Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I reckon the player tends to be the one to decide whether they should have surgery or not like. Like f*** I'd be letting Derek and Steve decide whether I went under the knife or not.

Sorry. I just meant in terms of what was going on and how confusing it is.  He was out for ages, then back, then back out again.  I know reading the article clears it up a bit.  But there has clearly been a bit of confusion, as they've never put this information out there until now. 

As for who decides on whether or not they're having surgery.  It should almost always be the player who makes the final call. 

Hopefully, this means we pursue a striker.  As we're fucked without a decent backup to Mitrovic, at the very least.

Who's in charge here?  :lol:

Papiss Cisse is set to undergo surgery in a blow to Newcastle United.

The striker has been sidelined since before Christmas with a groin problem.

And head coach Steve McClaren was hopeful Cisse would not need an operation which would rule him out for "two to three" months.

McClaren revealed last week that Cisse had made a tentative return to the training field.

Weve had second and third opinions, said McClaren, whose relegation-threatened side take on West Ham United at St James's Park on Saturday.

They have said an operation is that length of time, but you could try it and see how it goes. If it goes, youll have the operation.

So he has stepped up, stepped up and stepped up.

"The injury is complicated. It has surprised me. Its a groin strain. How severe well find out probably the middle of next week."

However, Cisse will now undergo surgery which will rule him out for months.

McClaren has just one fit senior striker Aleksandar Mitrovic available until one or more striking reinforcements arrive in this month's transfer window, though Ayoze Perez and Siem de Jong can also play up front.

Mitrovic scored from the penalty spot in Tuesday night's 3-3 draw with Manchester United.

The result ended a run of four successive 1-0 defeats.

Read more: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle-united/latest-nufc-news/papiss-cisse-set-for-surgery-and-lengthy-lay-off-at-newcastle-1-7672835#ixzz3x8QKPZkm

good, didnt want his return to alter any striker search. Cisse isnt the answer.

Yep. The club would definitely have used a Cisse comeback as an excuse not to sign a striker. They may still try to avoid it the cheap bastards, but they'll be playing with fire. A loan option looks the best bet.

• 2 weeks later...

We don't need a new striker.  I mean, this bloke has been awful in general play for quite some time now and his goal return hasn't exactly been amazing the last season or two.  But the club won't care. 

Need to get Remy or someone in.  Don't think Cisse is the answer and gave up on him ages ago.  Mitro isn't the answer yet, either.

EDIT: It seemed he scored 11 in 22 last season?  Can't say I noticed, as he has looked awful for a long while.  But that is a good return TBF.

We don't need a new striker.  I mean, this bloke has been awful in general play for quite some time now and his goal return hasn't exactly been amazing the last season or two.  But the club won't care. 

Need to get Remy or someone in.  Don't think Cisse is the answer and gave up on him ages ago.  Mitro isn't the answer yet, either.

EDIT: It seemed he scored 11 in 22 last season?  Can't say I noticed, as he has looked awful for a long while.  But that is a good return TBF.

He quickly got back to being himself this year

I hope we sign a striker too as Cisse is injured too often these days and I don't want to be left relying on his goals to keep us up. But if we don't get a striker in then he's probably our best bet for goals tbh.

He's the only proven goalscorer that doesn't actually score

Scored enough to get us 5th once and keep us up twice, like. He's not the answer but stupid posts like these this place can do without.

Aye, he gets a shocking lack of respect from some people considering he's made a massive contribution to the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Would mean dropping both perez and wij though or at least playing them out of position. Think it could work like  but it's far from a no brainer, and we don't have many games left to experiment much less time for them to build an understanding.