Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Aye but not a sign of making the wrong decisions is it. Barfa is trying to do to much, everyone said it weeks ago during his first chances & we're still saying it weeks later. The lad almost has to much belief in himself trying flicks & taking on 2/3 players. Hes been out a year & come back to a league hes never played in. He should be keeping it more simple in the majority and progressing gradually in what he tries.

Ben Arfa is likely to take too many touches while trying to do something to keep him in the team, he hasn't the luxury of being able to do anything else.

Agreed. He is overworking the ball conscious of the fact that he feels he needs to do special things to keep a foothold in the side. Must be very difficult time for him.

I've  a feeling Ben Arfa will end up somewhere like Galatasaray this summer or next.  Could really see him in Istanbul, like Quaresma. PSG a possibility too I guess.

Sadly I just don't think its going to happen here.  Hope I am wrong as his skill is unquestionable  and we need players like him.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Still don't see it as a fair comparison. If we compared players over 4 games then Ba would be deemed worse than Best after the first 4 (or even 7) games of the season.

To look over someones stats after 5 starts and compare them as an attacking player to someone with 21 starts (17 of them in defence) doesn't make sense.

The problem is that you refuse to compare their respective attacking game but at the same time you compare willingly their defensive contribution to justify the presence of Taylor in place of Ben Arfa.

Absolute nonsense, I have already said HBA is obviously the better attacking player. Just don't think stats like that have any relevance at all.

Are you on the forum as a Newcastle fan or a Ben Arfa fan? If it's the latter there probably isn't any need for a 'debate', I care about the team more than individuals.

But you primarily found this forum as a Ben Arfa fan?

It would be like discussing the pros and cons of gay marriage with Elton John, may agree with a lot of the points but there wouldn't be any actual sensible debate. No offence :pow:

:spit: ;D apparently used the same trick when you're short of argument whether in french than you

Guest hatem garrincha

Still don't see it as a fair comparison. If we compared players over 4 games then Ba would be deemed worse than Best after the first 4 (or even 7) games of the season.

To look over someones stats after 5 starts and compare them as an attacking player to someone with 21 starts (17 of them in defence) doesn't make sense.

The problem is that you refuse to compare their respective attacking game but at the same time you compare willingly their defensive contribution to justify the presence of Taylor in place of Ben Arfa.

Absolute nonsense, I have already said HBA is obviously the better attacking player. Just don't think stats like that have any relevance at all.

Are you on the forum as a Newcastle fan or a Ben Arfa fan? If it's the latter there probably isn't any need for a 'debate', I care about the team more than individuals.

It would be like discussing the pros and cons of gay marriage with Elton John, may agree with a lot of the points but there wouldn't be any actual sensible debate. No offence :pow:

:spit: ;D apparently used the same trick when you're short of argument whether in french than you

:lol: Let it flow.

Guest hatem garrincha
Waddle told the Chronicle: “Ben Arfa is Ben Arfa. He had the same type of problems at Marseille.

“He is unpredictable on his day, but we have also seen what he can do on other days as well.

“He scored a world-class goal against Blackburn.

His problem has always been consistency, he is always in and out.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/11/toon-army-will-take-hats-off-to-ben-arfa-if-he-starts-playing-consistently-72703-30308955/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1m4mko0Q3

Waddle knows the lad.

Guest hatem garrincha
“I grew up with Jinky Jim Smith and you can see a bit of Jinky in Ben Arfa.

“Yes, Jinky was all right foot but he would have a game when he would turn everybody inside out and then you would have a game when people would think, ‘why are they playing him?’

“Newcastle fans have always wanted an entertainer.

“Whether it has been Asprilla or Ginola, they have always had that type of player who they enjoy watching.

“They come out with stuff which probably frustrates their own players, but then do something special, produce one or two bits of individual brilliance that most players cannot do.

“It’s the sort of stuff which will have people talking about it on the bus or the train on the way home from the match.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/11/toon-army-will-take-hats-off-to-ben-arfa-if-he-starts-playing-consistently-72703-30308955/2/#ixzz1m4qiqipp

Waddle  O0

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

:lol: Let it flow.

j'ai saturé  :rolleyes:

no but it's funny there was this debate several times

every time the guy asks you to watch the states *

and we realize he has a better ratio than its direct competitor

it's like the story om when he returns from his vacation and supposedly on weight

and he finished first at the beginning of physical tests seasons  ;)

Hatem is basically the new Tino.

We need him to develop and become the new Rooney instead. That's the sort of role he should be playing as a no 10. Granted it's a lot easier with a team like Man U but even so he's not a million miles away if he learns to release the a little ball earlier.

Surely that works both ways though. To say that he can't be objective on HBA because he supports HBA would also mean you can't be objective in your assessment of NUFC because you support NUFC? If you don't want to debate the point, fair enough, no need to be accusatory

Seemingly so far down the pecking order it's daft. I'm not one of these who puts one player above the good of the team but we should have sold him in January if there is no intention of using him even when the match is lost. Use the money to keep Colo or Ba.