Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Think he wore Adidas boots instead of his usual Nike ones vs WBA. Probably why he was so much better

Been wearing those Adidas for months now. ;)

Has he? I apologise :embarrassed:

Guest Tyson

Everything we did well came through Ben Arfa, he set us up and he destroyed WBA, I don't find him frustrating at all and I can't wait to see him on Sunday because he has the potential to put Liverpool to the sword.  He can do things that no other player at this club could even dream about doing and for that reason he can try anything he wants because when it works he’s devastating to the opposition.

He was almost given, or took a free role on Sunday and West Brom just couldn’t handle him and few teams could have handled him because of his control, movement, change of pace, great centre of balance and his reading of the game.

He’s a massive talent and he’s ours, he might be a nut job but so are we as a club.  Ben Arfa is the most exciting player we’ve had for years and to cap it off, it was his decision to come here when he turned up at the airport to force a deal through.  He could genuinely become a legend here and people could be talking about him for years and years.

De jong is an utter utter b****** for what he did, both to him and us because we've both been robbed of over a year of his career.

Top post, particularly the bolded bit, De Jong's a f***ing c***, that tackle was meant to hurt Hatem.

Definitely a hatchet-job, you could tell by his reaction immediately after. At the the very least to have the player in question (a ball carrier & creator) hearing footsteps for the remainder of the game ie. create some hesitancy there, play a simple but less damaging pass & release game. City's floating midfield enforcer tracked the opposition's most inflential creator (in the hole) and took him out >>>> mission accomplished!

Some things are best not suggested, but you wonder if brown paper bags (ie. bonus') are exchanged for that sort of thing. There's been a big stink about that over in the US ie. bonus' payed to defensive linemen & linebackers (or a blitzing safety) who take out the opposition's marquee offensive player with a big hit.

I love that he runs at defenders and they know exactly what he's going to do to them yet he still pulls it off.  Class.

I can't wait to see the look on Enrique's face next weekend when Hatem is about 10 yards away from him running full speed straight at him.

Guest Tyson

I love that he runs at defenders and they know exactly what he's going to do to them yet he still pulls it off.  Class.

I can't wait to see the look on Enrique's face next weekend when Hatem is about 10 yards away from him running full speed straight at him.

Enrique's arguably the best defensive FB in Europe. He can lock-down a flank, against a ball carrier. HBA will have to drift inside, in that roaming role more often.

As to whether Pards has the balls, against a better side, to follow through (and not start Obertan on the right) with it is another thing. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Enrique's arguably the best defensive FB in Europe. He can lock-down a flank, against a ball carrier. HBA will have to drift inside, in that roaming role more often.

As to whether Pards has the balls, against a better side, to follow through (and not start Obertan on the right) with it is another thing. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Best in Europe is beyond an exaggeration. He was very good defensively with us, but now his form has suffered. Besides even if your statement is remotely true, Enrique has yet to face HBA. Pardew permitting, we'll find out how good they both are!

Best in Europe is beyond an exaggeration. He was very good defensively with us, but now his form has suffered. Besides even if your statement is remotely true, Enrique has yet to face HBA. Pardew permitting, we'll find out how good they both are!

Enrique will have faced Ben Arfa many times in training, he's a very good defender but I bet he's shitting bricks about the possibility of what's coming on Sunday.

Pretty sure the statistics showed that Enrique was only beaten 7 times last year, 20 odd been the second best with Ashley Cole (?). They certainly isn't/wasn't many better defensive LB's in Europe. The bloke's an abslute beast.

Ben Arfa will give Enrique cause for concern simply because of how often he cuts inside. Try to take Enrique down the touchline and he'll generally eat you alive - come inside him and he struggles a lot more.

Ben Arfa will give Enrique cause for concern simply because of how often he cuts inside. Try to take Enrique down the touchline and he'll generally eat you alive - come inside him and he struggles a lot more.

:iamatwat:

:hmm:

Can anyone remember the Ben Arfa chant to Lola?

remember the lads in the corener trying to get it started but couldn't for the life of me figure what they were saying apart from 'laa la la ben aaarfa'

Enrique always struggled to cope with pacey, tricky wingers (who doesn't?).  I am sure I remember him having a few tough matches against Walcott?

Routledgegave him the run around in the Championship as well.

Enrique always struggled to cope with pacey, tricky wingers (who doesn't?).  I am sure I remember him having a few tough matches against Walcott?

I've always thought he has had walcott in his back pocket almost every game he played against him? including this year when arsenal played liverpool. In fact the arsenal away game was the first time i properly missed Jose when Santon was getting in a bit of bother against him.