Norwich vs Newcastle - 10/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Pardew said: “Mike Williamson’s back around.

“He’s going to need a lot of work on the training ground to get himself up to speed, but we might have to accelerate that.

“He’s not that close – he’s definitely not playing at Norwich, or maybe the one after that.

“We’re going to have to see if we can speed him up a bit.”

Do people really think that playing Simpson in the centre as opposed to Santon is a good idea? I think Santon would be a much more steadier option there.

Based on what? He's played 15mins of Premier League football.

I'm guessing it has something to do with him being physically and defensively a lot better than Simpson.

Do people really think that playing Simpson in the centre as opposed to Santon is a good idea? I think Santon would be a much more steadier option there.

I'm guessing it has something to do with him being physically and defensively a lot better than Simpson.

If you say so. Wonder why he's not getting a look in then, if that's the case?

Martin Atkinson the ref for this, wonder what major f*** he will make, just hope its in our favour.

All of a sudden things just seem to be conspiring against us. Atkinson has been a terrible ref for us. Man City away last year went way beyond incompetence.

If you say so. Wonder why he's not getting a look in then, if that's the case?

I don't know exactly what his fitness is like but I mean even the Santon at Cesena recovering from injuries looked good enough to walk straight into our first team, so unless something has gone horribly wrong since he's arrived it's hard to work out why. That said purely for aerial ability I'd start him a head of Simpson at center back, not that either will be a great option mind.  :lol:

-----------------------Krul-----------------------

Gosling-----Simpson-----Perch-----Santon

-----------------------Tiote---------------------

Obertan-----Guthrie-----Cabaye-----Jonas

-----------------------Ba------------------------

Krul

Simpson Perch Kadar Santon

Tiote

Cabaye    Guthrie

Ben Arfa.                    Jonas

Ba

Based on from what I've seen of Santon at NUFC and Inter that he is streets ahead of Danny Simpson? He's a better build for a centre half than Simpson, also. Not to mention better on the ball. It's not ideal either way (Santon or Simpson as a makeshift) but that's just my opinion I guess.

Another alternative would be to throw caution to the wind try and renew the unsuccessful 3-5-2 we tried last season:

--------------------Krul--------------------

Simpson----------Perch----------Taylor

------Tiote/Guthrie------Cabaye-------

Obertan--------Ben Arfa---------Jonas

-------------Best------------Ba------------

Personally I think it would be a disaster wiating to happen, but it's an option.

Guest SuperShola!

Krul

Santon - Simpson - Perch - Raylor

Guthrie - Cabaye

Obertan - Ben Arfa - Jonas

Ba