Romain Amalfitano joins Dijon permanently for an undisclosed fee

stozo

The interpreter on his nufcTV interview! :lol:

I have not seen it. Did they get Olivier Bernard to act as inetrpreter again? OB looked suave as f*ck last time.

It certainly isn't Olivier Bernard, sounds like a computer but it isn't.

Early days and all so I'm not writing him off before anyone starts, but he looks a bit lightweight to me. People are saying he's more of a central midfielder, but I think he would need to seriously bulk up to make it in the Premiership in a central midfield position. Hope this little gamble pays off spectacularly of course, but from what I've seen so far he's not at Guthrie's level of a dependable squad player yet.

Guest VaVaVoom

Early days and all so I'm not writing him off before anyone starts, but he looks a bit lightweight to me. People are saying he's more of a central midfielder, but I think he would need to seriously bulk up to make it in the Premiership in a central midfield position. Hope this little gamble pays off spectacularly of course, but from what I've seen so far he's not at Guthrie's level of a dependable squad player yet.

Looks quick and slight, perfect to play out wide which he has in the last two games and did so for the most part of last season at Reims.

I think Marveaux will be used a Guthries step in at CM and Amalfitano used mainly out wide.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/23/new-boy-romain-amalfitano-will-be-ready-for-portugal-72703-31451485/

New boy Romain Amalfitano will be ready for Portugal

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jul 23 2012

ROMAIN Amalfitano is expected to be fit for Newcastle United’s trip to Portugal later this week.

The French youngster was removed from the starting XI against Fenerbahce after picking up an injury in the warm-up.

But despite fears that United had been struck a pre-season injury blow, Alan Pardew was relaxed about his condition after the Germany and Austria tour.

He told the Chronicle: “Romain just hurt his groin – nothing major.

“It was precautionary. We didn’t want to risk him. It was no big deal.”

Boys got skills, like him. Will definitely need time to adjust and maybe bulk up a bit but I think, as mentioned, he might be better behind the striker or on the wing.

In my opinion hes definitely a wide player, in a 4-3-3 on the right or left he will be excellent for us in the Europa League.

Amal - Ba - HBA

In the Europa League will be some stuff. Expect to see Ba play central in the Europa League and Cisse start every PL game centrally.

Boys got skills, like him. Will definitely need time to adjust and maybe bulk up a bit but I think, as mentioned, he might be better behind the striker or on the wing.

In my opinion hes definitely a wide player, in a 4-3-3 on the right or left he will be excellent for us in the Europa League.

Amal - Ba - HBA

In the Europa League will be some stuff. Expect to see Ba play central in the Europa League and Cisse start every PL game centrally.

:thup:

I don't think he's a wide player, still think he looks slightly nervous in the side and trying too hard but has shown some nice touches and has a good passing range. Looking forward to see him progress in the squad. Him and Bigi have both been having a decent pre-season to date, very happy with what i've seen from both of them, nice prospects.

Looks a good player. Quicksilver type who can go past people. One who will get better the more he plays.

Think you've confused him with Marveaux, there.

Amalfitano looks like a different type of player. (Closer to Cabaye.)