Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

I don't think that the Man City defense is really all that great.  The first goal will be really important in this one (isn't it always?).

It's their defence that I am scared about, you're right we will probably get a goal. But man their attack will tear our defense apart, and it is not that our defence is poor, it's just that their attack is too fucking awesome! That is where we will come unstuck

If Tiote is fit and firing he has the capability of nullifying City's midfield, whilst Cabaye and Guthrie have the qualities to keep the ball while we are in posession. We are also going to need pace out wide to stretch them defensively and to limit the likes of Kolarov/Clichy and Richards ability to go forward. We will also require a presence upfront like Best, to batter and pressurise Lescott and Kompany and give them something to think about. I would go for something like this. With HBA replacing best after an hour,  and Ba pushing up forward.

Krul

Simpson    Saylor      Coloccini  Raylor

Tiote

Guthrie        Cabaye

Ba                                              Jonas

Best

If Tiote is fit and firing he has the capability of nullifying City's midfield, whilst Cabaye and Guthrie have the qualities to keep the ball while we are in posession. We are also going to need pace out wide to stretch them defensively and to limit the likes of Kolarov/Clichy and Richards ability to go forward. We will also require a presence upfront like Best, to batter and pressurise Lescott and Kompany and give them something to think about. I would go for something like this. With HBA replacing best after an hour,  and Ba pushing up forward.

Krul

Tiote

Guthrie        Cabaye

Best

Like that combo but I would swap Ba for Best as I don't think Ba is fast enough for that role. Then put HBA and Jonas down the flanks.

Krul

Tiote

Guthrie        Cabaye

Best

Like that combo but I would swap Ba for Best as I don't think Ba is fast enough for that role. Then put HBA and Jonas down the flanks.

wouldn't mind seeing that at all, though i'd probably switch ba and best and stick HBA on flank. Doubt it'll happen though, Pardew seems to want to keep 2 up front.

Now the nights are drawing in let's see how their foreign legion cope without their snoods and the harsh northern winters. I reckon this will be the undoing of their title hopes this season and an easy victory for the toon...

:yorkie: :best: :yorkie:

If no Marv, Cayabe and as expected no Obertan we could see Santon brought in in defence and Raylor moved to right side of midfield with Tiote and Guthrie in the middle. Atleast that's an option anyway.

It's an option alright. A bad one.

Regardless who is fit we need to play 451 probAbly Ba up front, best coming on for him 2nd half, HBA starting behind the striker. I know he'll need replacing as well but we could bring on gosling and drop Tiote further back if we need to.

Got to go defensive, take the sting out of the game, keep it respectable and give as much protection to the back line as possible. We can open it up later if their heads drop, bring on pace and counter attack.

Regardless who is fit we need to play 451 probAbly Ba up front, best coming on for him 2nd half, HBA starting behind the striker. I know he'll need replacing as well but we could bring on gosling and drop Tiote further back if we need to.

Got to go defensive, take the sting out of the game, keep it respectable and give as much protection to the back line as possible. We can open it up later if their heads drop, bring on pace and counter attack.

Agree with everything apart from the bit in bold. From what I've seen HBA doesn't press the ball half as well as Best and it going to be vital that we put their players under pressure all over the pitch.

Ok they are brilliant at the moment. Let's not flap it though eh and stick to our guns. We are not going to go there and just roll over. This is the ultimate test for us and we are in a good flow now. QPR really gave them a very very good game with lesser players than we have. We should adopt the same attitude. Go out and give our best shot. If we get beat, then so what, at least we gave it our best shot.

Depends on injuries of course but i'd go same again if everyone's fit. We will need outlets to provide relief from their attacks Ben arfa in for Marveaux if he's injured. We've looked better with two up top and the Best Ba combo is working.

Krul

Simpson    Taylor          Colo      Raylor

Marveaux  Cabaye      Tiote      Jonas

Best        Ba         

Subs: Elliott, Santon, Guthrie, Gosling, Sammy, Vuckik, Ben Arfa.

It will probably end up more of a:

Krul

Simpson    Taylor          Colo      Raylor

Cabaye      Tiote      Jonas

Benarfa/Marveaux                  Ba     

Best

I am really wanting to see Santon given a run of games to see what he can bring to our team. A bit of a big ask to just lob him into this one not match sharp and tell him to mark Silva out the game, talk about baptisim of fire. He may free up Jonas from having to defend quite so much (in other games bar City) as well as adding a new dimension to our team. Raylor is like a lucky mascot for us at the moment though, he gives us everything and has scored two absolute screamers winning goals and been playing really well. Defensively suspect though and i keep remembering the way  SWP tore him to shreds at QPR and thinking Silva's going to do worse. Before the last two games i'd have brought Santon in for Simpson but Simpson to give him credit has played really well the last two games.

Guthrie in if Cabaye or tiote are  injured and Mehdi on the bench. If Ben arfa starts instead of the injured Marveaux and plays poorly bring Wor Sammy on.

Really looking forward to this game, finally we play 'someone'. Can't wait to see how we perform against the best team in the league (atm), the next four games will indicate where we finish imo.

If we come away with a few points from the next three games, then manage to bounce back with a win against Norwich we will be proper contenders for the Europa league places. It's all about character, we'll be seeing how much our team have soon.

Saying all that, I think City will rest a few players for the Napoli game. With a few minor injuries to their key players during the international break, who knows what could happen?    :aww:

Just hope the ref this year isn't a completely blind knob end, fucking last year was ridiculous. Ben Arfa stretchered off = not even a yellow. Williamson gets a clean tackle outside the box = penalty. Shola gets taken out in their box = nothing. Was seething after that game like :lol: