Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

(a) didn't Keegan say that jiminez was a total gobshite whose only link to football was selling shirts or something?

And

(b) I'm truly, truly starting to believe that the truest words that ever came out of Pardews mouth (and reportedly almost got him sacked) was the "he doesn't understand football" quote

And

© Llamblias handed Pardew the 8 year contract, he's obviously going to express surprise at the idea of sacking him

People should be supporting Rangers this season. There's only one automatic promotion place back to the prem and if they can get that then in my opinion the chances of him leaving goes up massively. Unfortunately Rangers are a bit off the pace at the moment behind Hearts.

What's stopping him owning both clubs? ???

Nothing, I believe, unless both NUFC and Rangers entered the same UEFA competition.

People should be supporting Rangers this season. There's only one automatic promotion place back to the prem and if they can get that then in my opinion the chances of him leaving goes up massively. Unfortunately Rangers are a bit off the pace at the moment behind Hearts.

Nothing, I believe, unless both NUFC and Rangers entered the same UEFA competition.

:yao:

Rangers are probably a lock-in for the EL every season once they get up, you'd only need NUFC having an good season (like the one where you finished 5th) and there you have your ownership conflict.

Rangers are probably a lock-in for the EL every season once they get up, you'd only need NUFC having an good season (like the one where you finished 5th) and there you have your ownership conflict.

Don't the SFA also have a regulation where you cannot have more than a 10% shareholding if you own another football club.  There have been a few articles recently suggesting that Ashley might try and put pressure on the SFA in implement a change.

Aye. Not sure where I took all that extreme politeness from.. I loath what he did with the club. But standing next to them my head suddenly became empty and there was no way I could come up with anything remotely coherent.

That's my first night in the UK in 5-6 years.. Didn't exactly expect to run into Mike f***ing Ashley and his cronies in the pub

Hardly surprising you couldn't concentrate given what else was going on.

my wife was pulling me the whole time.

:megusta:

(a) didn't Keegan say that jiminez was a total gobshite whose only link to football was selling shirts or something?

Aye, he said his only link to football was working as a steward at Chelsea and basically accused him of fucking up the Modric deal by telling his agent he didn't think he was good enough for the premier league.

But, that takes on a different light when taking into account he may have had an interest in the club having a lower sale price.

Guest Gino14

Reading those quotes from the chat with Ashley and Llambias, it's clear they're almost divorced from reality on some surreal level.  If you can watch us play, see the reaction of fans, pundits, everyone with brain and be surprised when a fan suggests you should sack the manager, well you must be wrong in the head.  What else could explain it?  I could understand the not wanting to sack his own man from  Llambias, but to be surprised anyone would suggest it?  It's good that the club isn't officially tied to that moron anymore at least.

Or another explanation is they are actively taking the piss out of us and purposefully ruining our club while making money from it with free advertising for his tat emporium.

When the time is right he'll ditch us, leaving us in a much diminished state. Job done. 

THE explanation is they are actively taking the piss out of us and purposefully ruining our club while making money from it with free advertising for his tat emporium.

When the time is right he'll ditch us, leaving us in a much diminished state. Job done. 

Don't the SFA also have a regulation where you cannot have more than a 10% shareholding if you own another football club.  There have been a few articles recently suggesting that Ashley might try and put pressure on the SFA in implement a change.

Yeah, saw that in one of the articles the other day.

Edit:

Hall: Ashley will save you, Gers

SIR JOHN HALL last night told Rangers fans not to fear Mike Ashley — and insisted he could SAVE the club. The controversial Newcastle owner has doubled his Ibrox shareholding and owns the naming rights to Ibrox.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/5968723/Hall-Ashley-will-save-you-Gers.html

Need a Sun+ account to read the story, like.

Guest antz1uk

SIR JOHN HALL last night told Rangers fans not to fear Mike Ashley — and insisted he could SAVE the club. The controversial Newcastle owner has doubled his Ibrox shareholding and owns the naming rights to Ibrox.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/5968723/Hall-Ashley-will-save-you-Gers.html

he's got a fucking nerve

What the fuck :spit:

Edit:

The writing standards on that article :lol:

currently playing in Scottish football’s second tier, and owns the naming rights for Ibrox Stadium, brought for a pound. Sports Direct also (?) full control of the club’s retail stores.

That your regional paper?

Edit:

The writing standards on that article :lol:

currently playing in Scottish football’s second tier, and owns the naming rights for Ibrox Stadium, brought for a pound. Sports Direct also (?) full control of the club’s retail stores.

That your regional paper?

The other article with Venables having previously been real close to managing in SJP cracked me up too. :lol:

Or another explanation is they are actively taking the p*ss out of us and purposefully ruining our club while making money from it with free advertising for his tat emporium.

That's basically it.

I've been thinking about this a lot over this last weekend and while I support the sack pardew stuff the only way to change this whole situation is for people to stop going. I realise this won't happen due to imbeciles who won't have anything said against the club, but it is the only way.

Ashley is absolutely taking the piss. He knows exactly what he's doing - getting free worldwide advertising and some extra pocket money. He'll not do anything about Pardew unless he threatens this, so he'll be going no-where soon. I don't think Ashley will be happy with 17th, but it still won't get Pardew the sack. Ashley is still getting his advertising and money.

That leaves two choices for me as your average (slightly rebellious supporter); just accept this shit and support the team or just stop supporting altogether and get on with my life. I realise the second option is easier for me, over here in Australia, but that's what I need to do as I barely even recognise my club any more. I might actually just take a break from football altogether. Watching another incident of a player dragging his leg onto an outstretched boot and getting a pen (Hazard, Che v Ars last night), and listening to commentators justify it and talk about 'simulations'......it's just pisses me off, the whole thing.

Something I used to love now makes me unhappy. Maybe it's my age or something, I dunno, but I've just had enough.

Or another explanation is they are actively taking the p*ss out of us and purposefully ruining our club while making money from it with free advertising for his tat emporium.

That's basically it.

I've been thinking about this a lot over this last weekend and while I support the sack pardew stuff the only way to change this whole situation is for people to stop going. I realise this won't happen due to imbeciles who won't have anything said against the club, but it is the only way.

Ashley is absolutely taking the p*ss. He knows exactly what he's doing - getting free worldwide advertising and some extra pocket money. He'll not do anything about Pardew unless he threatens this, so he'll be going no-where soon. I don't think Ashley will be happy with 17th, but it still won't get Pardew the sack. Ashley is still getting his advertising and money.

That leaves two choices for me as your average (slightly rebellious supporter); just accept this s*** and support the team or just stop supporting altogether and get on with my life. I realise the second option is easier for me, over here in Australia, but that's what I need to do as I barely even recognise my club any more. I might actually just take a break from football altogether. Watching another incident of a player dragging his leg onto an outstretched boot and getting a pen (Hazard, Che v Ars last night), and listening to commentators justify it and talk about 'simulations'......it's just pisses me off, the whole thing.

Something I used to love now makes me unhappy. Maybe it's my age or something, I dunno, but I've just had enough.

I know that feel bro.

It's not your age mate, it's this turgid fare we're getting served up to watch and alongside this our club is being dismantled before our eyes. It's no wonder you don't want to watch!

If we were playing decent football and looked like we wanted to challenge for something then no doubt you'd be as enthusiastic as ever i'd guess. That's how I am at least.

That's basically it.

Ashley is absolutely taking the piss. He knows exactly what he's doing - getting free worldwide advertising and some extra pocket money. He'll not do anything about Pardew unless he threatens this, so he'll be going no-where soon. I don't think Ashley will be happy with 17th, but it still won't get Pardew the sack. Ashley is still getting his advertising and money.

That leaves two choices for me as your average (slightly rebellious supporter); just accept this shit and support the team or just stop supporting altogether and get on with my life. I realise the second option is easier for me, over here in Australia, but that's what I need to do as I barely even recognise my club any more. I might actually just take a break from football altogether. Watching another incident of a player dragging his leg onto an outstretched boot and getting a pen (Hazard, Che v Ars last night), and listening to commentators justify it and talk about 'simulations'......it's just pisses me off, the whole thing.

Absolutely the same here, unfortunately.