Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Thought he was absolutely world class, will be astonished if we keep him after that.

Lol but srsly, i think he'll start at least one of the group games (if not the next one), and be a real threat for France. Don't know why he was introduced so late today, when it was clear as day the French were tiring and needed to add some attacking impetus.

Guest Spiria

Blanc thinks he is god xDDDD

Ben arfa trending on twitter for France and he plays 6 mins xD What a joke.

Thought he was absolutely world class, will be astonished if we keep him after that.

Lol but srsly, i think he'll start at least one of the group games (if not the next one), and be a real threat for France. Don't know why he was introduced so late today, when it was clear as day the French were tiring and needed to add some attacking impetus.

wasn't someone on here today saying about how blanc does that with his subs ?

5 minutes before we brought on our replacement we looked fucked, most players really flagging.  Would have been the perfect time to send on Hatem and/or Menez and possibly Valbuena to really stretch our tired legs.  It would have also lead to a difficult introduction for any subs we would have then made...

I was only really bothered about Ben Arfa actually going to the Euro's and making the squad for the sake of his happiness. Bonus if he doesn't play too much and stays injury free imo

5 minutes before we brought on our replacement we looked f***ed, most players really flagging.  Would have been the perfect time to send on Hatem and/or Menez and possibly Valbuena to really stretch our tired legs.  It would have also lead to a difficult introduction for any subs we would have then made...

check out hatem garrincha's post from earlier on today. got blanc spot on.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91227.msg3752752.html#msg3752752

Guest hatem garrincha

5 minutes before we brought on our replacement we looked f***ed, most players really flagging.  Would have been the perfect time to send on Hatem and/or Menez and possibly Valbuena to really stretch our tired legs.  It would have also lead to a difficult introduction for any subs we would have then made...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91227.msg3752752.html#msg3752752

Nasri man of the match today but he doesn't like to play on the right. Debuchy was frequently alone on that side and Hatem shoud have replace Malouda earlier in the second half.

France also needed a player like Giroud today, Benzema playing too depth but Blanc kept him on the bench...

To be brutally honest, those 8 minutes probably did more harm than good in terms of him getting into the team. Didn't have the time to do anything positive, which is fair enough/only to be expected, but he actually managed to lose the ball 3 or 4 times pretty cheaply (including one in his own half close to the 90 minute mark, giving England the chance to break forward), which could have been costly for France on another day. Given that he's the main player I'm looking forward to watching in this competition and the annoyance of seeing the likes of Malouda ahead of him on the team sheet, it's a tad disappointing that he wasn't more focused as I'm desperate for him to do well (for NUFC ultimately).

Nasri man of the match today but he doesn't like to play on the right. Debuchy was frequently alone on that side and Hatem shoud have replace Malouda earlier in the second half.

France also needed a player like Giroud today, Benzema playing too depth but Blanc kept him on the bench...

I have barely even seen the guy play (highlight reels  :lol:), but I was saying this to my mate.

The amount of times you got it in wide areas and looked to cross, or did cross, you had nobody in the box.  Debuchy was very impressive going forward and whipped in some great balls.  But it was always about 4 England players and maybe 1 French player if that, in the box.

To be brutally honest, those 8 minutes probably did more harm than good in terms of him getting into the team. Didn't have the time to do anything positive, which is fair enough/only to be expected, but he actually managed to lose the ball 3 or 4 times pretty cheaply (including one in his own half close to the 90 minute mark, giving England the chance to break forward), which could have been costly for France on another day. Given that he's the main player I'm looking forward to watching in this competition and the annoyance of seeing the likes of Malouda ahead of him on the team sheet, it's a tad disappointing that he wasn't more focused as I'm desperate for him to do well (for NUFC ultimately).

What? That's an utter fiction. I was (naturally) watching him intently, he lost the ball once through trying too hard (which he then went on to tackle and get it to another France player, winning it back). He may have lost it another time that I'm forgetting, but to say he lost the ball 3 or 4 times in 6 minutes is just bollocks.

I remember him losing it once on the edge of Englands box. Every other time he had it was little short passes. You'll have to point out these other 3 times he gave it away.

Guest Spiria

Hatem Ben Arfa nonchalant post-match. "Well, we didn't lose". Request for more met with perfectly accented "I'm sorry I don't speak english".

I see a few links to Chelsea for £18m beginning to surface... Can't see why they would need him with Hazard and Mata...

They fucking don't need him at all. Abramovich would buy him just to park him on the bench so he couldn't play for us.

Ashley would probably bite for £18m too.