sunderland

JH

In 1992, on the fortieth anniversary of the monarch's accession, it was announced that another town would be elevated to a city. An innovation on this occasion was that a competition was to be held, and communities would be required to submit applications. Sunderland was the successful applicant.

:aww: bless

But Liverpool have a capital L.  :anguish:

At least Liverpool is a proper city.

vs a Shitty ( note the capital.. meaning proper)

Sunderland is the only city in the UK not to have a Cathedral

Tramps

I am quite certain this simply isn't true.

The fact that Newcastle fans like to holiday to cheap resorts across Europe whereas Sunderland fans like to travel further because we are more cultured can't have helped our profile,

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?p=13767609#post13767609#ixzz2BYkPioIl

That one's got to be up there with Wirethide's classic post saying that parts of Sunderland "city" centre compare with the best parts of Newcastle like Gosforth/Jesmond etc.

Deluded just doesn't do them justice, insane may be getting close.

The fact that Newcastle fans like to holiday to cheap resorts across Europe whereas Sunderland fans like to travel further because we are more cultured can't have helped our profile,

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?p=13767609#post13767609#ixzz2BYkPioIl

That one's got to be up there with Wirethide's classic post saying that parts of Sunderland "city" centre compare with the best parts of Newcastle like Gosforth/Jesmond etc.

Deluded just doesn't do them justice, insane may be getting close.

I cant tell if hes a wum, :undecided: need to see his reaction when he is challenged on it.

cultured sunderland fans travelling afar  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll never forget the tramp wearing a sunderland top I came across on the King of Scandinavia, pinned down by DFDS staff, pissed as a fart screaming "I fucking hate paki's!"  The same cultured soul then whiteyed all over the bus from IJmuiden into the centre of Amsterdam the following morning.

more accurately....

:lol: They will literally say/believe anything to try and come across as better than us and not the slack jawed yokels the world totally ignores and is more or less completely oblivious to.

This post though, I've often picked them up on their total lack of self awareness, but they just get worse....

I think they do also have a higher european profile due to mags almost obsessive love of replica teamwear (which I have as well as it happens).

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=13765310&postcount=41

:spit:

I've been all over the world and never seen any mackems, yet there are always geordies/toon shirts in bars/pubs in the most far flung places around the world.

I seen a group of them in Pwhelli Butlins over 17 years ago, started chatting to the fuckers aswell thinking they were Newcastle fans from their accents (give me a break I'm Welsh), shit hit the fan when I told then who I supported. Thank fuck I was a small 13/14 year old, if I was bigger think I would have had a tuning.

probably time to bring this up again

was on holiday recently, initially had a little giggle at the bloke in his mackem top and full tracksuit at the airport (fwiw he wore the exact same clothes on the flight home)...then this happened...

me and my lass went on a day long cruise around zakynthos on this big pirate ship looking thing. so we're sitting at the front of the ship minding our own business when 3 mackem blokes turn up, all in their 50's. incidentally i knew they were mackems because one of them had not only 3 tattoos on his legs of various simpsons characters wearing mackem tops but safc on his forearm and ftm on his other forearm (he later went on to take his top off and reveal 2 massive mackem badges on his chest and an additional ftm on his chest above them  :lol:)

anyway, they position themselves right at the front of the ship on the open deck and start generally pissing about, giggling, offering other passengers sweets in 'hilarious' fashion etc and basically looking like 3 lads on a school trip. they weren't doing any harm mind.

so we set sail and it's a little bit rough but lovely weather, so the lads all have their tops off and are sun-bathing and they crack open the beers. after literally one beer, and a beer the size of a coke can at that, one of them is lying face down on deck throwing up into a carrier bag, only it's not all going into the carrier bag and it's spilling onto the deck around him. there was a few waves, but this was a 150 ft boat at least and there's very small children asleep on deck, it's not that bad at all.

he proceeds to lie face down in his own vom for the next hour while his mates produce hard boiled eggs and sandwiches. after a while the lad carries his bag of sick to the back of the boat but makes ney effort to get anything cleaned up and just leaves it there.

That's proper hilarious :lol: :lol:

Aye, I always was coming across mackems when I've been in Buenos Aires, Beijing and Cairo :lol:.

I actually wish they were more famous in these places sometimes. In Argentina they all know Newcastle, but when they're asking about our big games and I'm trying to tell them about the derby, they're either "who are sunderland, that can't be a good derby like Manu v Mancity" or "but sunderland are rubbish no?"

Admittedly I saw a sunderland top in San Francisco once.