Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest mimifrench

I dont know about you guys, but Ben Arfa is the player who brings out the most emotions in me. Good and bad.

I just want this lad to succeed here so bad.

I have followed him since the Lyon days, and always just waited for him to explode. And it never really happened.

Then he f***ing arrived in Newcastle, i had jizz knee high in my room that day  :lol:

Donno what it is, feels like he is the player who, hmm not sure how to put it...

He is the player that is what Newcastle is as a club, lots of potential, but just never seems to blossom.

Now they are united, f*** knows what happens next  :lol:

That sounds f***ing cheesy i know, but its how i feel  :aww:

It's exactly that! He's in the same time the passion (football's love) and frustration...

I'm not ashamed to say it's him who made me love football like that.

And just hope now, nobody in here will ever dare compare him to Sessegnon.  :lol:

When he took the ball and stopped in between 2 players, slowed them down n then accelerated was fantastic, unbelievable control at times. We have such a good foundation to build on this summer just hope we retain what we have and buy couple defenders

One of the rare breed who do not have to think about how best to control the ball at their feet as everything is instinctively under complete control. Instead he is looking at the opponents poise and balance and reads the opponents movement in order to keep that split second ahead with his evasion.

it is mastery of the game at its most beautiful level and he must not be left out of this team ever again or Pardew wants shooting with shit.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

They way he played those 35 first-half minutes yesterday were maybe the best I've seen an attacking player have here for quite some time.

Seriously, he looked better than freaking Arjen Robben for those 35 minutes.

Where can i find the photo of him waving to the away fans after the goal yesterday?

may be in here http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-GB&family=editorial&p=newcastle+united&assetType=image&src=quick

It's this picture: http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/hatem-ben-arfa-of-newcastle-united-celebrates-after-scoring-news-photo/141882786

But saw one picture at nufc.co.uk but that was only him and closer. And without the gettyimages thing.

http://i.imgur.com/rBNY7.jpg

O0

Guest NufcBano

Literally every time he gets the ball I yell, "Go on Benny"

Cant remember the last player we had that brings that out in myself......

love em

Guest NufcBano

Which players in this league would you swap him for? There are not many, for sheer excitement value.

Only the obvious.

what I will say is you look at Juan Mata. Look at his season. Would you swap Benny for Mata?

I wouldnt. Says a lot.

Can only think of David Silva who has been more effective overall this season..........but I still like Benny more. :D

Which players in this league would you swap him for? There are not many, for sheer excitement value.

No one and i mean that, theres no one like him in the league even Silva and Mata are more creators than dangerous forwards that create something out of nothing.

They way he played those 35 first-half minutes yesterday were maybe the best I've seen an attacking player have here for quite some time.

Seriously, he looked better than freaking Arjen Robben for those 35 minutes.

that's who he reminded me of. robben could be off in the summer, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Bayern hierarchy short-list him.

Despite him taking crazy risks and frustratingly giving the ball away at times it is a real excitement every time he gets the ball. Said it before but it reminds me of Robert and hoping he would shoot every time he got the ball within 60 yards of the opposition goal.

Really hope he is first choice now, frustratingly brilliant player.

Despite him taking crazy risks and frustratingly giving the ball away at times it is a real excitement every time he gets the ball. Said it before but it reminds me of Robert and hoping he would shoot every time he got the ball within 60 yards of the opposition goal.

In what way does he remind you of Robert? Their styles couldn't be more opposite.

Unless you mean about being excited everytime he gets the ball?

Guest guinness_fiend

Frustratingly brilliant sums it up nicely.  The problem that I have is that we're giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment because we're flying high.  If we start to dip and he doesn't start to pass a bit more, I can see him getting a lot of stick.  I hope I'm wrong, mind.

Exactly that, when either get the ball there is a very decent chance something sublime would happen. Not quite the same with other players, just something about them that really gets you going.