Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest hatem garrincha

Even if he's having a stinker, Ben Arfa should never ever be subbed off unless he has an injury or runs the risk of a red card. Even when he's not playing well he is still a goal threat and someone the opposition will always be s*** scared of.

Fulham for example this season. Poor first half and very good second half + winner.

You never know when he wakes up  :lol:

He got a 'telling off' as you will at half time from Pardew and benefited from it. That was actually good management tbf to him.

:lol:

How do you know that ? You were in the dressing room at HT ?

Even if he's having a stinker, Ben Arfa should never ever be subbed off unless he has an injury or runs the risk of a red card. Even when he's not playing well he is still a goal threat and someone the opposition will always be s*** scared of.

Fulham for example this season. Poor first half and very good second half + winner.

He got a 'telling off' as you will at half time from Pardew and benefited from it. That was actually good management tbf to him.

Pardew mentioned it in his press conference afterwards, can't remember exacting wording, was something like 'had to have a word with Hatem at half time,i felt he was slowing us down', can't remember the whole spiel but it was something like that, then basically licked his bum hole for how good his second half was.

Pardew mentioned it in his press conference afterwards, can't remember exacting wording, was something like 'had to have a word with Hatem at half time,i felt he was slowing us down', can't remember the whole spiel but it was something like that, then basically licked his bum hole for how good his second half was.

If that's true, why didn't he try the same approach against Everton?

Guest hatem garrincha

That's the problem with Pardew. When a player is bad, it's the player fault, who has to make way next match for the likes of Williamson and Jonas.

But when he's good, it's due to his half-time talk.

“I said to Hatem at half-time, ‘you need to seriously think about what you’re doing, because you’re slowing us down and making poor decisions with the ball’.”

That was the quote from him. As for Everton, i don't know. Probably didn't trust him to listen to any defensive tactics  :lol:

I do think HBA took the wrong option a few times against Everton. Just because he's playing on his 'wrong side' doesn't mean a guy with his talent can't be effective. He drifted inside a couple times. Looked better there. He should have done better. He should also have stayed on.

Guest hatem garrincha

I do think HBA took the wrong option a few times against Everton. Just because he's playing on his 'wrong side' doesn't mean a guy with his talent can't be effective. He drifted inside a couple times. Looked better there. He should have done better. He should also have stayed on.

Agree with that. As for the "wrong side" thing (in fact, it's his natural side and he played some unreal games there in France)

But he was good against Fulham second half  :lol:

Those quotes were from the Fulham game, not Everton btw.

I personally would have kept him on, but i would never take him off unless the game was wrapped up with 3 points in the bag, but i can't remember the last time we were actually in a position where the game was wrapped up early  :lol:

Those quotes were from the Fulham game, not Everton btw.

I personally would have kept him on, but i would never take him off unless the game was wrapped up with 3 points in the bag, but i can't remember the last time we were actually in a position where the game was wrapped up early  :lol:

This.

He's one of the few players we have who can create something out of nothing.

“I said to Hatem at half-time, ‘you need to seriously think about what you’re doing, because you’re slowing us down and making poor decisions with the ball’.”

That was the quote from him. As for Everton, i don't know. Probably didn't trust him to listen to any defensive tactics  :lol:

After that and you still defend Pardew. 'Didn't trust him to listen to any defensive tactics' when down 3-0...

Guest hatem garrincha

After that and you still defend Pardew. 'Didn't trust him to listen to any defensive tactics' when down 3-0...

This debate around Hatem's indiscipline defensively brings us back to the season after his injury, the famous 5th season.

I thought it was outdated.

Thought the smiley would give the hint i was just joking on rather than that being me defending Pardew's tactics, like.

I don't know why he was brought off, like i've said, i wouldn't replace him in any game. It's hard to be too angry about the departure though when effectively the second half was a massive improvement so Pardew can easily justify it but it still doesn't bed well with me.

Can somebody tell what's the game plan of Pardew since two years, other than throwing long balls to the forwards or counting on Hatem to make the difference alone? Some fans are wondering if Ben Arfa is a team player, but is there any game plan?

I mean, the team hasn't changed excepting some arrivals and the departure of Demba Ba. But I still don't know what Pardew is trying to do. At first I was thinking that he had some difficulties to deal with the injuries but now I'm wondering if he's not simply lost.

If he doesn't know what to do, at least Ben Arfa should be more focusing on how he'll score, than how he will defend. For instance sometimes he has to play nearly like a right back when Debuchy gets close to the central back, how can he play the counter attack whereas he's one of the only chances to score?

It is hardly much consolation to Newcastle that the only team to have been more defensively dodgy than them this season is Sunderland. One of several reasons why Newcastle have conceded so many goals is that they are vulnerable on the flanks' date=' where their full-backs love attacking and their wingers hate defending. Cardiff City have been much more dynamic and balanced this season and will likely exploit any Newcastle negligence. It will be particularly interesting to see whether Alan Pardew starts with Hatem Ben Arfa, whom he dragged off against Everton at half-time. Ben Arfa's ingenuity with the ball is too often offset by his utter uselessness without it. For he and his team to progress, he must learn to contribute more: one damning Opta statistic from this season is that in six Premier League matches so far, Ben Arfa has attempted a grand total of two tackles. Yes, he has suffered serious injuries in the past but his Premier League future will not be as successful as it could be if he doesn't do more.[/quote']

Broadsheets laying into him now. :buck2:

Saying that, just the 2 attempted tackles in 6 games!? I don't expect much more than him putting pressure on his man as best he can, it's not his game to stick his foot in, but that does seem fairly hopeless. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I couldn't give a shit if Hatem made no tackles ever, that's not what i see him in the fucking team for. Ok i expect him to work hard when we dont have the ball, but i dont expect him to turn in Nobby fucking Stiles like.

Guest bimpy474

We need 11 defenders on the pitch remember, Bimpy.  That attacking and scoring goals thing is a mugs game.

God it's depressing when you realise what Pardew real football outlook is :(

Love the logic of those stats.

Tackles now equate to defensive performance I see?

Ever heard of jockeying? Besides letting Ben arfa tackle would lead to us being milked for free kicks and the like and considering we are quite a small side it could be a blessing