren't we trying to get Weimann? I remember reading a while back we were linked with him and he seemed interested in us, he would fit perfectly into our squad.

Signed a new contract iirc.

What about someone like Shane Long? He is rumored to be available and couldn't cost too much.. Similar type player to Weimann from what I've seen.

Still think someone like LeFondre wouldn't be the worst option off the bench. Better than Shola at least and he scored as much as Cisse last season for the worst club in the league.

What about someone like Shane Long? He is rumored to be available and couldn't cost too much.. Similar type player to Weimann from what I've seen.

Still think someone like LeFondre wouldn't be the worst option off the bench. Better than Shola at least and he scored as much as Cisse last season for the worst club in the league.

His (Long) increase in his sell on fee compared to the purchase fee wouldn't be worth the perceived risk from the board unfortunately. Not seem anything to suggest he is available though, wouldn't make any sense given WBA have no Lukaku.

His (Long) increase in his sell on fee compared to the purchase fee wouldn't be worth the perceived risk from the board unfortunately. Not seem anything to suggest he is available though, wouldn't make any sense given WBA have no Lukaku.

:thup: Thought I saw something on twitter about him being available (so prob BS) but yeah I don't see why they'd want to sell him especially if Odemwingie finally goes too.

Just about sick of hearing the same mediocre names linked again and again, it would be nice if we bought someone that hasn't been mentioned yet.

I'd argue Shane Long isn't any better than the names we have been linked with tbf.

I agree, I just brought him up cause someone was talking about Weimann. We should be looking for better than all these guys really, or at least not just limiting our options to a few players.

I'd argue Shane Long isn't any better than the names we have been linked with tbf.

I agree, I just brought him up cause someone was talking about Weimann. We should be looking for better than all these guys really, or at least not just limiting our options to a few players.

Oh right i agree, i think the mediocre names part confused me a bit.

My bad :thup: