Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Howaythetoon

The only other player I can remember in black and white with quicker feet and better close ball control than Ben Arfa was none other than Peter Beardsley. Unlike Beardsley though, Ben Arfa has real pace and a certain unpredictability about him that makes him, for me, a more exciting player. In fact he's arguably the most exciting player on the ball we've had since Ginola.

Hopefully Tiote breaks Jose's leg before Hatem has the chance to embarrass him.

Woah. Bit extreme no?

This extreme?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qxo4wVfBjmM/TZoWhkL9QgI/AAAAAAAAAFs/sKKGu451GoQ/s1600/320162_res1_TeamXtreme.jpg

Hopefully Tiote breaks Jose's leg before Hatem has the chance to embarrass him.

Woah. Bit extreme no?

This extreme?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qxo4wVfBjmM/TZoWhkL9QgI/AAAAAAAAAFs/sKKGu451GoQ/s1600/320162_res1_TeamXtreme.jpg

Lita  :smug:

Guest Tyson

If he keeps performing at this level (mainly WBA, but he's been very effective whenever he's featured this year) and there are no more doubts about him being able to regain his old level after the injury he suffered last season, do people expect "bigger" clubs to come knocking in the summer? I seriously hope not, and I would like to think Hatem realises we are the right club for him right now and for years to come, but if it were to happen, what would be the minimum you would sell him for?

I agree with others in that the last thing we want to talk about is selling, but tbh the quality of his goals so far and his phenomenal assists ratio just radiates class and end product of the highest order. Whether he can rein in his tendency to hold onto the ball too long sometimes is the only question mark. If he gets any sort of consistency over the next season there is going to be bids landing from all over the place because this type of talent is in limited supply.

What we've got going for us though is that we've built up a nice French contingent here and the players seem to be very happy unlike Msr. Sessegnon :lol:

I don't think players are in a hurry to leave whether it's Ba, Tiote or down the line Ben Arfa.

Just keep the Frenchmen, of North African bloodlines away from him  ;)

Regarded as the best player (in terms of pure talent) of his generation, which included the likes of Nasri & Benzema, but has been flawed & fragile genius on & off the pitch. Whereas Benzema in particular, who had his early off-the-field problems too, matured. Ben Arfa has built-up a lengthy rap-sheet, and has been slow to mature.

The rap-sheet of petulance that plagued him in France, even before making the switch to OM, attracted too many notable doubters. Speaks volumes that somebody like Wenger who once targetted him and has worked before with prospects deemed to have lost their way (after previously impressing on the French Yth Stage) avoided him. It's highly probable that the bigger clubs (who are well aware of his natural talent) have been waiting years for him to finally mature. I have no doubt that in the wake of the injury he's had plenty of time to reflect on what has been a wasted career so far. The circumstances were unfortunate, but he's had the opportunity to assess & re-evaluate. A reformed & focused Ben Arfa, both as a person & player, is what the really big-spenders have been waiting for IMHO.

If he keeps performing at this level (mainly WBA, but he's been very effective whenever he's featured this year) and there are no more doubts about him being able to regain his old level after the injury he suffered last season, do people expect "bigger" clubs to come knocking in the summer? I seriously hope not, and I would like to think Hatem realises we are the right club for him right now and for years to come, but if it were to happen, what would be the minimum you would sell him for?

I agree with others in that the last thing we want to talk about is selling, but tbh the quality of his goals so far and his phenomenal assists ratio just radiates class and end product of the highest order. Whether he can rein in his tendency to hold onto the ball too long sometimes is the only question mark. If he gets any sort of consistency over the next season there is going to be bids landing from all over the place because this type of talent is in limited supply.

What we've got going for us though is that we've built up a nice French contingent here and the players seem to be very happy unlike Msr. Sessegnon :lol:

I don't think players are in a hurry to leave whether it's Ba, Tiote or down the line Ben Arfa.

Just keep the Frenchmen, of North African bloodlines away from him  ;)

Regarded as the best player (in terms of pure talent) of his generation, which included the likes of Nasri & Benzema, but has been flawed & fragile genius on & off the pitch. Whereas Benzema in particular, who had his early off-the-field problems too, matured. Ben Arfa has built-up a lengthy rap-sheet, and has been slow to mature.

The rap-sheet of petulance that plagued him in France, even before making the switch to OM, attracted too many notable doubters. Speaks volumes that somebody like Wenger who once targetted him and has worked before with prospects deemed to have lost their way (after previously impressing on the French Yth Stage) avoided him. It's highly probable that the bigger clubs (who are well aware of his natural talent) have been waiting years for him to finally mature. I have no doubt that in the wake of the injury he's had plenty of time to reflect on what has been a wasted career so far. The circumstances were unfortunate, but he's had the opportunity to assess & re-evaluate. A reformed & focused Ben Arfa, both as a person & player, is what the really big-spenders have been waiting for IMHO.

You are the memorable Souness-hater The Shaman!

Another slick performance required from BenArfa this Sunday. Enrique is probably one of the best LBs I have seen play for us but I reckon he will meet his match on Sunday.

Does Carragher still play for them? If so target his position as he has absolutely no pace whatsoever...

Another slick performance required from BenArfa this Sunday. Enrique is probably one of the best LBs I have seen play for us but I reckon he will meet his match on Sunday.

Does Carragher still play for them? If so target his position as he has absolutely no pace whatsoever...

I don't think many Liverpool fans rate Carragher anymore. :lol: I certainly hope he plays, I can see Cisse giving him a torrid time with his movements and pace.

I remember Adam Johnson skinning Enrique a number of times last season at Eastlands. Ben Arfa has every chance of demolising Jose.

I think down the line there's a very small chance of getting past him. However, it's the players who cut inside from the flank that cause more problems for him i've found. I think Adam Johnson did that and scored from it iirc.

Aye. Remember Enrique having a really dodgy game at Fulham against Duff too, with him cutting inside him on his left all the time.

Guest Roger Kint

He got done twice off Victor fucking Moses in the first half last weekend, no doubt be back on form on Sunday though.

Enrique would stop all width on the right against anyone, ripe for another 4-3-3 allowing HBA to cut inside. People forget Enrique was easily one of our best players for the previous 2 seasons that he was sold .

Enrique would stop all width on the right against anyone, ripe for another 4-3-3 allowing HBA to cut inside. People forget Enrique was easily one of our best players for the previous 2 seasons that he was sold .

He's been poor since Christmas though.

He's been poor since Christmas though.

Ah fair play, hadn't kept up to speed with him at at Liverpool recently, just that they thought he was transfer of the season for the PL. He must be getting as disillusioned as he was with us, poor bloke.

Totally understand why he left, the line he peddled from January was always, 'I'm not signing until I see the club has ambition', and by halfway through the summer we'd not signed 'owt and further sold Kevin Nolan. Would cheer him if he came back to us, one of my favourite Newcastle players of recent years.