Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Haris Vuckic

To be fair he came close to goal twice in his short time on the pitch, seemed to display an obvious lack of match practice too with a couple of dodgy touches.

Shearmagic,

Unfortunately with some people on here he can not do anything wrong.

If he plays well - OMG he is the best player ever

If he plays bad - Its all Pardew's fault, it was the tactics, it was the other 10 players, he's not fit, pardew has mismanaged him, he forgot to have his weatabix this morning, he did nothing wrong and its not his fault.

Its getting to the point where as soon as someone says anything negative about him they get jumped on.

And ain't that the truth.

If he was as good as he is made out to be he wouldn't be at NUFC in the 1st place he'd be at Barcelona or AC Milan or Man Utd.

:lol: gobshite

Guest neesy111

I just want to see him being given a chance (i.e. run of games) and not have a huge pressure to perform to 100% whenever he's on the field which Obertan amazingly got away with.

If Pardew does'nt consider him a winger then he's done for iam afraid........ the only other formation that could fit him in what Pardew believes his best role and play 2 strikers is a 4-3-1-2 and the more study this system the more i realise that such a system would never work in England due to a lack of width.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Shearmagic,

Unfortunately with some people on here he can not do anything wrong.

If he plays well - OMG he is the best player ever

If he plays bad - Its all Pardew's fault, it was the tactics, it was the other 10 players, he's not fit, pardew has mismanaged him, he forgot to have his weatabix this morning, he did nothing wrong and its not his fault.

Its getting to the point where as soon as someone says anything negative about him they get jumped on.

And ain't that the truth.

If he was as good as he is made out to be he wouldn't be at NUFC in the 1st place he'd be at Barcelona or AC Milan or Man Utd.

:lol: gobshite

Interestingly AC Milan tried to sign him when we did! :)

The logic doesn't follow though really. We know he's a great player, a mistake or two doesn't override that.

When Messi miscontrols the ball we don't suddenly change our opinion on him. It's clear HBA is a class act, he just needs a chance to show it. 

He's shown he can be an extremely gifted player at times, but that does not make him a great player.

The fact that he's mid-20's and unable to hold down a first team place at his 3rd club, suggests he's not the player he/some people think he is.

That said, would like to see him start for the rest of the season.

Well we could argue this for ever, in fact we have for nearly 200 pages. My opinion is he is a brilliant player and would show it regularly if he had confidence shown in him. Nothing much to add beyond that.

I'm somewhere near this but importantly I think as nufc fans there's an important alteration to this to be made. The point isnt whether he's brilliant or not, it's whether he offers more to the team than Raylor or Obertan (or Best earlier in the season) and for me it's obvious that he does. I think he's being left out for his lack of defensive attributes (not work rate!) and in my opinion that's a sad state of affairs, I hope that Pardew is planning on making him a regular next season with a better functioning defence behind him. As i've said, we don't need 11 defenders.

The fact that he's mid-20's and unable to hold down a first team place at his 3rd club, suggests he's not the player he/some people think he is.

didn't some of the HBA fans from france come and debunk this when he first arrived?  what i mean is can anyone say he's 100% at fault for not holding his place at NUFC?  i seem to recall that deshcamps "pardewed" him at marseilles but before that he was playing a lot (?), lyon i don't recall

he might be 24/5 but he's also had 2 huge injuries in his career that have held him back as well

what i find frustrating is that it actually looks like we've got the mature version of HBA on our hands, he's said he's not gonna upset the apple cart, has learned from his past in this respect etc. etc.  yet the poor lad never gets to play and show where else that maturity might manifest itself...make no mistake, if he leaves and goes to a club with a decent manager he'll do well like

Guest Dontooner

I actually think he is played in the wrong position, as a dominant lefty,i think it is very difficult to tackle on the right side. He gets close to people but can't stick his foot out to tackle ( his running style is probably another problem). Its even worst when he chases from behind becoz its the wrong foot to tackle from the right.

His probably plays better on the left which is where he started for us before his bad injury. Not sure he has being fully tried out in other places...Not asking Jonas to be dropped but goodness sake, give Jonas a rest at times, he is but human. It explains his lack of form sometimes, its not that Jonas is playing bad but he is just way too tired during some matches. Over used horses wont win you a race. Not surprise to see him play well after a 2 week break tbh.

The logic doesn't follow though really. We know he's a great player, a mistake or two doesn't override that.

When Messi miscontrols the ball we don't suddenly change our opinion on him. It's clear HBA is a class act, he just needs a chance to show it. 

He's shown he can be an extremely gifted player at times, but that does not make him a great player.

That said, would like to see him start for the rest of the season.

Saved by the last sentence. :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

what i find frustrating is that it actually looks like we've got the mature version of HBA on our hands, he's said he's not gonna upset the apple cart, has learned from his past in this respect etc. etc.  yet the poor lad never gets to play and show where else that maturity might manifest itself...make no mistake, if he leaves and goes to a club with a decent manager he'll do well like

Until he gets sick here and decides to turn up at an airport somewhere in Europe ofc, hopefully by then Dave will have posted the telephone number for the samaritans as Newcastle-Online will be on suicide watch.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye, because we'd have lost an exceptionally talented flair play mismanaged and kept out of the team by Ryan fucking Taylor.

Until he gets sick here and decides to turn up at an airport somewhere in Europe ofc, hopefully by then Dave will have posted the telephone number for the samaritans as Newcastle-Online will be on suicide watch.

Dead Flag Blues will just be embedded in every page :lol: 

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yet when asked if ever visits Sunderland, he said in tongue-and-cheek manner: “I don’t, perhaps because there is nothing there?”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/29/hatem-ben-arfa-can-t-wait-for-first-tyne-wear-derby-72703-30427568/#ixzz1nlUTBCuj

Lee Ryder is a hopelessly bad journo. Such a shame.

Guest hatem garrincha
He went close to grabbing a winner late on, but was also guilty of giving the ball away in dangerous areas.

It had boss Alan Pardew frustrated on the sidelines, but the Magpies manager has refused to criticise the enigmatic star too much.

“When Hatem goes in-field, he can’t take people on in front of our back four,” said Pardew.

“I don’t want to criticise him, as I think he’s had enough of that.

“I think he’s trying his hardest to do it in the right areas, and he almost won it for us with that fantastic hit towards the end.

“It wasn’t far away. I was right behind it, and I thought it would just curl in

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/tyne_wear_derby_is_big_and_beautiful_ben_arfa_1_4295729

Pardew's made such a pig's ear of this situation. :lol:

He should seriously just shut up. He actually used to be decent at interviews, but of late he seriously looks like he is under real pressure with shite interviews.