Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Yeah Jose is okay with wingers who try to knock it around him and run past, he just steps in the way but a tricky winger with ball at feet running at him is a weakness for him.

this exactly...the combination of speed, trickery and close control that hba can exhibit would be a worry for any FB to be honest

Ben Arfa's much better at running with it through the centre anyway as we saw against WBA numerous times and that amazing goal vs. Blackburn. He can go either way when he goes through the middle, whereas I think he's a lot more restricted on the right. I don't really see him getting the better of Enrique tbh.

He'll make a right cunt out of Jamie Carragher and the likes though

José's too thick to handle a player like HBA, it would mean he'd have to think which is usually where it goes wrong for him. I'm pretty confident our French wizard will have the better of him on Sunday, he's certainly got the skill, which is what José's struggled with in the past.

José's too thick to handle a player like HBA, it would mean he'd have to think which is usually where it goes wrong for him. I'm pretty confident our French wizard will have the better of him on Sunday, he's certainly got the skill, which is what José's struggled with in the past.

While I think HBA has enough about him to drive Jose nuts, I'd rather play him on the left and leave Jonas to pester him, mainly because I'm curious about how Jonas vs Jose will go down.

While I think HBA has enough about him to drive Jose nuts, I'd rather play him on the left and leave Jonas to pester him, mainly because I'm curious about how Jonas vs Jose will go down.

Aye, but this isn't the WWE, our plan isn't to create as many crowd-pleasing showdowns as we can. I'd much rather see HBA running at Jonas and making look a fool.

Aye, but this isn't the WWE, our plan isn't to create as many crowd-pleasing showdowns as we can. I'd much rather see HBA running at Jonas and making look a fool.

:lol:

anyway, I'd rather pit HBA against the weaker of the two fullbacks, we won't always win matches by pitting our best player against their best player.

I'm a bit worried at how over-confident people are about HBA ripping Jose a new one.

Let's just wait and see eh?

Agree, people talk about Jose as a "weak" link who HBA would just humiliate.

Jose is, as much as i hate to say it, a very very good LB. Strong and fast.

Will not be easy for HBA.

:lol:

anyway, I'd rather pit HBA against the weaker of the two fullbacks, we won't always win matches by pitting our best player against their best player.

thought had crossed my mind actually...think it'd probably disrupt things a bit much tho, maybe better to keep the forwards the same as west brom as they played so well

I'm a bit worried at how over-confident people are about HBA ripping Jose a new one.

Agree, people talk about Jose as a "weak" link who HBA would just humiliate.

Jose is, as much as i hate to say it, a very very good LB. Strong and fast.

Will not be easy for HBA.

Let HBA roam inside and have a go at Carragher instead then :pow:

I dont think anybody is saying ben arfa will definately rip jose a new one, but if we are going to get any joy down against him barfa is probably going to be the man to do it. Plus i cant see pardew changing anything from our team against west brom (except the colo injury of course).

Enrique is brilliant at getting back at players who have got past him, I'm not too sure he'll have the movement to handle a player like Ben Arfa who can go straight or can change direction so quickly with the ball under control.

Everyone is setting HBA up for a fall, he's not the most consistent.  If AP tweaks his tactics and HBA has to defend more, we could see another Norwich like performance.

However, if on form, I do see him as the sort of player to worry Jose.  Players that hug the touchline and knock it and run (Obertan, Walcott) get bossed by him.  Quick bursts of acceleration and tackling on his right foot are not Jose's strong points, he seems to take a while to get going, although once he is up and running, he is stupidly fast.

Hoping Ben Arfa gets a bit more of a free role like he did against WBA, would like to see him inside a bit more often.  Think he'll struggle a bit if he stays wide all game.

I remember Adam Johnson skinning Enrique a number of times last season at Eastlands. Ben Arfa has every chance of demolising Jose.

I think down the line there's a very small chance of getting past him. However, it's the players who cut inside from the flank that cause more problems for him i've found. I think Adam Johnson did that and scored from it iirc.

I remember Adam Johnson skinning Enrique a number of times last season at Eastlands. Ben Arfa has every chance of demolising Jose.

I think down the line there's a very small chance of getting past him. However, it's the players who cut inside from the flank that cause more problems for him i've found. I think Adam Johnson did that and scored from it iirc.

Only thing Adam Johnson does ffs. Hate players that only do one thing that they're good at, and then are shit at everything else. :mcclean:

Only thing Adam Johnson does ffs. Hate players that only do one thing that they're good at, and then are s*** at everything else. :mcclean:

His left foot is fantastic at striking the ball. He's one of the most accurate strikers of the ball within twenty yards of space. bit harsh to make out like he's got hardly any game, he's also got pace, decent feet and can cross ok

Johnson is a talented player but hes a bit of headless chicken hes what i like to call a "motd player" he will look good for 10-20 mins but the rest of the game he will go missing.

If Johnson can make Enrique look silly then HBA with the right service certainly can as already mentioned Enrique is fantastic at forcing players outwide and use speed and strength to his advantage but he does not like people coming inside of him where he cant use those tools.

Only thing Adam Johnson does ffs. Hate players that only do one thing that they're good at, and then are s*** at everything else. :mcclean:

His left foot is fantastic at striking the ball. He's one of the most accurate strikers of the ball within twenty yards of space. bit harsh to make out like he's got hardly any game, he's also got pace, decent feet and can cross ok

I'm not saying he's got hardly any game, it's just every time I've seen him he gets the ball on the right, cuts inside and either shoots or crosses. He's very good at that and it's effective, I'm just not sure how defenders aren't more wise to it. I'd say HBA has a better chance against Enrique as he's a more rounded attacking player, uses both feet more, has better close control, is a more agile dribbler etc

Guest sicko2ndbest

Jose's strength is against the winger going On the outside. HBA goes on the inside most of the time. I remember Adam Johnson ripping Jose a new one at the CoM last year when he came on!