Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

We've done best against Spurs out of all of the top six or seven in the past few years. We would have had them last year too had we not turned a crazy 4 against 2 at their end into a chance for Lennon to show how far Simpson will back off. The answer to that one was very far indeed.

Standard logic based on the lineups would suggest we'll get raped down the flanks, so we really could do with Marveaux in for Obertan to cover Raylor. It's unlucky for him, but possibly even Best out and HBA very deep lying in 4-4-1-1. However, since we've beaten Spurs with some shit teams before, I quite tempted to just say ferk them and play the same game against everyone else. We put six past Friedel last year, the first with him rooted to the spot as Barton's shot flew past him and not into the corner. I personally think he's finished.

I think we should be brave and start Ben Arfa, Santon and Marv. For me, Obertan can and should be dropped, the same for Simmo (switch Ryan Taylor to RB) and finally Best unfortunately should make way for Ben Arfa. We can beat Spurs, we just have to get into them from the first whistle and make sure they know they're in a game.

Totenham have of late been playing VdV out wide, a decision i'm not sure about and running marveaux against him might give us a lot of success. Even though i have previously today said this might not work moving guti to the right to help deal with Bale could help as well. I'd then play

Krul

Simp            Saylor              Colo          Santon

Cabaye              Tiote

Guti                        HBA                    Marveax

Ba

Pretty much our strongest side, which I would like to see against the top sides. I also prefer this to a 4-4-2 since i think this should allow us to hold possession in the center. Never been especially convinced over Spur's defence so Ba should be able to get a goal.

Do rate Adebayor (he always starts well), think we'll struggle to keep a clean sheet. Simpson is the weak link in the side there.

Totenham have of late been playing VdV out wide, a decision i'm not sure about and running marveaux against him might give us a lot of success. Even though i have previously today said this might not work moving guti to the right to help deal with Bale could help as well. I'd then play

Krul

Simp          Saylor              Colo          Santon

Cabaye              Tiote

Guti                        HBA                    Marveax

Ba

Pretty much our strongest side, which I would like to see against the top sides. I also prefer this to a 4-4-2 since i think this should allow us to hold possession in the center. Never been especially convinced over Spur's defence so Ba should be able to get a goal.

Do rate Adebayor (he always starts well), think we'll struggle to keep a clean sheet. Simpson is the weak link in the side there.

I'd play that, but with Raylor at right back instead of Simpson. On current form he's the better defender IMO. That would be our strongest team, without a doubt.

For me, St James' could and should be rocking for the Tottenham game. They're going to be shitting themselves and we should put these c***s to the sword. I don't care how good they are. They'll have 3,000 fans up, it will be a near sell-out game, thus improving the atmosphere. We're unbeaten and have more class to return to our squad. We will be fearless going into this and they'll be coming up that tunnel, walking up the stairs, and out into a thorughly intimidating roar, with all four stands bouncing. 3-1.

Why should he though?

I can see the points for dropping Obertan and Taylor because they've been sub standard but Best has been playing really well, he's grabbed 3 goals and his hold up play and control have been excellent, as long as him and Ba know that if they don't perform they will be replaced in the starting 11 then it should be enough to keep them on their toes and performing at the standard they have been.

I don't rate Best as highly as some people doand I know that I might be the one in the wrong but I'll go with what I think.  Best does very little for me even if he has improved his game over the last couple of seasons, I can see him going on a run of games without doing much, especially against the better teams.

Did you watch the game yesterday?

Got to respect Spurs but in no way should we fear them and traditionally we tend to do well against them at home. As pointed out when the stadium is rocking and we properly go for them they've shat it before and bottled it. They're central defence is still suspect and the left back isn't a world beater. I'd fancy Tiote against Parker but there are wicked match ups all over the park and it should be a quality match.

I'd be tempted to start Ben Arfa instead of Obertan if he decides that Best/Ba have been playing too well together to drop. Obertan is the only one you could say deserves to have a rest. Be tempted to bring Santon in if he comes through his U21 matches as he has that extra quality that we'll need against sides like Spurs. I'd be much more confident with Santon in at left back.

Guest BooBoo

If they play like that against us, I think we can take em.

Of course we can. We should never fear Spurs coming to SJP. They almost always bottle it.