Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Hatem's A Hero For Pardew

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Alan Pardew believes he could now play Hatem Ben Arfa anywhere in Newcastle United's side, revealing 'the penny has dropped' with the French forward.

Ben Arfa has been outstanding in recent weeks as the Magpies have recorded three successive victories over Norwich, West Bromwich Albion and Liverpool.

Against the Reds on Sunday, the former Marseille man was instrumental in a 2-0 win, constantly tormenting the visitors' defence and having a hand in both of Papiss Cisse's goals.

And Pardew explained that Ben Arfa - who has had to be patient for a regular run in the starting line-up - is now fully adapted to life in the Premier League.

"I am very pleased. When you have a player who has a special talent, sometimes they look at you as a manager and they want to play," said the boss.

"He wasn't fit. He had worked really, really hard, but he wasn't actually match-fit. He was fit, but not match-fit, not really sure of how we played and in the Premier League, the transition of play, where he should be and where he shouldn't be.

"He has taken on board and he has listened to me and he as listened to my staff and he has been very, very diligent.

"I was quite confident that the penny would drop. I know it's an old-fashioned cliche, but I think it probably has with Hatem.

"Now I could actually put him anywhere on the pitch and he would know what to do."

And with Euro 2012 on the horizon, Pardew believes Les Bleus could do a lot worse than taking a look at the eight-times-capped forward for their squad.

"That's why nothing would give me more pleasure than for him to make the French squad, and I think he can," said Pardew.

"He has got some individual ability that I would be very surprised if France has that in the squad in terms of what he can do to a team.

"Even if he was to be taken as an impact player, he's got a great opportunity and he is in great shape."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120402/hatems-a-hero-for-pardew_2281670_2709498

When you are watching on television and when he gets the ball, you can just feel our crowd and hear them sort of collectively urge him to destroy his man and run with it - sort of go on son. Its fucking brilliant to watch and hear.

Guest icemanblue

It is quite a sight to see thousands of grown men inch forward excitedly, or stand altogether, as soon as he gets the ball with space ahead of him. That's what football is all about, for me.

I spoke to a lot of French people over the last year or so, and most of them had no clue about football. But they all lit up when talking about Ben Arfa, the kid will be in the Euro squad.

Guest icemanblue

It is quite a sight to see thousands of grown men inch forward excitedly, or stand altogether, as soon as he gets the ball with space ahead of him. That's what football is all about, for me.

Hmmmm. :hmm:

Homo-eroticism, innit. Can't get enough.

:snod: It's great having a player who can do that.

I struggle to remember when a player receiving the ball filled the stadium with such an air of expectation.

Probably too late for him to make the French squad? I don't think France have great players on the right, but he's been out of the picture for a while now.

From what I gather, Blanc really likes/rates him so I reckon there's still an outside chance of Hatem making the squad.

Probably too late for him to make the French squad? I don't think France have great players on the right, but he's been out of the picture for a while now.

Not at all, Blanc loves him and if he continues like this i actually expect him to make the squad.

Like to see them line up like this from a football fan point of view......

Lloris

Debuchy Rami Sakho LB

Cabaye M'Vila

Ben Arfa Benzema Ribery

Remy/Giroud

I am undecided about LB purely because Abidal is obviously out and Evra is supposedly next in line and hes crap.

I suppose moving Sakho out there and playing Mexes, Koscielny or Mbiwa at CB but they do look a threat on paper.

But dont they always?

Not at all, Blanc loves him and if he continues like this i actually expect him to make the squad.

Like to see them line up like this from a football fan point of view......

Lloris

Debuchy Rami Sakho LB

Cabaye M'Vila

Ben Arfa Benzema Ribery

Remy/Giroud

I am undecided about LB purely because Abidal is obviously out and Evra is supposedly next in line and hes crap.

I suppose moving Sakho out there and playing Mexes, Koscielny or Mbiwa at CB but they do look a threat on paper.

But dont they always?

That looks unreal, they will batter England.

Guest hatem garrincha

Surely Blanc can't take Malouda over him?

Blanc has said that he'll only take players who regularly play with their clubs.

Will Blanc respect his word ? I'm not sure. He could argue about the "group's stability" or the "experience" of Malouda.

Nasri is also concerned.

And in term of talent, bar Benzema, I can tell you, there's not a single player of the french squad at the level of HBA.