NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323134/Fulham-look-set-sign-2m-French-midfielder-Vainqueur.html

Fulham are set to beat Newcastle to the £2million signing of midfielder William Vainqueur from Standard Liege.

Manager Martin Jol sees the 24-year-old ball winner as the man to add midfield steel to Fulham, who have suffered four defeats in a row. They can guarantee survival by beating Liverpool today.

Vainqueur's agent Nico Vaesen said: 'Fulham's style suits. They've a Dutch coach who likes a passing game.'

:okay:

Good luck to him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323134/Fulham-look-set-sign-2m-French-midfielder-Vainqueur.html

Fulham are set to beat Newcastle to the £2million signing of midfielder William Vainqueur from Standard Liege.

Manager Martin Jol sees the 24-year-old ball winner as the man to add midfield steel to Fulham, who have suffered four defeats in a row. They can guarantee survival by beating Liverpool today.

Vainqueur's agent Nico Vaesen said: 'Fulham's style suits. They've a Dutch coach who likes a passing game.'

Good luck to him.

Personally I'd prefer that he and his club have no luck whatsoever and we end up finishing considerably higher than them next season if true. Fuck 'em.

Who in their right mind would sign for us knowing the style of football we've played all season?  We have to get rid of Pardhoof.

90% of players currently plying their trade in a lesser league or for a lesser wage than the one we're offering.

Who in their right mind would sign for us knowing the style of football we've played all season?  We have to get rid of Pardhoof.

90% of players currently plying their trade in a lesser league or for a lesser wage than the one we're offering.

See January 2013.

Good luck to him.

Personally I'd prefer that he and his club have no luck whatsoever and we end up finishing considerably higher than them next season if true. f*** 'em.

But then one of the other papers say Jol wants out because he has had a falling out over the lack of transfer funds.  And then the article says he is interested in the Everton job.  Guess that is the same club who is renowned for its large transfer kitty - not!!""

Guest Brendan_Rice

According to the Mirror we're buying Remy and Carroll, but selling Cabaye, Krul, Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Ben Arfa. :lol:

:D

According to the Mirror we're buying Remy and Carroll, but selling Cabaye, Krul, Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Ben Arfa. :lol:

What if Benitez doesn't want Carroll? ???

Guest Slippery Sam

What if Benitez doesn't want Carroll? ???

Don't fret. Benitez is just so desperate to manage us he will take anything Dekka gives him.

No way Steven Taylor is leaving. Nah, no way.

If Coloccini was staying I'd honestly ship Taylor out the first chance I got. Can imagine that would be an unpopular opinion but he's just no good to us, even if he plays reasonably well when fit. Having him in the squad has held us back in the CB department for years; because - for the vast majority of his career - he's been either average or injured (with the odd spell of admittedly very decent form), meaning we've had to play shite like Williamson.

We've had worse CB 'squads' in my time supporting us (Souness/Roeder time :anguish:) but I wouldn't be against a bit of an overhaul. Even if Colo goes, in Mapou it looks like we've got someone we can build the whole defense around.

No way Steven Taylor is leaving. Nah, no way.

If Coloccini was staying I'd honestly ship Taylor out the first chance I got. Can imagine that would be an unpopular opinion but he's just no good to us, even if he plays reasonably well when fit. Having him in the squad has held us back in the CB department for years; because - for the vast majority of his career - he's been either average or injured (with the odd spell of admittedly very decent form), meaning we've had to play s**** like Williamson.

We've had worse CB 'squads' in my time supporting us (Souness/Roeder time :anguish:) but I wouldn't be against a bit of an overhaul. Even if Colo goes, in Mapou it looks like we've got someone we can build the whole defense around.

That probably is unpopular, but I agree.

Was on the metro on the way to work today and there was a football agent on the phone opposite me talking about emmanuel frimpong and how he has a ton of friends, and that he's having his people talk to others, but it seems like this agent was having a small argument with another client/agent. Thing is, the conversation kept stop/starting as he kept losing signal when going through tunnels :lol: So I realise it's probably nothing but thought I'd drop it in here, I recall him being a canny player, so perhaps a north-east club is going to be linked, who knows.