Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

What about Martin Olsson? I thought he was decent at Blackburn and plays left back and can play in the centre if needed. Apparently could cost around 3.5m so reasonable ,and 24 years old so fits within that structure too. Not too sure about the other LB linked,  Haidara since he`s unproven and also after his comments about us clearly being 2nd choice to Roma etc...

Guest Roger Kint

Martin Olsson play in the centre?? ??? What centre???

Never seen him play anywhere other than the left on the pitch and they are looking for £6m+ arent they? Sure somebody bid £4m and got told to piss off

What about Martin Olsson? I thought he was decent at Blackburn and plays left back and can play in the centre if needed. Apparently could cost around 3.5m so reasonable ,and 24 years old so fits within that structure too. Not too sure about the other LB linked,  Haidara since he`s unproven and also after his comments about us clearly being 2nd choice to Roma etc...

Read Haidara's latest comments here sausage.

Just saw a video (i know, i know...) of Pontus Jansson. Young CB from Malmo. Looks a really good prospect. Twente are said to be interested if they lose Douglas. Cheap!

I really like Pontus Jansson. He coaches a youth team in his hometown club in his spare time and used to hold a season ticket and now stands among the Malmö fans when he's injured or suspended. Not good enough atm, though. Maybe in a few years time. He used to be a forward and has good technique for being a CB but but he makes a lot of silly mistakes.

Never good enough in a million years.

This is turning into the Swedish forum. We're not doing ourselves any favours buying Swedes, especially not from Allsvenskan. Daryl Smylie is a starter, that's how bad it is.

Guest Roger Kint

I would like us to have a gamble on Jeremain Lens. He is exactly the type of player we need. I'm sure we could use Krul and Anita in the same way we have the French lads.

Looked good on the very few times i have seen him. Imagine he would cost a decent fee though.

Just saw a video (i know, i know...) of Pontus Jansson. Young CB from Malmo. Looks a really good prospect. Twente are said to be interested if they lose Douglas. Cheap!

I really like Pontus Jansson. He coaches a youth team in his hometown club in his spare time and used to hold a season ticket and now stands among the Malmö fans when he's injured or suspended. Not good enough atm, though. Maybe in a few years time. He used to be a forward and has good technique for being a CB but but he makes a lot of silly mistakes.

Never good enough in a million years.

This is turning into the Swedish forum. We're not doing ourselves any favours buying Swedes, especially not from Allsvenskan. Daryl Smylie is a starter, that's how bad it is.

Smylie has never been a consistent starter in Allsvenskan. He has played the last two seasons in Superettan (Jönköping) FWIW.

Who is the most realistic - if any at all?

1. Okore

2. Haidara

3. De Jong

4. Sissoko

5. Gomis -ruled out leaving Lyon

6. someone linked i forgot?

maybe haidara :undecided:

i know but the same was said about remy 2 days before he left.

I would like us to have a gamble on Jeremain Lens. He is exactly the type of player we need. I'm sure we could use Krul and Anita in the same way we have the French lads.

Someone we have been linked with a fair bit over the past few years. Would definately take him here. Type of player we are looking for, quick, versatile and can play on either side and through the middle.  Don't think it would require silly money to get him either. He and De Jong would add so much to our attack that is missing.

I think we could survive til the summer with Cisse and Shola being our target men. Having some power, pace and trickery is more important.

Guest Slippery Sam

What about Gabby Agbonglahor (sp) ??

There's something about him that is very very good.  He has speed in abundance - something we need big time here. Yeah, he is having a rough spell but that could be to a buyer's advantage as a change of scenery could benefit him big time and I think he would be up for the change.  He's still fairly young.  From what I have seen of him, he is happy enough to play on the left of a two man attack.

Transfer fee? Could Villa be tempted with £12m to get their own plans to move  on targets? Wages? Could be a stumbling block.

Thoughts (Brummie in particular) ??

There's something about him that is very very good.  He has speed in abundance

And in pretty much every other way he is hopeless. A slightly more advanced Obertan, quick in a straight line but with without brain.