NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

@CaulkinTheTimes: Honestly believe #Nufc have completed their substantive business for the month. Certainly don't think another big striker on way.

@MsiDouglas: Cisse will be given lions share of the striking responsibility in the run-in. No other striker joining, I don't think. #nufc

@CaulkinTheTimes: Honestly believe #Nufc have completed their substantive business for the month. Certainly don't think another big striker on way.

No more outgoings or nasty surprises at the end of the window?

Then that'll do for me. :clap:

@MsiDouglas: Cisse will be given lions share of the striking responsibility in the run-in. No other striker joining, I don't think. #nufc

These two have been so off the pace this month it's embarrassing. Lyder territory from the pair.

I'm in a unique place right now, where for the first time in over a month I am not that bothered whether we bring any of these strikers we have been linked to in. I certainly want another striker in, we need two more before September, but I am in a happy place after Sissoko and the others. What a difference a week makes!

From Pardew's recent quotes it sounds like NUFC had been planing (or had already arranged?) to get Gouffran and Sissoko for free in the Summer. Our current perilous league position resulted in their signings being moved forward. Getting players when they are out of contract or are coming to the end of their contract seems to be a major part of our recruitment process. Are there any other decent players who are coming to the end of their contract? That would probably be a good indicator as to who we are watching for this window and the Summer window.

From Pardew's recent quotes it sounds like NUFC had been planing (or had already arranged?) to get Gouffran and Sissoko for free in the Summer. Our current perilous league position resulted in their signings being moved forward. Getting players when they are out of contract or are coming to the end of their contract seems to be a major part of our recruitment process. Are there any other decent players who are coming to the end of their contract? That would probably be a good indicator as to who we are watching for this window and the Summer window.

Douglas Teixeira