Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

----------------Krul

Simo-----Tayls------Colo------RTay

Sant-----Guth-------Cab------Jonas

-----------Ba----------Best

Aye. I think we'll line up like that, assuming Obertan/Tiote aren't available and Best is.

Would certainly rather see Santon played in his proper position and Raylor in what is (supposedly) his proper position in right midfield.

There's no way Pardew will unsettle the defence, and rightly so in my opinion.

----------------Krul

Aye. I think we'll line up like that, assuming Obertan/Tiote aren't available and Best is.

Would certainly rather see Santon played in his proper position and Raylor in what is (supposedly) his proper position in right midfield.

There's no way Pardew will unsettle the defence, and rightly so in my opinion.

Agree with this although I was pushing for Santon at left back,we've got a settled defence for once,keep it going if possible

----------------Krul

Raylor is fucking terrible in right midfield.

----------------Krul

He was supposed to be pretty fucking terrible at left back too.

No point in playing two players out of position.

----------------Krul

He was supposed to be pretty fucking terrible at left back too.

So you'd break up a back-line that is statistically the best in the league, in order to move the left back from that defence - who is currently playing the best football of his career - into a position where in the past he has consistently failed to perform? Santon has shown in the past that he's more than capable of playing as an attacking right wing-back, so I doubt it would be too hard a task for him to play on the wing against City, given that we're probably going to need both of our wingers to act as secondary full-backs for the majority of the match anyway.

Where's this idea of Santon starting on the right of midfield come from?

Lack of options? No matter who we put there, it's going to be a case of square peg/round hole since we have no natural right wingers fit. Pardew will look for maximum defensive-protection, so it will be between Santon, Guthrie and Gosling I think - can't see Ben Arfa getting a look in as he doesn't have the work-rate to play that role. Out of the three, Santon would be the most sensible option since he's a natural wide player.

----------------Krul

Raylor is f***ing terrible in right midfield.

He was supposed to be pretty f***ing terrible at left back too.

but hes smiling when when people see him as a left back

Lack of options? No matter who we put there, it's going to be a case of square peg/round hole since we have no natural right wingers fit. Pardew will look for maximum defensive-protection, so it will be between Santon, Guthrie and Gosling I think - can't see Ben Arfa getting a look in as he doesn't have the work-rate to play that role. Out of the three, Santon would be the most sensible option since he's a natural wide player.

Fair enough, just wondered if it was something Pardew had hinted at. I'll be very surprised if it is Santon tbh.

The biggest arabic football website starts our match preview with "Newcastle are to take on Manchester City tommorw as they look to close the gap between them and the league leaders"  :smug:

:lol: Sounds like it was automatically generated on Football Manager.

Fair enough, just wondered if it was something Pardew had hinted at. I'll be very surprised if it is Santon tbh.

Santons actually said himself he can play on either side of midfield as well

doubt it will happen but I think its a decent shout, would help simpson a lot

I have a feeling of impending doom and am worried now that we are going to freeze and get hammered.

We might get beat, and maybe quite badly, but it won't be because we're scared or we don't work hard.

I would say the general mood amongst fans is more upbeat than it was prior to the Stoke game.

Also Santon started his career at right wing and is apparently competent and has played in all wide positions.