NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Not sure how Siem De Jong would fit into our team. We have one quality winger and only one quality striker. Signing him means we can't play either 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 effectively.

He's a centre forward that drops off the main striker isn't he?

Yes

De Jong and Ben Arfa behind Cisse feels like it would be decentish.

Christ, people turning their noses up at De Jong :lol: You seen our midfield? We have three players (Cabaye, Marveaux and Ben Arfa) who possess anything anywhere near top level creativity. Not that difficult to fit him into the team.

Tiote Anita

Cabaye

HBA    De Jong

Cisse

Would he play like a winger or an offensive midfielder/Second Striker in that formation?

Offensive midfielder/second striker with the freedom to roam. He's been played that way at Ajax for a lot of this season and it's worked.

Here we go, everyone arguing over where De Jong would fit in our team and we havent even made a bid for him, never mind the fact that Ajax would probably refuse to sell him in the January window anyway, particularly for the sort of money we would bid.  Its not going to happen period!

Forgive us for having the temerity to even think such a thing was possible master.

Please now advise us on what exactly you would prefer for us to use this forum for. Thanks.

I'm not surprised some people question about talking about signings fitting in. Unfortunately it always seem we get our hopes up and then are totally destroyed, never getting my hopes up over a potential signing again

Not sure how Siem De Jong would fit into our team. We have one quality winger and only one quality striker. Signing him means we can't play either 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 effectively.

Yes

Play him with Cisse then?

I think Remy was going to be played upfront anyway.

By most accounts Pardew seems to want to go with two forwards.

Yes

We'd get murdered out wide.

Here we go, everyone arguing over where De Jong would fit in our team and we havent even made a bid for him, never mind the fact that Ajax would probably refuse to sell him in the January window anyway, particularly for the sort of money we would bid.  Its not going to happen period!

Forgive us for having the temerity to even think such a thing was possible master.

Please now advise us on what exactly you would prefer for us to use this forum for. Thanks.

I'm not surprised some people question about talking about signings fitting in. Unfortunately it always seem we get our hopes up and then are totally destroyed, never getting my hopes up over a potential signing again

That's now way to live man!

Besides discussing how someone fits in isn't necessarily getting ones hopes up.

Guest Roger Kint

Who is our late token panic bid going to eb this window?  I'll go for Carroll or Graham.

The same Carroll that cant sign for us this window?

Tiote      Cabaye

Ben Arfa              De Jong        Marveaux

Cisse

Maybe?

That's what I was thinking.

Yes

Meh, just need the fullbacks to be a bit more disciplined and a mobile anchorman who can cover the flanks quickly. You can make anything work if you're willing and able to put in the planning/training hours.

What is generally assumed to be our transfer policy is sound in my opinion. What worries me is whether the current management structure can operate within it & produce. Debuchy aside, we have signed no-one (Of note) for 12months whilst being fully aware of the need to fill gaps. This does not bode well for our current dilema in which we find ourselves in a "worst case scenario" as far as the rules of general comerce are concerned. We are not in a position to gain value for money - the fulcrum of the Ashley / Llambias buying principle.

As a die hard cynic, I fully expect us to come up short with perhaps a "token" old clogger to make the numbers up at the end of a frustring month of rumour / conjecture & dashed hope.

The harbinger of doom I maybe, but I fully expect to get relagated without spending good money on a quality centre forward.

What is generally assumed to be our transfer policy is sound in my opinion. What worries me is whether the current management structure can operate within it & produce. Debuchy aside, we have signed no-one (Of note) for 12months whilst being fully aware of the need to fill gaps. This does not bode well for our current dilema in which we find ourselves in a "worst case scenario" as far as the rules of general comerce are concerned. We are not in a position to gain value for money - the fulcrum of the Ashley / Llambias buying principle.

As a die hard cynic, I fully expect us to come up short with perhaps a "token" old clogger to make the numbers up at the end of a frustring month of rumour / conjecture & dashed hope.

The harbinger of doom I maybe, but I fully expect to get relagated without spending good money on a quality centre forward.

Cisse and Anita?

Cisse and Anita?

Cisse 12months ago....Anita?...tidy player so far (if a little inconsistent), but more than that?

Who is our late token panic bid going to eb this window?  I'll go for Carroll or Graham.

Darren Bent on loan

Don`t think we could with Carroll anyway with the FIFA rule : "player is only eligible to play in Official Matches for two clubs." in  1 year. If he hadn`t signed for West Ham I`m pretty sure we would have gone back in for him though..

Yes

Not if we played Cisse there  :cheesy:

Agree absolutely - we have just lost out to a smaller club in the transfer market yet people are being taken in by a club story of going for one of Ajax's best players - whose brother, incidentally, turned us down last summer.

I've heard of grabbing at straws but this is ridiculous - surely after the last 6 months, people should only get excited about possible transfers when the player signs and appears at a press conference ...

This is NUFC, run by the Chuckle Bros, we are talking about..!

Darren Bent on loan

Don`t think we could with Carroll anyway with the FIFA rule : "player is only eligible to play in Official Matches for two clubs." in  1 year. If he hadn`t signed for West Ham I`m pretty sure we would have gone back in for him though..

Probably discussed already, but do loans count? There must be plenty of players in the football league who go out on loan to a couple of clubs in a season and also appear for their parent club. I guess it's because the majority of these are classed as 'emergency loans'.

FWIW I don't think we will be in for Carroll at the moment, but I am just interested to see if anyone knows the crack.

Darren Bent on loan

Probably discussed already, but do loans count? There must be plenty of players in the football league who go out on loan to a couple of clubs in a season and also appear for their parent club. I guess it's because the majority of these are classed as 'emergency loans'.

FWIW I don't think we will be in for Carroll at the moment, but I am just interested to see if anyone knows the crack.

Normal loans do count as far as I'm aware, the emergency loan in the football league has always been a grey area since its very existence kinda breaks fifa rules

Guest Roger Kint

Carroll is a season long loan, seeing as theres no word on it ending this month we have to assume WHU have got him til summer regardless of any rules on us being able to sign him.

Guest Roger Kint

Where the fuck is the center back?

'With 14, no player across Europe’s top leagues produces more clearances per game on average than Mike Williamson'

What CB?  :hmm:

St Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang may be attracting interest from Manchester giants City and United, as well as Newcastle, but he has taken the opportunity to reiterate that it is his intention to see out the season in France before moving on in the summer.