Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The fat b******s interview yesterday was no more than Crocodile tears and some will be taken in.  Things might improve next season but most know that things will only change for the better short term as they'll repeat what they've already done, more than once.

Trying to be objective on this, it depends on who it was that came up with the idea of him doing an interview. If it was his own idea, then maybe there is a will in his own head that something needs to be done. If it was totally a KB exercise, which I personally reckon it was, then we're in for even bigger disasters as this club descends further into an abyss of spin doctoring and lies. Either way, it's a pivotal close-season. If he changes, and permanently, then that's good for the club. If not, the pressure groups such as AO and MAOC have now seen that they do have a massive impact and will make his life a living hell.

I agree that he's now made a rod for his own back (to be judged) and clearly, the Ashleyout campaign has been a success, because he's forced him and Bishop into making this move. I still believe the interview was staged and contrived - Ashley remembered his lines well and clearly, there were no pressing questions asked.

Will he follow through with his promises? Will he bollocks. It's another cynical PR move to placate the sheep among our ranks who will now be lapping it up again.

He actually said he will 'continue his investment in Newcastle' just before Sky showed that in fact since he took over our transfer PROFIT is 25 million.

The only hope is that this is the first time he has actually made a verbal commitment on national television and it would be easy to prove him a liar (again).  Only a glimmer of hope I acknowledge.

He's got the summer to put things right but if his first move is to make carver manager then he can fuck right off

For once, I'm prepared to agree. Carver has shown that he's far too emotional for the top job, and I think he's lost the support of the players.

Carver's flaw is that he's too emotional?

You think he's lost the players?

Mate...

Fuck...

With insight like that, you should be writing Lee Ryder's column...

literally don't give a fuck about him spending on players until he or someone appoints a proper manager, coaching and medical team

until then it's pointless

Exactly.

Until he realises that the manager is the most important individual at the club and should be the number 1 priority when he talks about his "investment" we're on a hiding to nothing. Spending loads on quality players is completely negated by having a gormless cunt like Carver in the dugout working with them everyday.

He simply doesn't understand. He's the type of bloke I'd imagine solves problems by throwing money at it and it doesn't quite work like that when it comes to running a football club.

literally don't give a fuck about him spending on players until he or someone appoints a proper manager, coaching and medical team

Exactly.

Until he realises that the manager is the most important individual at the club and should be the number 1 priority when he talks about his "investment" we're on a hiding to nothing. Spending loads on quality players is completely negated by having a gormless cunt like Carver in the dugout working with them everyday.

He simply doesn't understand. He's the type of bloke I'd imagine solves problems by throwing money at it and it doesn't quite work like that when it comes to running a football club.

what always got me about Pardew and the 'transfer system' they have in place was that Pardew was always fighting against it as well...he was a somewhat competent manager (compared to say carver) but because he didn't believe in the system of being handed players he went out of his way to fucking hamstring himself by either dropping them, playing them out of position, or forcing them out of the club....or all three

then we get carver who will do what he's told so the system is irrelevant, he just happens to be utterly incompetent :lol:

I was as surprised as anyone to see him doing an 'Interview' yesterday.

At this time I still cannot tell whether it was just a ruse or not, difficult to believe some of the words that come out of his mouth, BUT, this is the first time we have seen him on tv and as others have said, It came out of the horses mouth so if his actions don't follow his words then he will be strung up, not just by the fans but the media as well.

One thing for sure, he made it perfectly clear that he doesn't give a flying fuck about 'AshleyOut' as he has now categorically stated (twice) that he is not going anywhere until the club 'Wins' something (although didn't we win the Championship?!?!?!?)

At the end of the day, given Carvers recent performance as a Newcastle Manager, if he thinks he even has a chance of getting the job he is deluded BUT not as deluded as Ashley would be to give him the job.

As much as I would like this to be a potential turning point for Ashley and Co I just can't help feeling that it is going to be the same old story.

One thing for sure, he made it perfectly clear that he doesn't give a flying fuck about 'AshleyOut' as he has now categorically stated (twice) that he is not going anywhere until the club 'Wins' something (although didn't we win the Championship?!?!?!?)

doesn't care so much he's decided to make the first public appearance and 'interview' of his entire life?  yep, doesn't give a fuck :lol:

Guest neesy111

So why has carver not been sacked yet, it's 12 weeks to the start of the season.  Can't waste any time this close season.

Guest Howaythetoon

The sad thing is Ashley could turn us into one of the biggest clubs in the world if he desired a successful huge club in the way he SD is a huge successful business.

Guest Howaythetoon

I now think this whole interview was a smug "fuck you" to those against him, AO, MOAC etc. Not going anywhere until we win something is him openly mocking us, he runs the club to not win things and we never win things anyway.

Exactly.

what always got me about Pardew and the 'transfer system' they have in place was that Pardew was always fighting against it as well...he was a somewhat competent manager (compared to say carver) but because he didn't believe in the system of being handed players he went out of his way to fucking hamstring himself by either dropping them, playing them out of position, or forcing them out of the club....or all three

then we get carver who will do what he's told so the system is irrelevant, he just happens to be utterly incompetent :lol:

M'Biwa. :thup:

Clearly never fancied him from the off and only played him when he absolutely had to. M'biwa didn't have the best of starts over here but there was no point in signing him if the manager was barely going to play him. Just need to get their heads together and talk it out.

Then again it's all moot because under Ashley making a profit on players appears to be the main/only reason they come in at all. Until the needs of the team come before the needs of the balance sheet then we're all fighting a losing battle. Well, all of us apart from 1 individual...

If, by any chance, Mike Ashley decides to appoint Carver on a permanent basis, then that is it for me. THAT is how little patient and trust I have left in this regime.

One thing for sure, he made it perfectly clear that he doesn't give a flying f*** about 'AshleyOut' as he has now categorically stated (twice) that he is not going anywhere until the club 'Wins' something (although didn't we win the Championship?!?!?!?)

doesn't care so much he's decided to make the first public appearance and 'interview' of his entire life?  yep, doesn't give a f*** :lol:

Surely a better move than offering the players money not to lose like last time?

One thing for sure, he made it perfectly clear that he doesn't give a flying f*** about 'AshleyOut' as he has now categorically stated (twice) that he is not going anywhere until the club 'Wins' something (although didn't we win the Championship?!?!?!?)

doesn't care so much he's decided to make the first public appearance and 'interview' of his entire life?  yep, doesn't give a f*** :lol:

Surely a better move than offering the players money not to lose like last time?

what, are you trying to imply that his interview yesterday was somehow instrumental in the win?

must have had a deep impact on west ham as well if so 'cause they played in fucking flip flops or we'd not have won

what, are you trying to imply that his interview yesterday was somehow instrumental in the win?

must have had a deep impact on west ham as well if so 'cause they played in f***ing flip flops or we'd not have won

Didn't think that at all. My point is that he went on TV and basically said he wasn't selling, which to me, is him saying "Sing Ashley out all you want, Im not going anywhere"...

Guest Howaythetoon

The sad thing is Ashley could turn us into one of the biggest clubs in the world if he desired a successful huge club in the way he SD is a huge successful business.

lets not get ahead of ourselves like

Its quite possible though if he was that way inclined, which he obviously isn't.

:lol:

What a ridiculous statement (Cunning Linguist). It's the first time he has done anything in the public eye and it's solely down to the fact ticket sales are likely to drop and his asset was likely to severely depreciate in value. In fact it probably still will unless he follows up on his promises of investment, which in itself is unlikely because they're all lying c***s - him and his bum-bandits.

AshleyOut have increased media attention if nowt else and now the whole footballing world is waking up to Mikes twattery. So that in itself says they've done a good job.

literally don't give a f*** about him spending on players until he or someone appoints a proper manager, coaching and medical team

Exactly.

Until he realises that the manager is the most important individual at the club and should be the number 1 priority when he talks about his "investment" we're on a hiding to nothing. Spending loads on quality players is completely negated by having a gormless c*** like Carver in the dugout working with them everyday.

what always got me about Pardew and the 'transfer system' they have in place was that Pardew was always fighting against it as well...he was a somewhat competent manager (compared to say carver) but because he didn't believe in the system of being handed players he went out of his way to f***ing hamstring himself by either dropping them, playing them out of position, or forcing them out of the club....or all three

M'Biwa. :thup:

Clearly never fancied him from the off and only played him when he absolutely had to. M'biwa didn't have the best of starts over here but there was no point in signing him if the manager was barely going to play him. Just need to get their heads together and talk it out.

Then again it's all moot because under Ashley making a profit on players appears to be the main/only reason they come in at all. Until the needs of the team come before the needs of the balance sheet then we're all fighting a losing battle. Well, all of us apart from 1 individual...

Except you can't generate profit if the players don't perform. Ashley's lost money on Santon, Yanga-Mbiwa and Ben Arfa, and probably stands to make further losses on Tiote, Gouffran and possibly Cisse. It honestly baffles me how Ashley continues to fatally undermine the importance of appointing a progressive, open-minded manager capable of working within the club's structures - it's essential, be it for getting results or generating profit off player sales