Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Superb performance, I think we all know that this lad is a class act (well apart from that divv that wanted him to play in the reserves) and it is really clicking now. I still believe he should have been played more often earlier on BUT all's well that ends well. Just excited for the remaining 8 games of the season

That trio of Ba-Cisse-Ben Arfa is just class, they still need to get used to playing with each other which is very exciting

Even with just 1 more signing (LB) we could have a quality side for next season, Tiote in place of Guthrie, Saylor back in and Santon on the right

Is there something you know that I don't?

Nah, just that they have not played that many games together, reckon they will get better the more they play and build an understanding

Superb performance, I think we all know that this lad is a class act (well apart from that divv that wanted him to play in the reserves) and it is really clicking now. I still believe he should have been played more often earlier on BUT all's well that ends well. Just excited for the remaining 8 games of the season

That trio of Ba-Cisse-Ben Arfa is just class, they still need to get used to playing with each other which is very exciting

Even with just 1 more signing (LB) we could have a quality side for next season, Tiote in place of Guthrie, Saylor back in and Santon on the right

Is there something you know that I don't?

Nah, just that they have not played that many games together, reckon they will get better the more they play and build an understanding

Good point, WBA away was only the second time they have played together is a front 3 in a 4-3-3 and the first time we actually played it along the ground......

It's clearly in the infant stages atm i expect it to get better ( amazing to say so ) but its true.

for his own goal i kinda wish the defender had made a challenge 'cause you know hba would have left him on his arse...worst part is that the defender knew it too, and evidently deemed it preferable to just stand up and not look as foolish :lol:

can see that happening a lot in the bear future, he's gonna torture average defenders like

Just before he scored, the slight feint where le looked like he was going to shoot then just shifted it before putting it away....you can't put into words the magic in stuff like that. Any football fan outside of wearside must look forward to watching this lad play.

for his own goal i kinda wish the defender had made a challenge 'cause you know hba would have left him on his arse...worst part is that the defender knew it too, and evidently deemed it preferable to just stand up and not look as foolish :lol:

can see that happening a lot in the bear future, he's gonna torture average defenders like

Just before he scored, the slight feint where le looked like he was going to shoot then just shifted it before putting it away....you can't put into words the magic in stuff like that. Any football fan outside of wearside must look forward to watching this lad play.

That shift is what caused the defender to lose his footing. He was anticipating the shot then had to try and extend further due to the shift, causing the slip. HBA made him slip, there was nothing fortunate for HBA as Redknapp tried to make out.

That shift is what caused the defender to lose his footing. He was anticipating the shot then had to try and extend further due to the shift, causing the slip. HBA made him slip, there was nothing fortunate for HBA as Redknapp tried to make out.

Exactly what I was screaming at the TV, really pissed me off that.  When they tracked his run on MOTD, you can clearly see where he jinks at the last second, as the line skews off, hence why Olsson slips.  Really crafty that, did it with such pace that you barely notice it until you see the replay.

Was anyone else screaming for him to pass it yesterday?  Only for him to then skin about 5 players in a row  :lol:

That was just to steal some space to make the angle. It's all instictive. It's poetry basically. Hit the shot with a bit of top so it didn't come back toward the keeper (no curl).

edit: And what Lenny said earlier. ^^

Guest NufcBano

I absolutely love him.

Thats all I have to say.

Except, his Sky interview after the game made me love him even more. Seems like a genuine nice lad with all this 'trouble maker' with a bad attitude talk seem a bit laughable.

Strange that he's much more faster with the ball on his feet than without it...

Theres a lot of players like that, Kaka in his prime was like that id argue Messi is aswell......

It's using pure dribbling skill and pace in combination which is devastating as Yohan Cruyff once said "the ball is faster than any man"

He meant it in a passing sense, but i think it applies here too.

you do get to see Andrews desperately try to bust a gut to get back after Benny skips his challenge.  It'll do.

He knows people are scared to make a challenge as well, which he uses to great advantage in those situations where he just carries on going straight when defenders are anticipating a move.

Never seen him go down easy either, what a guy.

Was anyone else screaming for him to pass it yesterday?  Only for him to then skin about 5 players in a row  :lol:

Happened a couple of times in the pub I was watching in - pass it, pass it, PASS IT <Insert Mazy Run Here>

Or, you could maybe just do that instead....  :kasper:

Guest firetotheworks

The last player I've enjoyed watching this much for us was Ginola. Not even Robert got me out my seat in the way that Ben Arfa, Ginola and Beardsley have.

Guest mimifrench

I absolutely love him.

Thats all I have to say.

Except, his Sky interview after the game made me love him even more. Seems like a genuine nice lad with all this 'trouble maker' with a bad attitude talk seem a bit laughable.

He's not a trouble maker and has never been. Pure invention of his detractors.

I absolutely love him.

Thats all I have to say.

I don't know like, there was that whole going on strike and flying over here without anyone's permission thing. :lol:

I absolutely love him.

Thats all I have to say.

I don't know like, there was that whole going on strike and flying over here without anyone's permission thing. :lol:

Didn't that come about because Deschamps was messing him about?

He's got the potential to be an absolute legend here. The beginning of his toon career, the photo in the airport, the goal against Everton then that horrific leg break, it all makes him so much easier to love. I've got a feeling he realises just how much of an impact he can make long term at this club as well. Exciting times.