Newcastle 3 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 24/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 27

Disco

This team is a lot better than last year.  Shame for the squad depth but the starting eleven are brilliant (excl Raylor)

Don't think the depth is too bad at all when you consider Santon should be starting at left-back relatively soon and when you look at the bench we had today.

3 points closer to saftey! Thats what counts.

Didnt get to see all of the game so I will hold off on ratings until later. Some sexy stuff in the making though. Huge boost for Ba to build upon.

Hatem seemed to be trying too hard to do everything himself to impress us when a simple pass could have put people straight through or better built attacks, but great to see him back.

Raylor did better than I expected, actually made tackles. But did give away the goal we conceeded.

Stats show we were all over them. Good to see. Football First tonight I wonder.

Nah Chelsea won 4-1, even if they won 3-1 they would have been on because Torres got red carded where as only a non big name player from Blackburn got sent off in our game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We played some really good stuff. So fucking exciting man :lol:

Tiote was really good. Cabaye showed yet again his range of passing and ability to keep the ball. Obertan gave his best performance yet, really think he's going to grow this season. Ben Arfa had some good moments on the ball when he came on, was desperate for a goal like! Marveaux had a good piece near the end, got round the full back and put in a good ball.

Generally, :fwap:

Probably same team i would think for the next game, im happy for Ben Arfa to come off the bench for now while he gains more fitness and confidence from his injuries. Ba and Obertan were excellent today and Tiote was solid.