NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

It could be that even Mike Ashley isn't willing to gamble with the massive TV bonanza for next season. I mean, he has to get some credit for tying up Debuchy and Remy.

You've jinxed it now.

Apologies in advance for when it doesn't go through.

Wait, have I just reverse jinxed it now?

Apparently not :frantic:

EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle plot bold £9m swoop for Ajax playmaker De Jong

By SIMON JONES

PUBLISHED: 09:04, 15 January 2013 | UPDATED: 09:07, 15 January 2013

Newcastle are planning to bring the brilliant Ajax captain Siem de Jong to the Premier League in a £9million deal that will show their transfer ambition.

De Jong, 23, is a playmaker who can play either in midfield or attack. He can also play as an old fashion No 10 and his capture will excite the Newcastle fans.

He has scored seven goals in 18 league games this season and this Swiss born attacker would light up St James’ Park.

Although a relegation battle appears to be looming, this is no panic bid by Alan Pardew. Instead he sees De Jong as a player who will bring a turnaround in their fortunes.

De Jong played in the Champions League earlier this season, with Ajax pitted against Manchester City, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in a tough group.

The Dutch international netted three times in two games against City as Roberto Mancini's men were sent crashing out.

Scroll down to see a video of De Jong's best moments at Ajax...

Skipper: De Jong took over the Ajax captaincy from Jan Vertonghen

He has two years remaining on his Ajax contract and while wages wont be a problem to Newcastle, sources in Holland say he is eager to run down his deal and move on a free.

Pardew and his team of scouts will have to overcome that and convince him now is the time to move to the powerful Premier League.

Pardew is planning a push on the Champions League places next season and wants to pack his team with more quality. It is understood he is particularly keen to link De Jong with French midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Money talks: Pardew hopes to make a statement with the signing of De Jong

Pardew also wants to show Cabaye - missing for much of the season with injury - that Newcastle are prepared to buy big.

With QPR winning the signing of French forward Loic Remy from Marseille, the move for the much-wanted De Jong is Pardew’s next move.

De Jong is being pursued by German Bundesliga clubs and his brother, Luuk already plays for Borussia Monchengladbach.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262633/Siem-Jong-transfer-target-Newcastle-United.html#ixzz2I2BxwXed

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'd like us to sign a few players to give us extra options than just 4-3-3. In an ideal world I'd like to get a Striker thats good in the air, a couple pacey wingers that can whip a ball in and a pacey number 10 who can play inside left. Never going to happen tho!

EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle plot bold £9m swoop for Ajax playmaker De Jong

By SIMON JONES

PUBLISHED: 09:04, 15 January 2013 | UPDATED: 09:07, 15 January 2013

Newcastle are planning to bring the brilliant Ajax captain Siem de Jong to the Premier League in a £9million deal that will show their transfer ambition.

De Jong, 23, is a playmaker who can play either in midfield or attack. He can also play as an old fashion No 10 and his capture will excite the Newcastle fans.

He has scored seven goals in 18 league games this season and this Swiss born attacker would light up St James’ Park.

Although a relegation battle appears to be looming, this is no panic bid by Alan Pardew. Instead he sees De Jong as a player who will bring a turnaround in their fortunes.

De Jong played in the Champions League earlier this season, with Ajax pitted against Manchester City, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in a tough group.

The Dutch international netted three times in two games against City as Roberto Mancini's men were sent crashing out.

Scroll down to see a video of De Jong's best moments at Ajax...

Skipper: De Jong took over the Ajax captaincy from Jan Vertonghen

He has two years remaining on his Ajax contract and while wages wont be a problem to Newcastle, sources in Holland say he is eager to run down his deal and move on a free.

Pardew and his team of scouts will have to overcome that and convince him now is the time to move to the powerful Premier League.

Pardew is planning a push on the Champions League places next season and wants to pack his team with more quality. It is understood he is particularly keen to link De Jong with French midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Money talks: Pardew hopes to make a statement with the signing of De Jong

Pardew also wants to show Cabaye - missing for much of the season with injury - that Newcastle are prepared to buy big.

With QPR winning the signing of French forward Loic Remy from Marseille, the move for the much-wanted De Jong is Pardew’s next move.

De Jong is being pursued by German Bundesliga clubs and his brother, Luuk already plays for Borussia Monchengladbach.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262633/Siem-Jong-transfer-target-Newcastle-United.html#ixzz2I2BxwXed

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Speaking to some Ajax fans on the way to Bruges the other month and they were praising this bloke. Telling me he is better than Luuk De Jong so from that alone, and taking into consideration what we currently have, I'd be happy with it.