Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Never any context in these arguments. Its about WHERE he loses the ball & what hes attempting at the time. Ofcourse all our players lose the ball, it doesnt always lead to dangerous counter attacks. His have done.

People have been on here enough times with "His teammates just arent on the same wavelength" making excuses for when its happened.

Did you enjoy watching Krul welly the ball down the pitch in the first half? What's the context of losing possession in that scenario?

And he did lose it countless times, tell me how many times he lost it?

Deary me, you are dim.  :lol:

Incredible that some people's first thought is to come and criticise Ben Arfa even when he was clearly our best player.

Needs to be played if only because he's the only winger we have who actually does wide play (other than err... Obertan :lol:)

Obviously he has his downfalls and I understand partially why he's not in the squad but the team is just flat-out non-functional with Jonas on one side and Raylor on the other.

When we're up against somebody with Sunderland who has the height at the back to cut out long balls and stuffs the center of the pitch to keep Cabaye out of the game, the only way we're ever getting through is by playing wide.

As it stands we can't do that without Ben Arfa, so we're just going to have to suck up his faults and figure out how to play him anyway.

Hopefully Pardew now realizes this.

Ben Arfa's a greedy beggar, of that there's no doubt. But when the alternative is hoof ball where you give the ball away constantly, there is no alternative in reality.

You make out that him being greedy is a bad thing?  It really isn't.

It is when you're trying to take on a 3rd man a yard from goal at the byline

It was his 'greediness' that got him into that position...

I didn't say he never loses it. But people only mention it when he loses it. For example Tiote lost it many times in far more dangerous positions today. And today HBA didn't lose it in dangerous positions.

Does lose the ball far too much but totally offset by the fact he does more with in than all our players combined bar Ba.

He doesn't lose it any more often than the other fuckers, it just gets noticed more because of the expectancy when he has the ball, and because Pardew's drawn attention to it.

He lost it countless times today

Did he fuck, man :lol: He lost it no more than Jonas did by running down blind-alleys. Lost it no more than every other played did in the first half by lumping it aimlessly long. I'm a million miles from his biggest fan but I'd love to see some statistics on how often each player wastes the ball, as I don't think Ben Arfa would be anywhere near the biggest culprit.

I'm not talking about Jonas, its HBA thread. And he did lose it countless times, tell me how many times he lost it?

Dunno, I didn't count :p It's a bollocks argument. He does lose the ball occasionally, but no more than other players, and it's offset by the fact that he's infinitely more likely to do something useful with it.

He might lose the ball a few times (no more than anyone else imo), but i would rather that then suffer the soul destroying hoof ball alternative.

He changed the game today and we were well ontop in the 2nd half even before Sessenperson went off.

People actually having a go at him after that performance. Jesus wept :lol:

No ones having a go at him for todays overall performance

Indeed, just the usual bunch with very little understanding of his role in the team.

Never any context in these arguments. Its about WHERE he loses the ball & what hes attempting at the time. Ofcourse all our players lose the ball, it doesnt always lead to dangerous counter attacks. His have done.

People have been on here enough times with "His teammates just arent on the same wavelength" making excuses for when its happened.

Did you enjoy watching Krul welly the ball down the pitch in the first half? What's the context of losing possession in that scenario?

No dont agree with it obviously. But when we lose the ball all our players are in position able to control an oppositions attack if we do. Same when Simpsons spaffs it out for a goalkick again or Jonas loses it pissing about on the wing.

Ben Arfa has done it running infield trying desperately to create, others move sideways of him to create a sideways pass. So when he loses it, we're open through the middle.

Does lose the ball far too much but totally offset by the fact he does more with in than all our players combined bar Ba.

He doesn't lose it any more often than the other fuckers, it just gets noticed more because of the expectancy when he has the ball, and because Pardew's drawn attention to it.

Did he fuck, man :lol: He lost it no more than Jonas did by running down blind-alleys. Lost it no more than every other played did in the first half by lumping it aimlessly long. I'm a million miles from his biggest fan but I'd love to see some statistics on how often each player wastes the ball, as I don't think Ben Arfa would be anywhere near the biggest culprit.

I'm not talking about Jonas, its HBA thread. And he did lose it countless times, tell me how many times he lost it?

Dunno, I didn't count :p It's a bollocks argument. He does lose the ball occasionally, but no more than other players, and it's offset by the fact that he's infinitely more likely to do something useful with it.

So countless right? ;)  :lol:

Anyway I'm not on his case, strongly for him actually, but he lost the ball today far too much, could be rusty since he's not getting game time...and on that will go back to my original comment, does far more with the ball than most of our players combined. Shame people aren't picking up on me saying that, from the start btw.  :undecided:

RE: Jonas.. said i'd have HBA on at HT for him in match thread.

Guest palnese

I'd love to see him and Santon down the right.

Ben Arfa cutting inside, leaving room for Santon to attack.

Ben Arfa's a greedy beggar, of that there's no doubt. But when the alternative is hoof ball where you give the ball away constantly, there is no alternative in reality.

You make out that him being greedy is a bad thing?  It really isn't.

It is when you're trying to take on a 3rd man a yard from goal at the byline

It was his 'greediness' that got him into that position...

Obviously you balance the options he has available with his own ability to make something happen. He had more dangerous options by that point that shouldve outweighed him wanting to go past another, he didnt need to.

If you're being literal. I'd be surprised if he lost the ball cheaply 5 times this afternoon.

HBA _is_ our Messi though, so what if he does lose the ball?

List of "most balls lost" in La Liga:

http://www.superdeporte.es/deportes/futbol/primera-division/estadisticas/balonesperdidos.html

Man, Pep should bench that Argie fella.

And VI wins the discussion[/end thread]

Again, the issue is not how much he loses the ball but where he has lost it & the situation that puts us in following that.

he lost the ball cheaply this afternoon.

What's with only quoting part of my posts man.  :lol:

http://www.superdeporte.es/deportes/futbol/primera-division/estadisticas/balonesperdidos.html

Again, the issue is not how much he loses the ball but where he has lost it & the situation that puts us in following that.

A lot of the time I'd argue this comes as a result of him being thrown on late when we're throwing men forward trying to rescue the match - it goes without saying that if we lose the ball in those circumstances we're going to be susceptible to a counter attack.

Oi, that was my point.  VI just provided the evidence - and many thanks to him.

So yeah, people can just shut-up now.

To be fair, that time where he skinned two players then got tackled trying to take on a third on the byline instead of pulling it back - there was an absolute shitload of that on those videos everyone was jizzing over when we were trying to sign him. I'm not convinced Pardew is capable of coaching it out of him, if it's even possible.

At what point did he lose it dangerously today?