Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

:lol:

Probably when we nearly scored and he thought about that money he'd promised to pay out.

I would love to know his thoughts on Pardew's comments about us having 80% of a team though.

To be fair I think we are only 1 CB, 1 winger, and 1 forward away from a pretty strong and complete 11. The weakest link is Pardew and possibly the medical staff. To have a complete squad for next season double up in the positions I mentioned and get someone who can play at LB/RB and we are there. Saying we have 80% of a team isn't far off. It's the coaching and medical staff that aren't up to the job.

Probably when we nearly scored and he thought about that money he'd promised to pay out.

I would love to know his thoughts on Pardew's comments about us having 80% of a team though.

Hopefully we'll find out by Pardew talking himself out of a job.

To be fair I think we are only 1 CB, 1 winger, and 1 forward away from a pretty strong and complete 11. The weakest link is Pardew and possibly the medical staff. To have a complete squad for next season double up in the positions I mentioned and get someone who can play at LB/RB and we are there. Saying we have 80% of a team isn't far off. It's the coaching and medical staff that aren't up to the job.

We only need a CB if Colo leaves i suspect Pardew plan is two forwards and a winger and the rest will be based on sales.

3 new players :lol: better learn playing with the toys you got in january first. If we did sign 3 quality players Jonas would still start :lol:

He's already broken his new toys, needs bigger, more robust toys in Summer to launch things at

3 new players :lol: better learn playing with the toys you got in january first. If we did sign 3 quality players Jonas would still start :lol:

He's already broken his new toys, needs bigger, more robust toys in Summer to launch things at

I hope he get's one of those toys where the manufacturer hasn't followed the safety regulations, and then chokes..

Ashley never stuck me as being the indecisive type, but stumbling on into next season with Pardew in charge just hoping it might get better is pretty feeble. There again this isn't retailing and not having much idea about football doesn't help.

We only need a CB if Colo leaves i suspect Pardew plan is two forwards and a winger and the rest will be based on sales.

Have I misread this?  you don't think we need a striker?

Have I misread this?  you don't think we need a striker?

Yes. He's responding the post above saying we only need a new centre back if Colo leaves.

Aye especially after he just shelled out on 5 new players lol

For me its on par with Keegan saying we'll never beat Chelsea.

KK right again.

Last season literally didn't happen did it.

Has to be a question Ashley asks: How did a team that finished fifth and had five first-team players added in January finish in fifth place? (And if you mention Europa League or injuries I will stab you in the face)

KK right again.

Has to be a question Ashley asks: How did a team that finished fifth and had five first-team players added in January finish in fifth place? (And if you mention Europa League or injuries I will stab you in the face)

That's like asking for two positive integers that add up to make 2, but forbidding the use of 1 in the answer.  :aww:

KK right again.

That's like asking for two positive integers that add up to make 2, but forbidding the use of 1 in the answer.  :aww:

Wrong.

That ignores the fact that our players played significantly fewer ganes than many at more successful clubs. It ignores the woeful domestic cup runs, and the fact that in the EL group matches, we sent out virtual reserve teams on occasion.

Nor does it acknowledge that some injuries were the direct result of managerial mismanagement (such as Ben Arfa being played when clearly unfit) or through institutional mismanagement (the failure of the club to investigate the occurance of muscle injuries borders on negligence, while the lack of fitness which potentially leads to injuries is, again, directly under the control of the manager.)

But don't let that stop you pushing your barrow. You'd make a good advocate for Pardew in his "showdown" talks, except that he doesn't need one because he's so good at PR :rolleyes:

Go and troll someone else, :aww: Face

EDIT: Just realised I made a typo, and that it should have read "...finish in fifth last place." So had you trolled me by pointing out my error, there would have been no response. But in your rush to push your ridiculous agenda, you ignored the tap-in in favour of a speculative scissor kick that ended in the stands...

KK right again.

Wrong.

That ignores the fact that our players played significantly fewer ganes than many at more successful clubs. It ignores the woeful domestic cup runs, and the fact that in the EL group matches, we sent out virtual reserve teams on occasion.

Nor does it acknowledge that some injuries were the direct result of managerial mismanagement (such as Ben Arfa being played when clearly unfit) or through institutional mismanagement (the failure of the club to investigate the occurance of muscle injuries borders on negligence, while the lack of fitness which potentially leads to injuries is, again, directly under the control of the manager.)

But don't let that stop you pushing your barrow. You'd make a good advocate for Pardew in his "showdown" talks, except that he doesn't need one because he's so good at PR :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just realised I made a typo, and that it should have read "...finish in fifth last place." So had you trolled me by pointing out my error, there would have been no response. But in your rush to push your ridiculous agenda, you ignored the tap-in in favour of a speculative scissor kick that ended in the stands...

I made no reference to your typo.  I got what you meant.

Our players played significantly fewer than players at other clubs due to injury.

The best thing to do is compare Premier league starts for the last 2 seasons.......

2011/2012

http://i40.tinypic.com/a2did0.jpg

Here you can see just how consistent the spine of our team was.  6 players all started over 30 games.  Over the season a manager selects 418 players to start a game.  Just those 6 players were selected 211 times...over 50%.  Only 24 players were needed. 6 of those playing 2 games or less. which leaves us with a core of 18 players.  Remarkably consistent selections.

2012/2013

http://i39.tinypic.com/i6jcdl.jpg

Here you can see just inconsistent the past season has been.  This time, only 3 managed 30.  We had to go through the 8 most played players before we'd covered half of the seasons selections.  27 players were needed this time. with only 2 playing 2 games or less. Which means our core was a much wider spread of 25 players.  There was none of the consistency in team selection of the year previous, and with that comes less opportunity to work up a settled system.

Guest icemanblue

KK right again.

Wrong.

I made no reference to your typo.  I got what you meant.

Our players played significantly fewer than players at other clubs due to injury.

The best thing to do is compare Premier league starts for the last 2 seasons.......

2011/2012

http://i40.tinypic.com/a2did0.jpg

Here you can see just how consistent the spine of our team was.  6 players all started over 30 games.  Over the season a manager selects 418 players to start a game.  Just those 6 players were selected 211 times...over 50%.  Only 24 players were needed. 6 of those playing 2 games or less. which leaves us with a core of 18 players.  Remarkably consistent selections.

2012/2013

http://i39.tinypic.com/i6jcdl.jpg

Here you can see just inconsistent the past season has been.  This time, only 3 managed 30.  We had to go through the 8 most played players before we'd covered half of the seasons selections.  27 players were needed this time. with only 2 playing 2 games or less. Which means our core was a much wider spread of 25 players.  There was none of the consistency in team selection of the year previous, and with that comes less opportunity to work up a settled system.

I properly love this, like. :lol:

They are some beautiful pie charts, mate.

Those are really pretty graphs, but your logic is flawed on a number of grounds.

However, I've looked around at some of your other posts, and I'm not playing with trolls. You think what you like, and spread whatever gospel you choose...